Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT David Bowie - A Reality Tour to be released as 2 cd set
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 26, 2009 14:14

Artist: David Bowie
Title: A Reality Tour
Release Date: January 26, 2010
Label: ISO Records & Columbia/Legacy
Format(s): 2-CD Set

From October 2003 to June 2004, David Bowie went on the road to promote his album Reality. It became the biggest grossing global tour of 2004 and one of the best reviewed shows of Bowie's career.

In October 2004, A Reality Tour was released on DVD (pictured right) but a companion CD was never put out. That is being remedied on January 26 when ISO and Columbia/Legacy release A Reality Tour as a 2-CD set. The 33-songs on the release include three that were not on the original DVD, China Girl, Breaking Glass and Fall Dog Bombs the Moon.

The track list is after the cut.

Track List:

* Disc 1
o Rebel Rebel
o New Killer Star
o Reality
o Fame
o Cactus
o Sister Midnight
o Afraid
o All The Young Dudes
o Be My Wife
o The Loneliest Guy
o The Man Who Sold The World
o Fantastic Voyage
o Hallo Spaceboy
o Sunday
o Under Pressure
o Life On Mars?
o Battle For Britain (The Letter)
* Disc 2
o Ashes To Ashes
o The Motel
o Loving The Alien
o Never Get Old
o Changes
o I'm Afraid Of Americans
o Heroes
o Bring Me The Disco King
o Slip Away
o Heathen (The Rays)
o Five Years
o Hang On To Yourself
o Ziggy Stardust
o Fall Dog Bombs The Moon (Bonus Track)
o Breaking Glass (Bonus Track)
o China Girl (Bonus Track)

Re: OT David Bowie - A Reality Tour to be released as 2 cd set
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 26, 2009 15:55

Thanks for telling! -Whent to the show in Oslo (spectrum) and it's probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The DVD really shows how great it was. I remember the first time I watched it, and it was just like being back there -The sound was fantastic, and Bowie even had the same outfit. I think the DVD was shot in Glasgow just a couple of days after the concert in Oslo. Looking forward to this release!

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: September 26, 2009 16:18

The cover of Cactus rocks like nobody's business.

Date: September 26, 2009 19:06

The DVD was shot in Dublin, The Point. Same venue where the stones played during the Licks tour.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 26, 2009 23:07

Thanks for this. Lots of Bowie archive stuff coming out this year and next.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:32

Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing and glad to see they added the three songs to make this the complete show! YES!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 27, 2009 12:33

the DVD is weird and does not do it
hope the cd will present a real live feeling

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: September 27, 2009 13:03

It is a shame. The DVD has some great moments and I really think it comes close to the documenting the thrilling Reality tour concerts. However, the mix is horrendous, with tons of sonic drop outs and an overall flat feel. I was shocked because Tony Visticontti usually spot on, but I think they flubbed up the 5.1 surround sound mix. There are jarring image edits as well, which can be quite distracting.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 27, 2009 13:26

David Bowie is great. Wolfgang's Vault provides excellent material from the SM Tour circa 1985.

Date: September 27, 2009 15:26

whitem8
It is a shame. The DVD has some great moments and I really think it comes close to the documenting the thrilling Reality tour concerts. However, the mix is horrendous, with tons of sonic drop outs and an overall flat feel. I was shocked because Tony Visticontti usually spot on, but I think they flubbed up the 5.1 surround sound mix. There are jarring image edits as well, which can be quite distracting.

I'm not a fan of the DVD either. The Reality shows I went to were very very good. I think the Cd will be properly mixed.

And while I'm on the subject: Bowie will start releasing "official bootlegs" via Bowienet next year. These will be completely cleaned up versions of fan favourite boots. Not sure what exactly is coming out and when, but I do know he's releasing the St Louis 1995 Outside show (know as either Live Inside or Stage 1: Hurling Disdaign - an utter classic), Strange Fascination (Diamond Dogs tour stop in LA) and two from 1978.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-27 15:32 by Nikolai.

Date: September 27, 2009 15:30

nikolai wrote : I think the Cd will be properly mixed.

Well I hope so! Not just a lazy mixdown of the 2.1 from the dvd, but a proper stereo mix for the hi fi. If that's the case i'll buy it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 27, 2009 15:55

Nikolai
And while I'm on the subject: Bowie will start releasing "official bootlegs" via Bowienet next year. These will be completely cleaned up versions of fan favourite boots. Not sure what exactly is coming out and when, but I do know he's releasing the St Louis 1995 Outside show (know as either Live Inside or Stage 1: Hurling Disdaign - an utter classic), Strange Fascination (Diamond Dogs tour stop in LA) and two from 1978.

Woa - fantastic news - thanks; only knew about Nassau Coliseum 1976

When it comes to the Reality Live CD.... I was disappointed with the DVD at the time; thought some of his 2002 shows+TV-performances (especially the early ones....summer of 2002), were tremendous - but think the edge got lost later on. When the Heathen songs were fresh.....those were the highlights of all shows.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 18:18

This is even more great Bowie stuff. He seems to be retired so he's opening his vaults to the fans. Too bad we aren't getting any new stuff, but I'm not complaining with all these vintage releases.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: September 28, 2009 00:12

great news, I keep listening to his old bootlegs but I agree hes retired due to health reasons. Maybe one day he will do a mini tour.

Date: September 28, 2009 03:06

Nikolai
whitem8

I'm not a fan of the DVD either. The Reality shows I went to were very very good. I think the Cd will be properly mixed.

WOW Nikolai that is fantastic news!!! But then that means I have to become a member of Bowienet. How much is it now?? I remember it being a bit of a rip off. But that is exciting!

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:12

Do you know if these will be just downloads or out on cd as well?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:29

How about the STORYTELLERS cd? I still need to get that one.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:43

..perhaps this is a little OT......but maybe this release will give Bowie some extra cash and keep his wife Iman from selling cheap and tacky accessories and jewlery on Home Shopping Network....does she need the money???...really???

Date: September 28, 2009 10:16

Dark Horse 77
Do you know if these will be just downloads or out on cd as well?

EVERYTHING'S a download these days, isn't it?

Date: September 28, 2009 10:18

Rip This
..perhaps this is a little OT......but maybe this release will give Bowie some extra cash and keep his wife Iman from selling cheap and tacky accessories and jewlery on Home Shopping Network....does she need the money???...really???

Well, one of them has to work. Bowie's been a house husband/stay at home dad since 2004. You can be a millionaire in assets, but you always need liquid cash.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home