Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Strong possibilities for Stones to tour 2010.
Posted by: homerus ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:44

As days passed the possibilities for Stones to make their final world tour are become more and more possible.
The new tour as rumors says, will start next August or September from South America (Buenos Aires,Sao Paolo,Rio de Janeiro), then north america.
Summer 2011 will be the European leg of the tour which will finished with a second leg summer 2012.
Except these, there are rumors that the band will play in cities and countries that has never or very few times play in the past, like Seoul, Venezuela,Chile,Uruguay,Israel,Lithuania,Athens,Istanbul,Sofia,South Africa,etc.
Announcements about March 2010.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-24 19:45 by homerus.

Re: Strong possibilities for Stones to tour 2010.
Posted by: dbb ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:47

Sounds good to me. What do you base your information on?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:49

Well, at least you do mention that it is "rumor."

Here's to hoping it is true.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:52

Awesome. Another random internet message about a possible tour. Wake me up when the press conference is about to start.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 24, 2009 20:20

Yeah, their have been more than a few rumours about a 2010 tour. A least enough to think their is a pretty good chance of it happening. Of course all the details remain sketchy. But,it looks like we've got at least another year of these rumours before anything becomes concrete.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 24, 2009 20:50

Sources, please . . . . .

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 24, 2009 21:00

Why their next tour will be their last-one?? if they are all in good shape (health),i am sure---rolling on and on and on!

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: September 24, 2009 21:08

Perhaps the Stones should just set-up shop in Las Vegas and have everyone come to them (kind of like Celine Dion). Seems more appropriate given the state of their latest shows.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 24, 2009 21:10

good enough for santana, mcparty....why take it on the road when all roads lead to vegas anyway?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 24, 2009 21:20

Hmmm ... so where does THIS particular rumour sit alongside others that have been floated relatively recently, like for example ........................

[www.iorr.org]

Someone else said it in this thread already ... "wake me up an hour before the official press conference"

Don't go bookin' flights ta Rio jus' yet !!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 24, 2009 21:51

Lithuania? I'd go to Vilnius for that one.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 25, 2009 01:55

would they really start in south american during their winter (though it's not that cold there)?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 25, 2009 02:19

its not real until BV says so, thats what i go by anyway

Date: September 25, 2009 02:43

I'm hearing an Africa tour...

Kinshasa, Luanda, Maputo followed by Horn of Africa run...

Get ready baby..Eritrea here I come!!!!!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 25, 2009 03:22

melillo

Did you make plans for Asia '08?

I ain't knocking BV, I think he does get inside information, but even then plans change.
I will start believing during those few days when a press conference is imminent.

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: September 25, 2009 03:41

Believe it when if it happens.
Someone in this forum said that a tour would start in 2008, then 2009 and now 2010 smiling smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 25, 2009 03:45

Edith Grove
melillo

Did you make plans for Asia '08?

no because i live in jersey, lol

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2009 06:41

melillo

Well. BV won't say anything until their is an official announcement. He may hint at ceratin stuff. But,he will never say anything is certain until the Stones officially announce something.......Seems like that's the way it goes to be in the Stones inner circle. Don't say anything,until we tell you to say something.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: September 25, 2009 06:56

Charlie said he'd do ABB on the condition that it would be the absolute last time they undertook such a tour. Forget it. They may do isolated shows but otherwise, folks, the fat lady has sung. It's over.

Tommy

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 25, 2009 09:15

JumpingKentFlash
Lithuania? I'd go to Vilnius for that one.

yep, me too - always needed a good excuse for going there smiling smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 25, 2009 11:06

From4tilLate
Charlie said he'd do ABB on the condition that it would be the absolute last time they undertook such a tour. Forget it. They may do isolated shows but otherwise, folks, the fat lady has sung. It's over.

Tommy

I shall keep this quote and re-post it when they announce the next tour!

Date: September 25, 2009 11:12

pgarof
From4tilLate

Tommy

I shall keep this quote and re-post it when they announce the next tour!

I was just thinkin' the same

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:16

Israel - just as possible as Kabul, Moghadishu, Kinshasa, Darfur (Sudan)... Yeah - what a tour! I might not go.
But if they stick to what I've heard, i'm definitely going.

Date: September 25, 2009 12:25

Addicted
Israel - just as possible as Kabul, Moghadishu, Kinshasa, Darfur (Sudan)... Yeah - what a tour! I might not go.

Interesting perspective you have, you're lumping Israel into the same category as Kabul, Mogadishu, Kinshasa, and Darfur ??????

I'd suggest you stay home then and just read newspapers, don't venture out into the big wide world heaven forbid ... it might frighten you to death.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-25 12:31 by paulywaul.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:27

Leonard Cohen and Madonna both played in Israel recently.

[jta.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-25 12:59 by erikjjf.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:45

Yawn....anybody who has followed recent Stones tours could predict this sort of format. When there is fact, and credible source please share it, otherwise this sounds way too much like wishful thinking. And let me guess, the finale will be the Olympics London 2012?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:46

paulywaul
Addicted

Interesting perspective you have, you're lumping Israel into the same category as Kabul, Mogadishu, Kinshasa, and Darfur ??????

I'd suggest you stay home then and just read newspapers, don't venture out into the big wide world heaven forbid ... it might frighten you to death.

Yes, psulywaul. Being jewish, I keep an eye on what's going on there. The government provokes the Palestinians and all their supporters - including Iran, Hamas, the bad boys based in southern Lebanon - and also a lot of decent Israeli peace activists. Because of their politics, the Israeli government makes the country more and more unsafe. Sad but true.
A Stones concert in Israel - that would be too tempting for various groups as a terror target. I think even Michael Cohl - a jew himself - sees that some risks are not worth taking.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:47

If you look into history (well documented online on IORR.org for 13 years now) you will see that details and info about tours have been announced here on IORR long time before the actual press conference, where a tour is announced officially.

A tour plan is a complex matter. They have had plans for touring Asia on it's own many times. These plans have been rejected because of various reasons like visa permits, garantees from promoters and so on. When they book venues I do usually know, but these bookings are subject to change. Everything was ready to play in Sendai Japan even ticket price but then they could not get the logistics right so they put it off. UK changed the tax law in the middle of a tour so whatr was planned was then changed to the next year.

A Stones tour is a complex thing that involves many decitions and points of return. At this stage I am sure they will tour Asia, and many other places as mentioned here, like Venezuela, israel, Seoul etc. They have already been in Athens, Istanbul and Chile, but Chile again, Buenos Aires again for sure, and a whole tour in Asia. That is on the drawing board. Then they need all four properly insured (otherwise no tour) and so on. Many many items for Michael Cohl to sort out...

Bjornulf

Date: September 25, 2009 13:51

Addicted
paulywaul
Addicted

Yes, psulywaul. Being jewish, I keep an eye on what's going on there. The government provokes the Palestinians and all their supporters - including Iran, Hamas, the bad boys based in southern Lebanon - and also a lot of decent Israeli peace activists. Because of their politics, the Israeli government makes the country more and more unsafe. Sad but true.
A Stones concert in Israel - that would be too tempting for various groups as a terror target. I think even Michael Cohl - a jew himself - sees that some risks are not worth taking.

I think you're exaggerating, the resident "terror" threat that Israel has lived with since day one hasn't exactly precluded legions of artists from performing there, a few posts above this one someone even points out that Madonna and Leonard Cohen were there just recently, Macca has been there, countless others. What would make the Rolling Stones any different in this respect ?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 25, 2009 14:28

Oh Yeah,

Never mind the logistics and in 'n outs.

Do ya feel it? I do every time the rumour mill starts up.

JUst like your man Keef says, let the tigers loose out the cage.

I'm ready for a tour. Just hope the boys are.

Keep on rockin brothers and sisters

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home