Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Long Lost BEATLES album - "HOT AS SUN" + (Just Added) "Now and Then"/"Grow Old With Me" Vids
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 22, 2009 18:58

why read a thread thats clearly marke "OT Long Lost BEATLES album " ? if the subject bores you.
I dont read the countless " do you think (enter name of choice) was offered or shoulda have been, the job of guitarist role after Taylor left, every time some one brings it up.

Its not as if there aint any links between the Stones and Beatles anyway !

Re: OT: Long Lost BEATLES album - "HOT AS SUN" + (Just Added) "Now and Then"/"Grow Old With Me" Vids
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 22, 2009 19:05

There's just way too many beetles posts.WAY too many.Let em post them ona beetles site

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 22, 2009 19:59

I see your point Scarey, I mean the Stones are so ACTIVE lately that we're really imposing.... When the Ya-ya's box set comes out there will be plenty of chat (including me cause I can't wait for that one), in the mean time you better get back to the cartoon channel.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-22 20:08 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 22, 2009 20:07

mickscarey
There's just way too many beetles posts.WAY too many.Let em post them ona beetles site

It's BEATLES brainiac - get it, BEAT? (like the BEAT in music? On a drum?) God, at least learn how to spell.....

"way too many posts" - yo dude, since when does your opinion mean sh*t? I think Scarey needs a "time out"..... in the closet for an hour, chop chop... yes, you can take your crayons in the closet with you, now get in there.....smiling smiley just a joke Scarey, don't freak out ").......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-22 20:10 by HelterSkelter.

Date: September 22, 2009 21:02

it would be a weird site taht was only frequented by folk only like one band/act and only discussed said band.
CHILL

Date: September 22, 2009 22:41

hey helker shelker, whatever you say

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 22, 2009 22:43

HelterSkelter
mickscarey

It's BEATLES brainiac - get it, BEAT? (like the BEAT in music? On a drum?) God, at least learn how to spell.....

"way too many posts" - yo dude, since when does your opinion mean sh*t? I think Scarey needs a "time out"..... in the closet for an hour, chop chop... yes, you can take your crayons in the closet with you, now get in there.....smiling smiley just a joke Scarey, don't freak out ").......

Ha, you crack me up fella!grinning smiley

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 22, 2009 23:01

Rather than a "long Lost Beatles album", I've always speculated as to what a Beatles tour would have looked like in 1969.
OK lets assume a few things: The infighting during Let it Be still existed, and shortly after that the band returns to Abbey Road to record what would be their final album. However, in between the legal wrangling, the fighting etc they decide to tour. This is done for a number of reasons, 1 is because the rooftop concert in January of that year was fun, and 2 so that they can (temporarily) put aside the fighting. Similar to fellow band the Rolling Stones, the Beatles decide to undertake a two month US tour starting in September and ending in October. Before going back out, the band refocuses hard on the live material, and after attending other concerts in London for groups like Floyd, Zeppelin, the Who and others, the Beatles find that audiences tastes have changed. They now coming wanting to hear the music, not just scream at their idols. This leads the Beatles to reequip their Live Rig with better amps and practice a stage show that will last for an hour or so. Booked into arena's and underground music venues the Beatles new setlist reflects their new concentration on live material. Whats played?
Well like their contemporaries the Rolling Stones, the Beatles focus on the last couple of albums (The Beatles, and Abbey Road) as well as the singles from 1968. Billy Preston joins them for a few songs.The result is an hour long concert of energy unseen on their last tour in 1966. The set:
Day Tripper (one of only two songs from pre-1968, this one is turned into a great hard rock song)
Get Back (the hit single from spring 1969)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (one of the two numbers George plays on this tour)
Revolution (modeled after the single)
I Want You (A great hard rock jam off of the Abbey Road album which is released while they are on tour)
Come Together (another one off Abbey Road)
Helter Skelter
Something (from Abbey Road the other George Song)
I Saw Her Standing there (done in a harder rock version, the only other song from pre-1968)
Across the Universe (A john acoustic spot)
Back in the USSR
Don't Let me down
One After 909
Hey Jude (closes the set)

Despite the success of the tour, the same ending still occurs. By Spring of 1970, the Beatles are still fighting and in Summer Paul sues to disolve the band. However, fans still get one great tour from the Beatles, documented by the release of a live album in late 1970.

Date: September 22, 2009 23:05

tell me about it, skelter helter is so cool

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: September 22, 2009 23:16

mickscarey, how old are you? You seem like a little kid. 15? 13? If that's the case, there's no point in even discussing music with you.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 23:31

I read in a book about Lennon(can't remember the title) that John was allegedly going to divorce Yoko shortly after Double Fantasy. It's possible that is what he confided to Jack Douglas. It also filled conspiracy theories that Yoko caught wind of this and had John murdered. Yoko, is also the same person that had Macca busted in japan for pot after Macca told John he was staying in the same room in a hotel he and Yoko used to stay at. It was Yoko who allegedly tipped of the JAPANESE authorities fearing that the Mccartneys would ruin their "karma" in that room. That chick is nuts!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 22, 2009 23:53

starstar74
I read in a book about Lennon(can't remember the title) that John was allegedly going to divorce Yoko shortly after Double Fantasy. It's possible that is what he confided to Jack Douglas. It also filled conspiracy theories that Yoko caught wind of this and had John murdered. Yoko, is also the same person that had Macca busted in japan for pot after Macca told John he was staying in the same room in a hotel he and Yoko used to stay at. It was Yoko who allegedly tipped of the JAPANESE authorities fearing that the Mccartneys would ruin their "karma" in that room. That chick is nuts!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 23, 2009 00:16

starstar74

I read somewhere (can't rememember where or when, NME?) that Mark Chapman was a CIA "sleeper" who had been primed to assassinatate Lennon when and if he returned to the public eye.
I've also heard that the moon landings never happened, Marilyn Monroe was murdered, Lady Di was killed on the orders of Prince Phillip, 9/11 was a US Government plot, Freddie Mercury was deliberately infected with HIV for playing Sun City by an ANC activist on the orders of Nelson Mandella,and that Brian Jones was held under water until he drowned by Keith while Mick danced around the pool singing Honky Tonk Women.
All true! I read them somewhere.
(Apart from some I made up)

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:23

Happy Jack
Rather than a "long Lost Beatles album", I've always speculated as to what a Beatles tour would have looked like in 1969.

It would have looked they way any Beatles tribute band looks when they put on the Abbey Road outfits and shoulder-length wigs and fake beards and play some of the songs you mentioned.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 23, 2009 07:43

tatters
Happy Jack

It would have looked they way any Beatles tribute band looks when they put on the Abbey Road outfits and shoulder-length wigs and fake beards and play some of the songs you mentioned.

Beatles "Tribute" Band? A guy puts on a white studded jump suit, big sideburns and platform shoes and sings Elvis songs, he's an impersonator. Four guys put on collarless suits and play Beatles music note for note, makes them impersonator's IMO.
But back to the point at hand, perhaps it would have looked the same as a group of impersonators, but I think the Beatles own musicianship would have made it much different. When I thought about what a Beatles 69 tour would have looked like, I likened it to the Stones own tour: the songs might have been familiar, but played differently, and hopefully changed from night to night as the group grew more comfortable with them.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 11:42

listen to the let it be outtakes and you'll know what the beatles would of sounded like live. the beatles were an awesome band but by 1969 they were in the shadow of the stones

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:54

...I disagree: Yes they were in the shadow of the Stones by 1969. But this is mostly because they hadn't played any live shows for three long years...

If you want to know what they were still capable of, just listen to the Rooftop gig: There are moments on that recording that are every note as fresh and breathtaking as Ya Yas, especially when you take into account that many vocals on that album (e.g. the awsome Little Queenie) were redone in the studio.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 13:13

Greenblues I agree,
all you have to do is watch the Roof Top Concert! WOW! They sounded amazing. That is how they would have sounded on tour, tight, no frills and full on. They probably would have had Billy Preston on keys as well. While they sounded rusty in the studio during Let it Be, that is so out of context, and when they did finally play live it was great!

Date: September 23, 2009 15:31

Happy Jack
tatters
Happy Jack

Beatles "Tribute" Band? A guy puts on a white studded jump suit, big sideburns and platform shoes and sings Elvis songs, he's an impersonator. Four guys put on collarless suits and play Beatles music note for note, makes them impersonator's IMO.
But back to the point at hand, perhaps it would have looked the same as a group of impersonators, but I think the Beatles own musicianship would have made it much different. When I thought about what a Beatles 69 tour would have looked like, I likened it to the Stones own tour: the songs might have been familiar, but played differently, and hopefully changed from night to night as the group grew more comfortable with them.

The Beatles were not a jam band. They would have played the songs exactly the same as the recorded versions. Just like the impersonators do. If you want to know what songs they would have played and how it would have sounded, see a good tribute band. I think many of them have got it right.

Date: September 23, 2009 16:56

Never "got" the beetles

Date: September 23, 2009 17:11

If you don't like the Stones, you don't like rock and roll.
If you don't like the Beatles, you don't like music.

Date: September 23, 2009 17:20

and you believe all this to be 100% fact. no wonder theres so much money in the conspiracy buisness. Oh Pauls dead by the way, havn'y you heard ?

Deltics
starstar74

I read somewhere (can't rememember where or when, NME?) that Mark Chapman was a CIA "sleeper" who had been primed to assassinatate Lennon when and if he returned to the public eye.
I've also heard that the moon landings never happened, Marilyn Monroe was murdered, Lady Di was killed on the orders of Prince Phillip, 9/11 was a US Government plot, Freddie Mercury was deliberately infected with HIV for playing Sun City by an ANC activist on the orders of Nelson Mandella,and that Brian Jones was held under water until he drowned by Keith while Mick danced around the pool singing Honky Tonk Women.

Date: September 23, 2009 17:28

That is the most ridiculous statement I have EVER heard on this board. That is the problem - probably 1/3 of the people who "like" the beetles do so because they "think' one is supoposed to like them.

Please - they are boring to me and the original boy band.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 17:32

Greenblues
...I disagree: Yes they were in the shadow of the Stones by 1969. But this is mostly because they hadn't played any live shows for three long years...

If you want to know what they were still capable of, just listen to the Rooftop gig: There are moments on that recording that are every note as fresh and breathtaking as Ya Yas, especially when you take into account that many vocals on that album (e.g. the awsome Little Queenie) were redone in the studio.
honestly i always considered the rooftop concert part of the let it be sessions. right now i'm listening to get back from anthology three and i can't see why they didn't overdub a new lead guitar track or lift one from the other performances they did on the roof that day but phil spector did alot of weird things when he reproduced the let it be album.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 23, 2009 17:36

You seem to have missed the point of my post!

Nanker Phlegm
and you believe all this to be 100% fact. no wonder theres so much money in the conspiracy buisness. Oh Pauls dead by the way, havn'y you heard ?

Deltics
starstar74

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: September 23, 2009 17:40

Okay mickscarey, point taken. You don't like The Beatles. Now turn your computer off and go listen to your Blink 182 cds.

Date: September 23, 2009 17:49

@#$%&
Okay mickscarey, point taken. You don't like The Beatles. Now turn your computer off and go listen to your Blink 182 cds.

What is YOUR problem? You have beetles stock or something? No, I will not put on any blink 182 but maybe some Stones, The Cult, Social D., Metallica, Black Crowes, Clash, Rancid, J Geils, The Jam, AC DC, The Band, Alice in Chains, The Animals, BAD, Blind Faith, Cream, Dylan, The Godfathers, GnR, Hank Williams, Iggy,Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros, Led Zep, Judas Priest, Motorhead, The kinks,Midnight Oil, Van the Man,Muddy Waters, Sex Pistols and countless others that are on my iPod.

BUT NO BEETLES AND NO BLINK 182 (WHATEVER THAT IS?). get a life boy.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 23, 2009 17:53

Best solution regarding inflammatory and irrelevant posts - Do not feed the trolls!!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 23, 2009 17:59

Some are doomed others ed.

Date: September 23, 2009 18:00

The Stones
Best solution regarding inflammatory and irrelevant posts - Do not feed the trolls!!!

Exactly!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home