Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: UNCIRCULATED STUFF WE KNOW IT EXISTS
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 19, 2009 15:21

the master pro shots of THE SUPERDOME 78 AND FORT WORTH 78

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 19, 2009 15:43

The GR

The 68 NME show was filmed by Southern TV although the franchise has passed through 2 or 3 companies since then.

The footage i would like to see before any other,is it really out there somewhere?

Re: Uncirculated stuff we know it exists
Date: September 19, 2009 15:59

parislocksmith
Jam session, Keith Richards and Johnny Thunders at unspecified New York club, approximately early 80ies.

I got this information in -84 from a Swedish musician who was a friends with Neon Leon. Leon claimed he was present that night and, moreover, had the tape.

Unverified but intriguing.

I was present too; it did happen.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 19, 2009 16:00

Doc
A few stuff on video :

ALL Paris 1976 shows were filmed by late Freddie Hausser. He transfered them on digital support in 2003. He also is said to have filmed one Earl's Court show, but I don't have any additional info about that one.

The 1995 Paradiso gigs, as well as the Olympia and Shepherd's Bush concerts were all filmed in their entierty.
The Shepherd's Bush was publicly shown one in 1999. Never surfaced.

There was a cinema team at the Ahoy and Vredenburg in 2003.
They filmed 3 songs from each concert. Could be awesome footage, releasable in Hi-Def, since it wasnt video recordings.
In 2001 a friend of mine hooked me up with a guy who worked for the company that does the screens for the Stones shows, the first thing I got from him(for 500 bucks) was the Double Door proshot which I "premiered" at the 2001 Shidoobie Wildwood weekend...next up(for 1,000 bucks) was the Chicago dress rehearsal footage and the incomplete opening night BTB Soldier Field proshot along with the New Jersey "Roadie Tapes." On Thanksgiving weekend I met him in south Florida(where he was visiting family, he was from New Jersey) and he showed me a video cassette that had two songs from each of these shows: Brixton '95, Paradiso(both shows) Shepherd's Bush '99 and San Jose '99(it had a Showtime logo on it.) He wanted 2500 for each of those shows...since I could not afford that much myself and had dificulty in the past getting people to keep the Double Door and Soldier Field tapes "inside" (in other words don't let anybody know you have them because we are gonna get more!) I had to pass on them. I subsequently got a few things from him by other bands cheaper than the Stones stuff. I lost touch with him in 2003 and have not heard from him since. He told me that there are screenshots AND roadie tapes for every show during the entire Cohl era beginning in 1989...wouldn't That be something to see?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2009 16:03

.....Probably best if ya try and get back in touch with him.....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 19, 2009 16:10

Somehow, someway I feel like the dude shouldn't charge you so much Mr D.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 19, 2009 16:14

1969 rehearsals for the US Tour would be great. They rehearsed Monkey Man & Let It Bleed for that tour !
Also any of the soundboard tapes from 1970 that exist - they are out there.
Extra Maysles footage.
Full footage of any 1969 show, the Maysles taped at least the Oakland show earlier in the Tour (there's spoken words by Jagger in the GS movie from this show!)...so they would have at least shot some footage.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 19, 2009 16:21

I wonder if the 1964 Paris Olympia radio broadcast will surface in the future. Hard to believe that nobody recorded it from the radio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-19 16:21 by straycat58.

Date: September 19, 2009 16:23

We know that Jagger must be sitting on so much priceless stuff; video and audio. Will he release it only when no one even cares anymore? LOL
What about Bill Wyman? Do you think he has stuff that he is not allowed to put out?

Date: September 19, 2009 16:27

yeah but he needs micks permission to put it out,lol

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 20, 2009 01:36

I have a newspaper that says they professionally recorded the Paris 1970 shows.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: September 20, 2009 05:13

He told me that there are screenshots AND roadie tapes for every show during the entire Cohl era beginning in 1989...wouldn't That be something to see?

No, because since 89 they suck.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 20, 2009 09:16

Some stuff may actually be obtainable if some longtime collectors or their pals go through their shoeboxes.

Mathjis wrote he's seen a SFTD video from Detroit '69 but no longer has the tape.

Someone on this site claimed he had a show with ADTL from '70, but it was too far away to get. (One of the Stones Vikings?)

Freezer is reputed to have Houston '72 (presumably tradable only for the Doors' last show or something like that).

We had a teaser on this site from Burbank '72 rehearsals last year.

Someone on this board had a connection to the taper of St. Louis '72, but the taper passed away before a copy was obtained.

Part of Pittsburgh '72 appears to have been filmed. Here is an excerpt from a letter to a newspaper:

"The second memory occurred on July 22, 1972 when I attended a Rolling Stones concert at the Civic Arena. Having a super 8 mm movie camera in hand, a friend and I managed to work our way behind the stage area where Mick and the Stones were performing. As I filmed rather up close this really exciting performance, my friend began pulling me backwards as two tough looking band security guards approached us with what appeared to be clubs in hand. We were able to return to our seat unscathed and enjoyed the rest of the show from a distance."

Beyond collectors and their pals, Wolfgangs Vault might have some interesting stuff. It presumably has more than it has posted so far (did Graham record San Francisco '72? does it have video from Brussels or Vienna '73?). We know Brussels '73 was filmed. Pepin posted Rolling Stones Express on Hot Stuff. And someone on this board claimed Vienna was given by the band to someone who will not share it because it came from the band.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 20, 2009 09:21

hyde park 69 rehearsals

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 20, 2009 12:12

Reading all these comments, I think Stones as a band was too busy getting stoned etc, so all these gems out there are in the possession of bootleggers or just tapers. I think however Bill Wyman and Ian Stewart was better collectors of that stuff. The only way to find Brussels 73 footage or Knebworth 76 would be through them (Stewarts garage...). Can anyone shine a light on that?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 20, 2009 12:25

I would love hear their first recording - the autumn 1962 acetate!!

Close Together / You Can´t Judge a Book (partly available) / Soon Forgotten

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: September 20, 2009 14:27

What about the first show of the Amsterdam Arena in August 19th 2003. Some shots have been used at the Four Flicks dvd so there must a full pro shot version of that concert

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 20, 2009 22:07

Top of my list is probably the Giorgio Gomelsky film from the Crawdaddy Club, April 1963.
Twenty minutes, and featuring performances of Pretty Thing and It´s Alright Babe (aka I´m Alright).
To see this would be a dream come true...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2009 22:32

Smokey
Someone on this board had a connection to the taper of St. Louis '72, but the taper passed away before a copy was obtained.

That was me. The guy also claimed to have a copy of THIS never circulated gem as well :

780709A 9th July: MUDDY WATERS. Chicago, Illinois, Quiet Night Club
The Stones jam with Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Pinetop Perkins & band
One of the line-ups: KR (gtr)/MJ (voc)/RW (bass)/CW (dr)/Muddy Waters (gtr, voc)

Date: September 20, 2009 22:47

Gazza
Smokey

That was me.

Yes, I thought I'd not even imply yet another request to you about this.

Date: September 20, 2009 22:53

johang
The only way to find Brussels 73 footage or Knebworth 76 would be through them (Stewarts garage...). Can anyone shine a light on that?

Whoever filmed Rolling Stones Express is likely to have extensive footage, probably even with sound. Much of Knebworth '76 circulates. [bootcoverz.com]

Posted by: Nylex ()
Date: September 21, 2009 09:52

rehearsals for Nicaraguan benefit concert '73!!

Date: September 21, 2009 14:01

or how about the show itself in soundboard

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 21, 2009 14:50

Smokey
johang
The only way to find Brussels 73 footage or Knebworth 76 would be through them (Stewarts garage...). Can anyone shine a light on that?

Whoever filmed Rolling Stones Express is likely to have extensive footage, probably even with sound. Much of Knebworth '76 circulates. [bootcoverz.com]

What's circulated is all that was filmed.

The circulating pro shot from that show was filmed as raw news footage for a BBC news report. The footage was then 'borrowed' from the BBC archives by an enterprising employee who just happened to be a Stones collector (and who also happens to be an IORR member) who then made a copy from the master tape before returning it.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 21, 2009 14:54

straycat58
I wonder if the 1964 Paris Olympia radio broadcast will surface in the future. Hard to believe that nobody recorded it from the radio.
You bet !

Some footage here ....Olympia 1964 ,Palais des Sports 1970.... Would like so much to watch these shows...

[www.ina.fr]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 19:27

a full live version, soundboard, of Can't You Hear Me Knockin' from the 1970 tour...if it exists.

that would be all.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 21, 2009 20:04

rattler2004
a full live version, soundboard, of Can't You Hear Me Knockin' from the 1970 tour...if it exists.

you mean 1971 right?

Date: September 21, 2009 20:06

Gazza
Smokey
johang

What's circulated is all that was filmed.

The circulating pro shot from that show was filmed as raw news footage for a BBC news report. The footage was then 'borrowed' from the BBC archives by an enterprising employee who just happened to be a Stones collector (and who also happens to be an IORR member) who then made a copy from the master tape before returning it.

Thanks for the info.

Did the BBC film without sound? (All the concert footage is dubbed.)

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 21, 2009 20:24

Berlin 1980 colour footage has been out for years. It's silent.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 21, 2009 20:27

HEILOOBAAS
Berlin 1980 colour footage has been out for years. It's silent.

you mean 1970 right? >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home