Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones ringtones on my Iphone
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 11, 2009 19:55

For all you apple fans...and i'm sure i'm late to the party, but i found a way of putting any ringtones {as much as 40 seconds in length} on my iphone (music of your own downloading, NOT purchased from the itunes store)....it's on the apple site...a $15 one time charge. This is very cool, since i have 2500 songs to choose from. You can choose any part of the song you like for as long as 40 sec...so far i have JJF and live with me on it...sound is crystal clear

here is the link

[www.apple.com]

don't forget to click on download

Re: Rolling Stones ringtones on my Iphone
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 11, 2009 21:03

for what its worth, on my old dinky cell phone, I was able to just record a portion of a Stones song on my phone and set it as my ring tone and it sounded fine (for free); and

now my burning software allows me to send any song to my cell to use it as a ringtone, plus with that software I can edit the music and, as stated above, take any part of the song I want (eg: for example, the Can't You Hear Me Knocking instrumental).

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else would rather NOT pay for ringtones.

Date: September 11, 2009 21:09

thanks for that....what is the software?...can one do that with apple? do you know?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 11, 2009 22:25

The one I use is called CakeWalk Pyro, it came with the turntable i bought to transfer albums to CD, so it opened up my whole Stones vault for me.

Date: September 11, 2009 22:25

very cool...thanks

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 11, 2009 22:50

Nokia users can download Nokia Suite from their website, and load anything onto their phones via a USB cable.

So if you can create a snippet of a song in mp3 format, you can transfer it to your phone to use as a ringtone.

I think you're limited in size, 250kb maybe. So can play around with the length and compression.

I have Brown Sugar from the beginning right up until the first verse where the vocals start.

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: September 12, 2009 06:07

Try Phonezoo.com You can upload any song you want and select any portion to use as your ringtone, up to 30 seconds.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 12, 2009 15:22

You can do all this for free on Apple computers; there's no need to pay any one anything.

Just use garageband to create a short clip (ten to forty seconds, say), and then export it (under "share" tab) as a ringtone into iTunes.

Next time you synch, change your ringtone settings to include your new entry and it'll show up on your phone.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 12, 2009 20:05

I just downloaded that App for my iPhone and have Don't Stop as my ringtone.

I also did the same for Who Can It Be Now? (Anyone remember Men At Work - it was the follow-up to Down Under).

I'll probably get fed up with them both and revert to a standard old ringtone but for now it's fun.

Date: September 13, 2009 00:02

camper88
You can do all this for free on Apple computers; there's no need to pay any one anything.

Just use garageband to create a short clip (ten to forty seconds, say), and then export it (under "share" tab) as a ringtone into iTunes.

Next time you synch, change your ringtone settings to include your new entry and it'll show up on your phone.

excellent...thanks for this

Date: September 13, 2009 00:02

UnionHall
Try Phonezoo.com You can upload any song you want and select any portion to use as your ringtone, up to 30 seconds.

thank you

Date: September 13, 2009 00:26

some nice free Stones mobile phone wallpapers..... www.zedge.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home