Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

go and see..................
Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 14:43

some decent,affordable music by the maestro.........

[my.execpc.com]

Re: go and see..................
Posted by: nashville ()
Date: July 14, 2005 14:48

Well i shant be bothering this time. Always been a big Dylan fan but as a live performer i think hes finished now - vocal delivery is pretty poor and song arrangements dull. Just my opinion of course so those of you going have a good time.

Andy

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 14, 2005 14:48

"Shan't"???

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 14, 2005 14:52

shan't = shall not

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: July 14, 2005 16:31

or go and hear the usual suspects....................again

Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Satisfaction (encore)

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 14, 2005 17:30

Nowadays I prefer listening to Dylan cds rather than seeing him in concert because he can't @#$%& handle the singing part properly anymore. Somebody should be kind enough to break the news to him that it's time for him to retire.

Date: July 14, 2005 19:19

perhaps you would be kind enough................

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2005 19:32

I shall be at two of the Brixton shows and both Dublin, Billy

I will no doubt see you there.

Date: July 14, 2005 19:50

ill be at those ones as well.probably be with mark in london.see you in wetherspoons beforehand ?

Date: July 15, 2005 01:28

is there one next to Brixton academy? I dont really know the area, but I'm sure it could be arranged

I'll make sure I'm not talking on my mobile phone when you show up!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 15, 2005 01:40

seen big bob 5 times ,,but my big mistake was missin the 76 hard rain tour ,,i went to mccartney & wings & couldnt afford dylan..they were within a week of each other...after hearin that hard rain live album way back when ...theres no more cant afford for me...just do it....bob almost screamed his lungs out that tour.

Date: July 15, 2005 01:42

the pub is a minute away,on the main road.out of the tube and turn right.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 15, 2005 02:18

I did and wish I hadn't! He stinks! Don't get me going on this AGAIN!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 15, 2005 02:27

I have seen him two years ago and he was pretty ok.His band rocks very hard and I think that Dylan himself delivers the goods just as well.But to be honest he screwed up some songs like Mr.Tombourine man and All along the watchtower.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 15, 2005 02:36

Dylan still has it & anyone who doesn't think so simply does not know what they are talking about. I hear the same nonsense from people saying the Stones should hang it up. Dylan at the Pantages was one of the best Dylan performances I've seen. His voice was crisp & the songs were tight. I think because he makes new arrangements to his songs, lesser fans find it difficult to sing along & thus think it is Dylan who is to blame. He does the songs very different from the albums, so to many, it sounds unfamilier & thus to them, bad...but they're all crazy.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 15, 2005 03:26

Bob brings poetry to the rock. That's his strong point. But on stage he is really bad, even with a great band. I saw last time 1993. Horrible...

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 15, 2005 04:42

Dylan has seen much better days, in concert that is..

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 15, 2005 10:27

I saw bob christ a few years back now and he was into that gospel music and i have to say it was crap apart from one accoustic rendition of ' it aint me babe' which was brilliant and showed how good he was, but paying the money i did for one track stank a bit.

But on the other hand its good to see somebody changing the material now and again?.

Anybody know what year or tour that would be?

Date: July 15, 2005 16:55

gospel mixed with older songs ? 1981

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 15, 2005 23:46

Dylan has had his highs & lows lately. I had the good fortune to see him at the House of Blues here in New Orleans several years ago, and again two years ago, both were fantastic shows. However, I saw him again at Jazz Festival last year and I wished I could get my money back from that one.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: July 16, 2005 04:17

Bob Dylan has written some great music over the years...just like the Stones or other groups, it's interesting to see them in concert at least once. I've seen Dylan a few times over the past decade and have always been impressed. Especially with the shows from last summer in Spain (Barcelona, Motril, and Alcala). Also from Toledo, OH last fall. For $50, if you haven't seen him before, it's definately worth it. The European shows this fall should be fun...I wish I could be there....

Date: July 17, 2005 03:19

2 more brixton shows....23 24

Date: July 18, 2005 01:40

5 in all...........dont you dare miss em.........

Date: July 18, 2005 02:24

had it been earlier in the year, I'd have been in London for all five.

Unfortunately, the amount of leave I have left from work at that time of year prevents it - plus the fact my wife would probably shoot me. So, I'm just doing the first two plus the two Dublin gigs as theyre on a weekend.

Its good that hes doing a 5 night run in a theatre in the UK like he did in NY, LA and Chicago earlier in the year. First time thats happened since the Hammersmith runs of 1990 (6 shows), 1991 (8 shows) and 1993 (6 again), although he did 3 at Brixton in '95 and three different London theatres in November '03.

Shudder to think how many different songs he'll do over those 5 nights if the '03 shows are anything to go by.

Date: July 18, 2005 14:38

did you see the live show from amazon on saturday ?

Date: July 18, 2005 14:47

yep..almost forgot about it but caught the last 2 songs live.

The whole thing was available throughout yesterday. I thought it was a pretty good show.

Date: July 18, 2005 15:42

he played all but one of those songs in last nights show.16 songs in all.if only he would drop summer days !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home