Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Robbed
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 8, 2005 17:10

I was robbed yesterday evening at a trainstation. Damn it was scary. Some guy asked me to change his 20 euro. I checked and couldn't change. Before I knew it he took all the money out of my wallet (35 euro - not that much, but you can buy somethng nice with it).
I tried to be cool, but his pal said (there were two guys) : watch out, because this is Rachid, before you know it he puts a knife at your neck.
Then I said, take it and get out of here. Than he said: you can always count on me if you're in trouble.
Well, I was in trouble because the dude robbed me.
Pretty scary.

I was just listening to some brilliant stones stuff on my mp3 player on the train(Hampton '81)... it's too good so something bad had to happen.

So, now you all know.

Re: Robbed
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 8, 2005 17:15

Well BowieStone,
You did the right thing by giving him your money. Look at the bright side. Most city people get robbed 2-3 times in their life. You only have 1-2 more to live through.

Good luck

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: July 8, 2005 17:49

Living in a big city it is almost inevitible to get robbed or pickpocketed at some time. It happened to me on a train about 5 years ago with a gang of youths - luckily they did not get very much money from me at all. The second time it happened some scumbag threatened me with a small knife. I reached into my carrier bag and pulled out a bottle of lucozade I was carrying and smashed him over the head with it. Needless to say he left me alone after that. I always stand firm and refuse to be intimidated or fight back if the odds look even - they dont usually expect that.

Andy

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 8, 2005 18:00

- If I fit into Cafaro´s average pattern, I will be robbed no more smiling smiley.
- Like Nashville I´ve been knife-threatened, "my guys" pressed it against my throat, like for BowieStone. But like a flash out of a clear sky.
- BowieStone, where do you live? I was robbed behind Amsterdam´s Central Station, while takin a leak (not the brightest chosen place to do that at midnite... But I was 20 & not too smart or experienced). That´s where the knife situation took place.
- Agree with Cafaro that most often the best thing to do is makin no fuzz. Just handin the dough. But once I had a tough encountering with some twenty semi-mafioso in a shady suburbian part of Firenze, smashed a bottle which I clearly showed & gave them the eyes & was left in peace (dont try this at home). Had a girl to defend, that´s the background.
- At one further occasion my friends looks (a combination of fotball hooligan, industrial rocker & neonazi) scared three obvious robbing types in Bayswater.

My advice: Never relax in a big city. Never relax anywhere
(well, maybe in a few places in my counties inland).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-08 19:42 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 8, 2005 18:18

Bowiestone, I'm confused. The @#$%& who was robbing you then says to you that you can always count on him when you're in trouble?
He needs to rethink his salespitch.
NP "Messiah Ward" by Nick Cave. man it's good...

Date: July 8, 2005 18:30

Indeed. When I have problems I should go to him and ask him to help me. He said: I'm always sitting on that bench.
I doubted if I should go to the police... but I didn't. I won't get my money back. And they even said there names... the names must be false or they are very stupid.

It wasn't the biggest city. It was Gent (Ghent), Belgium. One of the biggest belgian cities, but nothing compared to the actual big cities like London or Paris.

I also had some problems in Amsterdam at night. It was after a stones concert (again, stones). But there was a guy that helped me out. He knew the person that was going to take my money and he pushed him away and warned him.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 8, 2005 18:49

Maybe you could go find the guy and have him rob someone else for you so you can get some money back

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 8, 2005 19:16

Sorry for you BowieStone...

Could you keep your mp3 player and your papers ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: July 8, 2005 19:34

Doc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for you BowieStone...
>
> Could you keep your mp3 player and your papers ?

Yeah, he only took the money.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 8, 2005 20:28

Shoot the @#$%& next time you see him.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 8, 2005 22:22

you would be better off not listening to music while walking around the city.then you would have your wits about you.also learn the most important word.......NO.better still do what i did when approached in new orleans last week (im from London)......tell them to @#$%& OFF.....people you dont know have no business approaching you in the street.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 8, 2005 23:13

Thanks Billy for the brilliant advice. So if someone in the future puts a switchblade toward my neck and threatens to slit my throat I just tell the bastard to @#$%& off.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2005 23:52

Which song from Hampton were ya listening to when ya were robbed?

ROCKMAN

Date: July 9, 2005 00:44

no ,in your case let them slit your throat.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 9, 2005 01:48

Bowie, go to the police! REALLY, do not let them get away with it! Maybe they really ARE that stupid so try to recall their names and go to the police! I believe in not rolling over for thugs unless you really are going to die!

Date: July 9, 2005 09:58

Rank Outsider Wrote:
> Thanks Billy for the brilliant advice. So if
> someone in the future puts a switchblade toward my
> neck and threatens to slit my throat I just tell
> the bastard to @#$%& off.

Or just shoot´em, like tomstones suggests.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 9, 2005 12:25

billy318124 Wrote:
> no ,in your case let them slit your throat.

You had better return to your cave and put on a Dylan record and continue the good old procedure of jerking off while taking your daily dosage of Rohypnol mixed with booze.

Date: July 9, 2005 12:51

Sun is shining & the air is filled with sheer love... Isnt it... ? smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2005 13:13

Rockman Wrote:
> Which song from Hampton were ya listening to when
> ya were robbed?
>
> ROCKMAN

Those dudes were gesturing they wanted to ask me something when Mick was telling the ausience they were gong to do some coverversions of songs they never recorded.

And Billy, I was waiting on a friend, I wasn't walking around in the city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-09 13:13 by BowieStone.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 9, 2005 14:49

Very sorry to hear that, he's probably a junkie so hopefully he'll choke on his own vomit. I was robbed at knife point in my car, he took my cash withdrawal card and asked for the pin number, I gave him the wrong one and he ran away. Absolute scum, but you'll gradually forget about it in time. take care.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 9, 2005 15:33

I'm sorry to hear that Bowie...

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: July 9, 2005 16:24

Sorry to hear about your experience, Bowie. I suggest you should have gone to the police, particularly if those crooks hang out in the same place all the time. In the meantime, remember to count your blessings in light of your experience:

They took only 35 euros. That's 35 more than you wanted them to take, of course, but I'm guessing it won't ruin you.

They didn't take your Hampton show. (Or did they?)

You were able to walk away, go home, and not have to worry about robbing people to pay for your next meal.

You live in Europe, where thugs carry knives, not automatic weapons. Here in the U.S., the notion of muggers carrying knives seems almost quaint.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 9, 2005 17:22

That is funny what you say Bluespeyer. I was thinking the same thing when I read about them carrying knives. That is ludicrous over here now. Reminds me of West Side Story or soemthing. But that is only until you are faced with a knife at your throat. All the sudden it doesn't ring funny at all.

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: July 9, 2005 17:41

I caught someone trying to rob me in Ft Myers FL last week, stupid me did not lock the car I realized it and ran back to lock it and this guy was in the back seat - - - I surprised the s--t out of him and got right in his face he had my bag and my friends kids bag in his hands and he tried to get away but I just grabbed my stuff out of his hands and he took off...I had the element of surprise on my side so guess I got lucky...

Sux that anymore you need to watch yourself & your stuff all the time and be suspicious of EVERYONE, crackheads are everywhere...

Date: July 9, 2005 17:43

anyone who walks around in public with headphones and/or a mobile phone stuck to their ear deserves everything they get.

Date: July 9, 2005 18:45

billy318124 Wrote:
> anyone who walks around in public with headphones
> and/or a mobile phone stuck to their ear deserves
> everything they get.

I keep that in mind.

Listening to music in public = giving all my money or my life.
So, the ones that robbed me were just doing justice. I didn't know that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-09 18:51 by BowieStone.

Date: July 9, 2005 20:32

anyone who walks around in public with headphones and/or a mobile phone stuck to their ear deserves everything they get.

Date: July 9, 2005 20:33

Please.

Date: July 9, 2005 21:00

especially mobile phones.....................

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 9, 2005 21:07

The attitude that someone 'deserves what they get' feels more like irritatation at the phone users (& music listeners?) - I mean have you NEVER accidently left your keys in your car, a card on a bar, a bike unlocked etc? No one innocent, naive, stupid, whatever 'deserves' being attacked in any way.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home