Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Cast in Order of Appearance" on IORR
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: May 31, 2005 15:11

This is hardly an urgent question, but can anyone explain the listing of the band members' names on the inner sleeve of It's Only Rock 'n Roll?

The list is headed "Cast in order of appearance" and then names Keith, Mick T., Charlie, Mick J. and Bill, followed by a list of supporting players. The first track, If You Can't Rock Me, kicks off with drums. Charlie, of course, is the only credited drummer.

Is it possible that another track was initially going to launch the album?

Re: "Cast in Order of Appearance" on IORR
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 31, 2005 17:15

maybe...

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 31, 2005 17:24

Definitely Maybe.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 31, 2005 17:24

I always thought it was a statement that "Keith is back" just as the album's a sort of "the Stones can STILL rock" coming after Goats Head ('where's Keith? on GHS/next rock star to die poll winner/'Ron W to replace KR' rumors in '73, due to KR's numurous busts/visa problems) & upstarts like the NY Dolls. Of course in retrospect GHS imo proves to be the more substantial, less contrived album.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: May 31, 2005 20:21

Thanks for the responses on my question about the IORR credits.

Many of you are probably familiar with the Rhino remastered editions of Elvis Costello's albums. Each reissued album includes a booklet with reflections by EC of the recording sessions and other events, and a second disc includes outtakes, demos and live tracks.

Wouldn't it be great if the Stones did something similar with their catalog? I would love to read what band members would have to say about each album, and from what I read on this board, the outtakes and demos would be enthusiastically received.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2005 01:27

A as a bonus the recent reissue of Jump Back features Mick & Keith commenting on each of the tracks.

Jump Back The Best Of The Rolling Stones. Virgin Records 72438-64682-2-2

ROCKMAN

Date: June 1, 2005 10:41

Great name for this tour: "Jump Back Into Debt"!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 1, 2005 14:43

This made me laugh, most people on this board will remember the recording session better than Mick, he often doesnt know what song is on what album, thats why this idea will never happen.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: June 1, 2005 14:47

"Order of appearance"

Bill was always first in the studio (as he claims),
then comes mick
Last and late is always Keef

Maybe an inside side kick about the sessions.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: June 1, 2005 14:57

I've always took this phrase as a joke, taken from the TV series... Never thought it had a meaning.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home