Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones book?
Posted by: NastyHabit ()
Date: August 27, 2009 06:23

Hello, long time lurker/first time poster here. Was wondering if anyone has read the new book 'Rolling Thru the Stones'. I stumbled across it, and thought it looked interesting, but haven't ordered it. Anyone checked it out yet?

Re: New Stones book?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 27, 2009 09:45

Ah you must be one of the people keno has asked to spam forums to help promote his new book? eye rolling smiley

Going by the small portion I saw posted over on another forum, it's simply regurgitating some of the made up nonsense that's on his website.

Someone posted a page on the Brian Jones Censored from our Minds(great place!) forum, look at the waffle with regards to Gomper and Ruby Tuesday for example...

[members7.boardhost.com]

Maybe the book has some nice pictures!?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:11

Whow HM !!! That Ruby story is real Barbara Cartland stuff .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NastyHabit ()
Date: August 27, 2009 17:55

His Majesty
Ah you must be one of the people keno has asked to spam forums to help promote his new book? eye rolling smiley

Going by the small portion I saw posted over on another forum, it's simply regurgitating some of the made up nonsense that's on his website.

Someone posted a page on the Brian Jones Censored from our Minds(great place!) forum, look at the waffle with regards to Gomper and Ruby Tuesday for example...

[members7.boardhost.com]

No, although I can see how you might think that. Thanks for the input.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 27, 2009 23:31

What could there possibly be to write about?

Posted by: iFox ()
Date: August 28, 2009 00:08

His Majesty

[members7.boardhost.com]

I don't post on this website often although I go through here on regular basis and indeed, I sometimes post on Keno's forum so if anyone want to treat it as a spam, OK, but I can assure you I was never asked by Keno to spam any board.

I had the chance to see the book - probably I'm one of the first ones in Europe to get it in my hands. I really enjoy it. Yes, there are many photos that haven't been published mostly from 70's. They are on the nice quality paper and I believe the photos themselves are good enough reason to get this book. To add to the photos there is nice interview with photographer Philip Kamin although as I believe not all of the photos are by him.

I really loved the chapter about the Stones movies - something that is often skipped when we discuss about Stones. Quite a part of the book is dedicated to Brian Jones and his death - I'm sure this will open up a discussion on this topic.

What some people find interesting and some not is the explanation of the meaning of some songs. Personally I prefer to read the songs in my own way but is you are interested in this you will find Keno's book a real fun.

If you write Keno's website is a nonsense then you will not like the part about Gassland. Still this part of the book is featuring the history of some websites and in the link section IORR is mentioned.

There are plenty of other funny chapters, questions and answers, etc.

Those of you who know Keno know that he is really independent guy and has balls to write the things that are not so nice for the Stones. You will find some of them in his book - this is the piece of work done by the independent person.

All in all, like I mentioned before - this book is worth to have just for the photos themselves. The layout and colors are cool, the format of the book is sweet - it is a really nice thing to have. I like Keno's website, I like what he is doing there so for me his book is much fun indeed.

Brno 22.07.07 & Warsaw 25.07.07

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 28, 2009 01:03

Problem is he appears to simply make things up whilst using pathetic hints about 'stones insiders' as if to give his nonsense some validity.

Also, his who played what crediting is at times comical and clearly biased to try and give more creedance to Brian, crediting him with playing things that he most likely didn't. Even going as far as to credit him with instruments that aren't even on the track(s).

Brian sings and plays slide on Downtown Suzie!? Sure he does Keno, sure he does! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 28, 2009 01:16

Someone is sending me this book as a loaner but I'd never pay for it. I was one of the first posters on Gasland (and prior to that, Stonesworld) but I find it's a good idea to move along as these boards seem to decline with age.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 28, 2009 01:17

Just by reading some of those little briefs in that link you can tell the book is total crap. I would never give my money to someone printing this sort of nonsense.

Posted by: iFox ()
Date: August 28, 2009 02:21

His Majesty
Problem is he appears to simply make things up whilst using pathetic hints about 'stones insiders' as if to give his nonsense some validity.

Also, his who played what crediting is at times comical and clearly biased to try and give more creedance to Brian, crediting him with playing things that he most likely didn't. Even going as far as to credit him with instruments that aren't even on the track(s).

Brian sings and plays slide on Downtown Suzie!? Sure he does Keno, sure he does! eye rolling smiley

I am far from saying that I'm the Stones expert. I simply love their music, their concerts, their photos. So for the simple fan that I am this book is fun.
When it comes to the insiders I remember most of thee news about the tours from Keno were correct so I trust him in that. I don't want to argue with crediting as I don't know much about it. Peace.

Brno 22.07.07 & Warsaw 25.07.07

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home