Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie's Songs
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:35

I would like to see the band play "Breakin My Heart" on this tour. Get Ronnie up to the mic plus the song is just good. Did he RW & KR write this one or was this a Jagger/Richards that was "traded" for IORR.

Anyway, get Ron up there for a song, it may keep him sober, keep him interested and enthusiastic. Keith one song, Then Ron with KR & MJ singing the back up vox?

Heres a Stones quiz: When was the last time Mick was contractually allowed to be on stage while Keith sang his song(s). Contrary to rumor, MJ is not taking a break while KR sings......its contractual that he is off the stage.

Milo, NYC
Share your thoughts

Re: Ronnie's Songs
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 30, 2005 14:44

I think they could do a Faces cover for fun anyway.

> Heres a Stones quiz: When was the last time Mick was contractually allowed to
> be on stage while Keith sang his song(s). Contrary to rumor, MJ is not taking a
> break while KR sings......its contractual that he is off the stage.

I'd go for '78. On 'Out on bail' you hear Mick singing background on Happy.

Don't know about the '79 occasion.

In '81 Mick left when Keith hammered in Little T&A (See him dancing off in the Seattle part 2 dvd)
He should have stayed of course. If Little T&A was performed now like in '81, the boys would be slaughtered in the press!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 30, 2005 17:15

This whole idea of Ron doing a tune has been brought up many times over the years. Doesn't make it any less of a good idea though. I agree that not only wouyld it rock musically but also do wonders for Ronnie headwise. Shit, I'd let Ronnie sing BU's on all the tunes. What would we give for the old style BU vox again...

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 30, 2005 17:23

After seeing Ronnie's show in London some weeks ago I have no doubts that he could deliever a good solo performance during a Stones concert - "I Can Feel The Fire" or "Buried Alive" would be very cool. Bernard could share the vocals with him, if Mick or Keith don't want... I would love to see that happen and I think it would be a good motivation for Ronnie!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2005 18:40

No

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 30, 2005 20:36

'I Can Feel The Fire' would be awsome.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 30, 2005 20:53

If I want to hear Ronnie songs, I'll go to a Ron Wood concert.
If I want to hear Stones songs, I'll go to a Stones concert.

Date: April 30, 2005 20:55

Good point BowieStone. It's probably NOT going to happen.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 1, 2005 09:08

It is interesting to question the when and the why of the contractual obligation banning MJ from the stage. I have heard it many times before, but never the details. To me it shows a bit of insecurity on the part of KR. Can you imagine if MJ asked that Keith be off stage for two numbers; fans would savage him as being an egomaniac. This is just one of the many paradoxes that allows us to forgive Keith for so much and Blame Jagger for all ills. I have to admit though that this tendency is less pronounced here than on the other boards.

Limbostone, you bring up another paradox, performance level. So many of us want a return to the "raw" Stones, scrap the Vegas Revue. Well, beyond the question of whether KR and RW could do it, you have hit upon a very valid point. The press would tear the band to shreds with an 81 tour today, let alone say the '78 shows. Hell, the press tore up the '78 shows in 78. I cannot imagine if all the sloppiness of the 75 and 76 tours came about today. Those tours are all legendary, but they are not what the mass audiences want today. So again we long term fans are in another conundrum, we want the old days, and cannot imagine that the whole process involves playing for big bucks to audiences that would stand slack jawed if the shows (like those we revere from the past) did not live up to todays enetertainment standards.

OH yeah, to return to topic, LOL, I would love to see Ronnie sing Seven Days. If the Stones can do LARS, let Ron do his Dylan thing!

Date: May 1, 2005 09:57

What a great song Seven Days is.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: May 1, 2005 13:52

Give Ronnie a song. I believe that Milo is right about the "contractual" absence of Mick, and it did start on the 81 Tour, somewhere halfway through the tour when Ronnie was in real bad shape, and Mick wanted to can him midstream.
After the night that Ronnie arrived really late, took a wrong turn, and ended up on stage during the opening bands set, which he ruined by making that wrong turn.
I wish I had the article today...I believe it was in Rolling Stone Magazine.

Date: May 1, 2005 17:03

I love the 'wrong turn' thing. Poor Ronnie. I wonder if there is a vitamin 'V' anywhere?

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 2, 2005 15:31

When the Stones tour, it is part of The contract that Mick vacate the stage when Keith does "his"songs. This did start prior to the 81 tour when MJ and KR were already fighting. The 81 Tour is when MJ and KR kept their own camps and Woody was in the Middle and did almost get the boot.

78 was the last time that MJ was on the stage when KR "sang"

Milo, NYC
It's a bitch

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 2, 2005 16:25

What is this whole wrong turn storie?
Sounds like a good Ronnie storie!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 4, 2005 18:36

BowieStone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I want to hear Ronnie songs, I'll go to a Ron
> Wood concert.
> If I want to hear Stones songs, I'll go to a
> Stones concert.
>
> - BowieStone

Sounds fair to me. I don't think Ronnie could handle the extra pressure it would require to sing at a Stones concert, not solo anyway. Mick and Keith wouldn't be too happy if he'd screw up the lyrics and besides Ronnie sure has got his share of problems already when it comes to booze and excessive smoking. I would be more than satisfied if he would concentrate on the guitarwork which I know he can excel at and I DON'T want to see a cigarette squeezed in between his pick fingers.
By the way, I think Blondie, Lisa and Bernard don't need any help with the back-up vocals.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 4, 2005 18:40

Rockman - No
Ablett - Yes

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 4, 2005 19:40

Hell, if they could give Billy Preston a two song set in '75 and '76 why not someone who is actually a Stone? I think it would be great to shake things up a bit!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 4, 2005 19:48

I think Ronnie is unfortunatley already shaking up things a bit with his frequent visits to rehab.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 4, 2005 20:13

Palais Royale 2002 : Mick is on stage while Keith sings Happy.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 4, 2005 21:15

I don't think there was any other place for Mick to go!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home