Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Moncton NB
Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: April 14, 2005 16:42

Reports today on a Halifax radio station are that organizers of a summer festival in Moncton New Brunswick have approached the stones to play. This would be the first time in a LONG time the Stones have come this far into eastren Canada

Re: Stones in Moncton NB
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 14, 2005 17:04

September 3rd.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 15, 2005 08:28

I don't think the Stones have ever played anywhere in Eastern Canada (East of Quebec City). It would be the biggest show ever for the Maritimes.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 15, 2005 11:16

I think you are right. The 1998 show in Quebec was probably the closest they have been for a concert in this area.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2005 12:47

When flying from Europe to North America it takes around 6-8 hours. And the first part of America you see is New Brunswick. So Moncton would be the extreme North-East American show I think, if they make it...

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 15, 2005 20:34

Hi Bjornulf,

New Brunswick is in Canada!! Actually, the first part of North America you would probably see would be Newfoundland.

Date: April 16, 2005 00:03

I know. Canada, North America. USA + Canada = North America, right? I try to see the Stones in Canada on every tour. So this would be perfect for me...

Bjornulf

Date: April 17, 2005 01:52

Bjornulf. I live a little over an hour east of Moncton in New Brunswick's largest city which has just over 100,000 people. That means we are a very small province! If the concert happens, you are certainly welcome to stay with us. I will get to the concert early and then return home right afterwards. The venue is right off the Trans-Canada Highway and is easy to get to. Right on-site is the famous Magnetic Hill which is an interesting illusion. When you put your car in neutral, it seems to roll backwards...uphill. Anyways, I hope the show goes on.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 17, 2005 06:47

Glad to hear our Merry-Timers
might finally get a Stones show
in their locale! What a party that
will be!

Date: April 23, 2005 13:19

I heard more about the Moncton concert. A (suddenly very good) friend of mine is a Marketing Director for a regional beer company and they are in negotiations for obtaining rights to their product on-site at Magnetic Hill. The Stones are supposed to be joined by Bryan Adams, Tragically Hip, etc. Of course I begged to be put on this person's A List for inside info, tickets, passes etc. Who Knows! They are aiming for a U2 appearance later, if this concert is a success.

Date: April 23, 2005 16:33

If they play there, which I do believe will happen, I hope to be there. When they play new places the shows are always just fantastic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 23, 2005 16:58

It would be cool for this show to go ahead. I think maybe this time the stones want to play some different/interesting venues, new markets etc. We know that they need to get enthusiastic and they need a reason to tour. Obviously they have the new album, but they also need a new angle maybe, for example, the press asking why are you touring again, the usual bullshit questions from unimaginitive reporters, well this is another reason. They wanna play some new places on this tour. (haha they could play 'New Faces' at these shows, followed by a Faces cover...!! Perhaps not...)

We all know its gonna be hard to top LICKS in terms of the format - stadiums, arenas, club shows, so maybe the thing this time is, as i just said, new places. Like the maritime canada show, the rio beach show, and i saw on the rumoured tour pages a show in israel...

What do you think?

I personally want to see a couple of shows abroad on this tour. Off topic, but I just got tickets to see McCartney in Miami, (by the way the presale he did, as someone else on this board said, was great! No fee, and got floor seats about 13 rows from stage!!) My point is, Macca and stones are touring. Stones tour VERY strongly rumoured to be their last major tour, it makes sense. Macca and stones pushing their mid-sixties: Question is, how long can macca still hit the high notes, how long can mick still run about and give us those amazing front man performances, how long till keiths fingers implode... It's a real shit thing to think about, but it's true. So, i'm gonna spend a bit of money and see these two classic acts a few times on these tours and make the most of what is probably the last MAJOR big venue tours for both of them.

My girlfriend is from Toronto, we are both living in london now, but i would love to see eastern canada, and to see the stones their - Like Bjornulf said, first time venues for the stones are always great!!

Sorry to go on a bit, just putting my thoughts down...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home