Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Skule Visfestival Sweden, July 1-3
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 22, 2005 13:38

Just read in my local paper that this - usually seen as poor-mens-festival
or an exile or excuse for older or boring people not to enter Roskilde Festival, which use to be thesame weekend - festival this year features the most extraordinary band:

Friday Kebnekajse, mainly original members, betw. 54 and 71 y o.
Saturday Nationalteatern, often compared to Stones at mid-70´s.
Sunday Totta Näslund

And lots of others. (/soundtrack top this:/ "Reach out: I´ll be there... " )

The festival is north of Docksta betw, Kramfors and Örnsköldsvik.
Mail me aside if you´re interested.
Or read today´s Tidningen Ångermanland.

Re: Skule Visfestival Sweden, July 1-3
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 22, 2005 15:04

For friends of HEAVY rock in the Stones´ school:

At [www.kennyhakansson.se]
you can listen to (and download some tracks) Kebnekajse
or the Maestro Kenny Håkansson; by clicking
(to the left: third word from the top.
Click this; then choose song by left-click

Suggestions: "Gammal fäbodpsalm/Old Hymn".

cover art - Kebnekajse mentioned above and here

Or go straight to [www.kennyhakansson.se]
& choose (e.g.) Kebnekajse Live Grand 19/12-04."Resan mot okänt mål" is what you get
(Travel To Unknown Destination"); a Santana-/
Can´t You Hear Me Knockin'-sort of thing.

You can also go to [www.kennyhakansson.se]
and hear Horgalåten (orig. about the Devil playing the peasant to death at the Hårga Mountain).
Crap sound but heavy heavy folkrock music. Just click "Play".

Håkansson has been compared to Clapton & others & has played professionally since 1964,
did several jam sessions on stage with Hendrix.

If you are Scandinavian and under 25-30 y o, you can go to [www.silence.se], and use the jukebox to hear Dag vag,
where Kenny was called Beno Zeno (you can choose Palsternacka 1980, and songs II D, Tom or Rulla på; Dag Vag 1979
and Sanningens silverflod, nice remix!; Scenbuddism & Dimma - some mix!!,
Mot solen [pretty Pink Floyd-ish]; Sju lyckliga elefanter & Ge bullen ett ben [calypso/soca] or Atomsviten, or anything).
By Kenbnekajse they have only 1st LP with the band´s name: Kommunicera is a nice thing; VERY Hendrix, led-heavy-remixed.
There is but one more guitarist that sounds like this except Jimi himself - that´s The Dane Franz Beckerlee.
But Kenny is in another league talkin bout skills.
And now we all - at least Scandinavians - can see him live.

cool or... cool? Kebnekajse in 1975.

...By Kenny Håkansson´s solo stuff you can get Gånglåtar & Springlekar, choose Gånglåt, Springlek or Pellikvalsen (the latter makes you understand why ex-ABBA Benny Andersson started with folk music).

...You gotta have Real Player for the "Silence" Jukebox.. (While you´re in, why dont you hear Gudibrallan´s T-doja; hot sh*t! ...While at the Jukebox; try Hederos & Hellberg´s "Shine A Light" (album Together IN The Darkness); Bob Hund; Bergman Rock; or - again - Kenny Håkansson on lead guitar on BO HANSSON´s far out progressive rock from early 70´s, three albums with the Lord of the Rings-theme,of which the 2nd is the best, but do also check out the 3rd. Gudibrallan has many classics... Otherwise, ask me here on the thread if you want more suggestions for the crème de la crème...

...And you can always go to [www.kebnekajse.se]
or - recommended!!! - listen to "Comanche Spring", recorded almost exactly a year ago from now, the 1st of May, 2004, in Uppsala, at [www.kebnekajse.se]. - Notice: you gotta click "Lyssna", which means "listen", in the beginning of this particular sitelink... Then comes "Comanche Spring".

Pics from kennyhakansson.se

Interested in ever-compared-to-Stones NATIONALTEATERN?
Go to [www.nationalteatern.nu], click "media" -
three mp3´s and 1 video downloadable. I had some troub´s with the video, but among the mp3´s I suggest you start with Speedy Gonzales, then choose Stålfågel, and for a final download "Lägg av!" which is a raw, both bluezy a n d punkish tune, but sounds major crap here.

Ulf Dageby, Nationalteatern - the man that got me hooked on rock 'n' roll, after a pizza & a numberless row of beers he convinced me to go to Roskilde Festival
(& now he´s soon at Skule Festival) some 23-24 years ago.
(ok, Björnulf; i´m not gonna add any more now)

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-25 13:59 by Baboon Bro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home