Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild Horses
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 14, 2005 17:53

I was playing Stripped today, wich i haven't done in a while, and i really enjoyed Wild Horses. I love Keith's acoustic playing on this song (love in vain is also fanatstic). Can anyone help me out with the chords of this song?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Wild Horses
Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: April 14, 2005 19:46

I think you can find the chords on the net, if you just search for guitar tabs and the Rolling Stones.
If you don't I will certainly put down the lyrics and the chords for ya if you send your e-mail adress to mine which is found if click on my nickname!

HJofSweden

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 14, 2005 19:58

I think that the Stripped version has the same chords of the studio one, but with some different voicings (esp, the Bm)

If it is, teh chords should be

Intro (x2) Am7 - G

Verse: Bm - G // Bm - G // Am - C - (D) G - D (C) Bm - G etc

Chorus: Am - C (D) G F C

Ad sus here and there + the first solo part is a C F

C

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2005 20:09

G- Am7 -G - Am7 - G Opening

Bm G Bm G Am C D G D Verse

Am C D G F C Chorus

There are several walkdowns, etc.. but this is basically it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 14, 2005 20:22

i think it would have been better with just Keith backing Mick (as the Stripped version starts out)...the Stones then tried to "replicate" the original version, and it really adds nothing to it and, of course, doesn't quite measure up to it, either.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 14, 2005 22:43

Yeah those are the chords allright that liddas put up.
What is so beautiful about the "Strppied" version is the exceptional open tuning that Keith uses. Also those crytal strings sound pretty. Like liddas says the Bm chord rings like a major chord almost. IMO it's that Am chord that really gives this version some more beauty. Keith keeps a constant note ringing; sort of a drone. But usually guitarrists will let a low note drone. In open tunings especially it's great to let a Bassnote drone on. But Keith lets the note on the Hi E string ring throughout. I think it's the D note that he keeps in the Am chord.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 14, 2005 23:05

I presume everybody has heard Flying Burritos version of Wild Horses with Gram Parsons on vocals, from 1970. Almost beats the original! These two guys Gram & Keef really seemed to have meant a lot to each other in both a musical & a human sense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home