Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and cars
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 13, 2005 01:16

with somme possible mistakes... Some brand coming in my head, be merciful, 90% is missing

Richards : Bentley, Ferrari, and a nazi car...
Wyman : MG
Watts : collector, don't drive - a lot of expensive cars

Subsidiary question : is it true that Mick, with Keith, drove a car to do a part of the 1976 tour road ? I was told it was a Renault 16

Re: Stones and cars
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 13, 2005 01:44

You won´t believe this; but at one particularly boring day at work, during one of my (occured maximum 2-3 grinning smiley times) extremly nerdy Richards-googlin sessions I found an article that presented this as his car

I dont know the brand & sure have lost the site or link (saved it at another computer than the one I´m using nowadays). He used it to take the younger of the kids to & fro their school(s). Still, at keithrichards.com:s section Ask Keith he said (strange BTW but it never is updated... Eh; but ok, he has been busy in order to please all of us fans, ok... ) he almost never drive nowadays - the family won´t let him. - Still; I´m not that sure this is exactly the individual car he owns, but slt.

Anyone out there who knows how many car crashes KW has been involved in or been responsible for? Please post if you do.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 13, 2005 02:05

Hey yeah what ever happened to Keith's Mercedes Nazi staff car that he bought for Anita? Where is it now?

Check OldKR's site Baboon Bro

[www.oldkr.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 13, 2005 02:09

Ok, so I didnt google too long that day did I? grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Nice car-exhibition there; and a real amusing site tha´one!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 13, 2005 22:45

Ronnie is also into cars. Reportedly is the owner of an original 1970 HEMI Challenger. For you who know US vintage cars, I do not need to tell more. It is the ultimate muscle car ever made. For you who do not cars, HEMI cars outrun all boring Italian slow movers like Ferrari and Maserati or what ever built i EUsmiling smiley

Jan Richards

www.stonesvikings.com

also into us vintage gars in addition to our common small hobbysmiling smiley

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2005 22:58

Jan,.....Completely agree about the Challenger! My cousin owned an AAR Cuda when I was young. Man, did we drool over that thing. The late 60s early 70s was the golden age of American cars. Boss Hoss Mustangs! Judges! 442s!

Keith of course is completely straight

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:09

Mick used to have a Ferari 265GTO ... dunno if he still owns it

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:14

I used to own an original HEMI car here in Finland in the 80's. It unfortunately did not have the Elephant under the hood any more but the interesting thing was the VIN numbers:

RH41J7.....

Any one of you who knows MoPars can see that the car was a:
RH = Plymouth Belvedere II
41 = 4 door sedan
J = 426 HEMI engine
7 = year model 1967

Well oficially they never built any 4 door Hemis in 1967. Well I had onesmiling smiley It is today undergoing a total restauration and the HEMI is back.
Well, not really a Stones related thing but for you who knows cars....

www.stonesvikings.com

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2005 23:50

Jan....is the picture on your web site?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home