Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CS Blues dvd
Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: April 1, 2005 02:38

I just watched the documentary for the first time and it was pretty wierd. i had heard of it and i always wanted to see it but there was some crappy stuff on their. there was some good home like footage also, i especially liked mick in the green baseball jersey driving in the car, but all in all it was pretty weird, thats honastly the only reaction i had to it.. i had the big reel version so the extra's were pretty cool, but the movie was just weird. I am all about sex drugs and rock and roll but seeing keith all on heroin was kinda shitty... interested in anybody elses views on this video

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Re: CS Blues dvd
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 1, 2005 03:26

Awful film...no wonder they didn't want it released to a wider audience.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: April 1, 2005 08:09

It's crap. I hate they way it's been made to appear as a Holy Grail of unreleased Stones material. If you haven't seen it, don't believe the hype. At least don't pay anyone for seeing it!

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: April 1, 2005 10:10

I was able to download it from WinMx.
Have to agree with the comments above.

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: April 1, 2005 10:11

One other question, was this ever a name of a tour? i wonder because i've loved the stones now for about 14 years, and i've been hard core for about 2 years, so i dont know where the hell i got the idea that "@#$%&" was such an important part of their career.

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Date: April 1, 2005 11:42

No official name for the tour, no. Things weren't so cutsey and corporate back then.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 1, 2005 11:50

I have a videotape version of this movie. Have never seen the DVD. What are the extras?

Thanks,
Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: April 1, 2005 12:00

there's no "extras" to the CB footage, on the 4Reel DVD the bonus stuff is some songs from Saville Theatre '69, Jagger's wedding, Nicaraguan benefit concert (bit of Brown S) and a few others...

Mind you, R. Frank did take some extra footage during the '72 Tour...maybe one day we might see some "BONUS" footage??

I respect women who can suck golf balls through a garden hose....

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 1, 2005 12:05

Thanks Esky. Yeah some more of the concert footage would be nice. I enjoy the bird on the hotel bed too. Being a married man, I hardly get to see one of those anymore!

:-)

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Date: April 1, 2005 12:36

<there's no "extras" to the CB footage, on the 4Reel DVD the bonus stuff is some songs from Saville Theatre '69, Jagger's wedding, Nicaraguan benefit concert (bit of Brown S) and a few others... >

There is more: Promo videos; Till The Next goodbye, Silver Train, Dancin' With Mr. D., Angie etc. + Aussie 73-documentary.

Date: April 1, 2005 14:26

CS Blues is great if you're in the mood for it. The first time I saw it, June 1988, I was just astonished. The concert sequences are great. I like the long shot of Bianca doing a mogul offa plate on the piano in NYC. There are some good parts. But that's why it never was released, Mick knew it was not up to standard. It's just a home movie of the '72 tour. But where else are you gonna see the stuff that's in the movie? I'd like to see all the footage that Robert Frank shot that summer.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home