Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones at Fenway Park in Boston may be reality
Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: March 12, 2005 23:51

Somebody on Rocks Off is reporting that a neighborhood magazine, The Boston Courant, has Jagger on the cover with the headline ROLLING STONES TO PLAY FENWAY.

It looks like they are looking at either or both 8-21, and 8-23-05, but it has to be approved by some beauracy and their is a hearing coming up on March 30th. Some insiders reported to the Courant that the concerts in Fenway would be the Stones.

Since I live only 35 minutes away, I say bring it on.

Re: Stones at Fenway Park in Boston may be reality
Posted by: The Source ()
Date: March 13, 2005 02:29

well well I said fenway and I hope it becomes reality were only about 6 weeks away from a press coference
The source

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2005 02:59

If thats the case, well done, Source on this one!

personally I doubt they'll get the licence - as its supposed to be the tour opener they might need several days there doing dress rehearsals etc which wont please the residents, but we'll see

I think the press conference will be a couple of months away yet, though, but who knows

Date: March 13, 2005 19:23

thank you Gazza

As per the press conference last tour was on May 7 withe the tour starting on Sept 3 in Boston so we are getting closer

As per Fenway well I think the Stones managemnent will work hard to get the proper Permits needed dont forget the boost for the economy.

The Source

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: March 13, 2005 23:04

bring it on.

Posted by: jss ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:12

the red sox have sold out all 81 home games, there isn't a need for economy boosting...i hope they play the fleet cntr again...or whatever they are calling it this year...

Date: March 14, 2005 19:57

they might do a similar thing playing a variety of Venues
The source

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 15, 2005 16:15

Editor of the Boston Courant in today's Globe: "The acoustics are terrible...but there is something magical [about FP]" - well I'll skip the magical for at least minimally acceptable acoustics.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home