Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is it always like this???
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 22, 2005 01:24

A new album is coming out. I weren't on any of the boards when B2B, let alone NS and FL, came out. It seems to me that there's ten thousands of rumors/facts about it. When they're going to actually record it, who plays what, is Don Was the producer etc. etc. etc.
My question is: When a new album is coming out, is it always like this with all the rumors and stuff flying around?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Is it always like this???
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 22, 2005 01:50

Given the magnitude of the event, yes. A new Stones album IS an event, even after all these years. Isn't it amazing?

Remembrance: the last time a new Stones' single really let me down was in 1980, when "Emotional Rescue" hit the airwaves. As the followup to "Some Girls", I didn't know what to think. However, in 1981 "Start Me Up" was everywhere, and I felt that everything was going to be OK. That year re-established my faith in them, and later that year, I actually got to attend a show.

Depending on one's age, I'm either an "old-breed" fan or a "latecomer", since I was too young to relate to them in the mid-60s. My "fandom" started in the early 70s. How old are you, JKF? Sorry, you mentioned it, but I forgot.

Date: February 22, 2005 01:57

Yes, pretty much so. Until any official news comes out over the wire, we are basically in the dark. Someone ought to keep a list of our predictions and check which ones were accurate. My prediction. The album is mostly done with just some final mixing due. The cover will feature retro airbrushed Stones faces, mid-60s look. They're be at least 14 songs on it. No covers. The first radio friendly song will reach # 85 in the charts. When the album comes out, 60 % of IORR fans will be disappointed. You and I, and a few others here will love it because it will be just fine. It will be the Stones last CD of new songs yet they will tour again once and then settle into playing extended engagements in just a few cities, almost all in the USA. They will not do Vegas though.

How do I know all of this? I don't. :-)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 22, 2005 02:36

I'm 23 Bassplayer.

Richard: I don't think this is their last album. I bet they will taste the blood on their teeth when they put this one out. And then we can expect more of the good stuff. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2005 03:35

I'd hate to see what some folks on these boards did before the advent of the internet

Back then, you didnt get any Stones news for months on end. And you hadnt a clue what was going on.

Nowadays, people have so much access they want daily updates on the band's bowel movements and think that every tiny thing they do should be public knowledge

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 22, 2005 03:43

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd hate to see what some folks on these boards
> did before the advent of the internet
>
> Back then, you didnt get any Stones news for
> months on end. And you hadnt a clue what was going
> on.
>
> Nowadays, people have so much access they want
> daily updates on the band's bowel movements and
> think that every tiny thing they do should be
> public knowledge

So true, so true. "Hey, Keef, when was the last time you had sex?" Keef: "I dunno. What time is it?"

It HAS gotten a bit silly, but here I am, contributing to the daily gossip at the IORR Lonely Hearts Club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home