Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tour rumors
Posted by: Dande ()
Date: August 10, 2009 00:30

Somewhere in the world Mick Jagger is starting to feel like he wants to go on tour again. He and Stones management team are closely following recent big tours of U2, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen. I think it´s not a totaly outrageous assumption that we could see Stones tour next summer. What do you guys think?

Re: Tour rumors
Date: August 10, 2009 01:01

I agree. Particularly as the US economy recovers you can bet that greedy Mick will want a piece of the pie...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-10 01:02 by stoned in washington dc.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 10, 2009 01:11

Dandy Dande !

I feel something about your post I can't quite describe. Care to tell us more?

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: August 10, 2009 01:25

I hope they fire half the band and go back to the 81' format or 78'

Chuck out
half the horns out
leave two background vocals
hire doctor john or bencmont tench for keyboards
Bring bill wyman for farewell tour

its time to shake the tree, enough vegas...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 10, 2009 01:38

There's no reason for them to go out. Let em' enjoy themselves.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 10, 2009 01:48

What do we think?

I'm all for it. Jonesing for a tour.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:04

I think it's a moot point. They made more money than ever on the Bang tour. I'm sure Mick knows they are not as good as they were recently, at least Keith. It wouldn't surprise me if nothing ever happens again.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 10, 2009 10:20

Boston, 14. August, maybe 4th. 2010 that is.
I am taking bets now.
Should I book accomm in Toronto this early?
I know it's a slow Monday when I replied to this thread.
Can't wait to see what the fan club DVD will be about the next tour, eh sorry,
last tour...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: August 10, 2009 11:36

i ask charlie yesterday in Poland (janów podlaski) about next tour. he said "next tour will be probably next year"

Date: August 10, 2009 13:20

I could understand them never touring again; I just would hate it to happen like this, where it fizzles out. Where outside circumstances dictate to them that they should stay at home; that it is not their decision; where we keep waiting, hoping.

Date: August 10, 2009 13:32

May be something to polandstones' statement:

Major investments in horses
10.08.2009 10:26
The Pride of Poland horse auction on Sunday crowned the annual Arabian Horse Days at the stables in Janow Podlaski.

The 40th jubilee auction presented 36 horses, twenty eight of which had been sold, bringing a purse of 2,300,000 euro. This sum is just short of last year’s over 3,000,000 euro result, but the global crisis is forcing even the most wealthy horse enthusiasts to carefully consider expenses.

The record bid came from a regular participant of the Janow Podlaski, eastern Poland, auction. Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts and his wife Shirley purchased the mare Pinta for 500,000 euro.

“Half a million euro is really a good sum. This gives us money to safely operate for the next year and think ahead. It is also important that so many horses have been sold. This shows the market for Polish-bred Arabians is still strong,” stated Marek Trela, director of the stud farm.

Another attraction of the jubilee auction at Janow Podlaski has been a special opportunity for bidders to win the chance to breed a foal from the champion mare Pianissima by a stallion of their choice. This, of course, shall take a year to materialize but it’s a solid investment, assured director Trela.

Janow Podlaski is Poland’s oldest stud farm, famous for its purebred Arabians. The Pride of Poland Auction traditionally gathers breeders from around the world with a majority arriving from the United States and Arab countries. In 2008, a record 1,125,000 euro was paid for the 13-year-old champion mare Kwestura, bought by a bidder from the Middle East. (ss/mmj)

[polskieradio.pl]

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: August 10, 2009 14:14

stoned in washington dc
I agree. Particularly as the US economy recovers you can bet that greedy Mick will want a piece of the pie...

I think that recession is good for concert shows, in these hard times people are looking for good fun entertainment.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 10, 2009 14:15

polandstones
i ask charlie yesterday in Poland (janów podlaski) about next tour. he said "next tour will be probably next year"

So much for all the talk of Charlie refusing to tour again. Thanks for the info! smileys with beer

Date: August 10, 2009 14:19

Gazza
polandstones

So much for all the talk of Charlie refusing to tour again. Thanks for the info! smileys with beer

they could try to tour without the drummer...>grinning smiley<

Date: August 10, 2009 14:24

Bitches Brew

Not funny. thumbs down

Date: August 10, 2009 14:27

Bitches Brew
Gazza
polandstones

Indeed. And they may as well tour with zero credibility at the same time.

No Charlie, no Stones.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 10, 2009 14:39

Gazza
Bitches Brew
Gazza
polandstones

Indeed. And they may as well tour with zero credibility at the same time.

No Charlie, no Stones.

Quite right, no Charlie, no Stones. But speaking of, who's going to the Purcell Room in Royal Festival Hall on 1st September to see the great Mr Watts and Co ?

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 10, 2009 16:01

I think they may tour next year ... WITH Charlie.

It could well be a shorter tour (one year as opposed to two), and will follow the Prince model - residencies in key market cities - and the U2 ticket pricing model (REALLY expensive, to fairly affordable). And it'll be the usual big band Stones.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 10, 2009 17:46

Bitches Brew
Gazza
polandstones

They're already touring without guitaristswinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2009 18:13

Good one, charmed, but you forgot about Jagger, Blondie, and Pierre.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 10, 2009 18:15

Elmo Lewis
Good one, charmed, but you forgot about Jagger, Blondie, and Pierre.

Yeah,you know I'm kidding of course Elmo. Just thought I'd say it before someone else did.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 10, 2009 18:17

Get Lukester's email about "Fail"? I feel better about myself now.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 10, 2009 18:39

Rumors? Don´t anyone use their spell check anymore?

Date: August 10, 2009 19:01

Rumors = American spelling
Rumours = British/rest of world

Date: August 10, 2009 19:12

Bitches Brew
stoned in washington dc

I think that recession is good for concert shows, in these hard times people are looking for good fun entertainment.

Uhmm... no.

I happen to have the numbers for Live Nation (world' biggest concert promoter) and trust me.. the recession is killing ticket sales.

Date: August 10, 2009 19:19

stoned in washington dc
Bitches Brew
stoned in washington dc

Uhmm... no.

I happen to have the numbers for Live Nation (world' biggest concert promoter) and trust me.. the recession is killing ticket sales.

I don't know, U2 played yesterday in Croatia and they will play toonight also, both concerts are sold out with very very expensive tickets.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: August 11, 2009 16:41

Elmo Lewis
Rumors = American spelling
Rumours = British/rest of world

... With the exception of that apparently negligible little portion of the rest of the world donde se habla espanol.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2009 18:46

no tour for a while .maybe in 2011,or 2012

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2009 18:51

stoned in washington dc
Bitches Brew
stoned in washington dc

Uhmm... no.

ha ha live nation, clear channel,sfx whatever name they are using .just go bankrupt and then go away with all your fees .

Date: August 11, 2009 20:06

Bitches Brew

I detect a slight flaw in that logic somewhere.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home