Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The tour
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 1, 2005 22:54

I hate to say it, but I think I am probably going to greatly lessen my Stones shows this time. It isn't so much that I think they will have lost it, but more of the finances it takes. I am 28yo & would like to be able to buy a house...no easy task in San Diego. I love the Stones...but man do they take your blood at $300/ticket. I see bands like U2 who are selling tix at $50 for GA floor, Bob Dylan 5 nights in a club in LA with Merle Haggard which will likely go for about $70, David Byrne 3 nights in SF at $35. I could understand the Stones prices if this is what shows cost, but it isn't. The Rolling Stones have become a huge ticket scalper...so much so that it REALLY hurts to see them on tour. I caught 9 shows in the US on the last tour...LOVED em...but man that hurts the wallet. I am sure the boys would love to take every dime we have, but I just can't do it this time. I am sure I will catch several shows, likely going to S. America too (depends on when the shows are), but I am simply sick of the rip off prices. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. I tend to think that most hardcore Stones fans are wealthy, only way I figure ya'll catch so many shows. Then again, I know some are like me, just a workin' man with an addiction.

I would love to catch a ton here...but I just don't think the Stones go on the road for the fans (see U2 who could sell at MUCH higher prices), they go to get paid. I am not slighting them for this...just pointing out the facts.

Simply, it's just hard when you can see so many bands that are very good for so much less (AC/DC, Buddy Guy, Bob Dylan, Patti Smith, Social D, X, David Byrne, Tom Waits, U2, Lou Reed, etc.). If only there was some fanfare for the common man...maybe a drink to the hard working people.

Re: The tour
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: February 1, 2005 23:16

I'm wondering if the Stones won't be running into a little Supply-and-Demand problem this next tour. They've been around a lot the last 7-8 years. I've loved seeing them so much, but like you I'm feeling a little tapped-out. They also have pis**d me off with some of their pricing tactics - top dollar for Bstage seats, increasing the number of high dollar seats, the fan club, etc. This next tour might see them lose some sales from both novices and hardcores.

Dylan with Merle Haggard! Fantastic!

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 2, 2005 00:11

Maybe you could save some of money, take some holidays, got an airplain... and come to Europe or go to South America.... Sure this will be much more cheap for you..... and you´ll enjoy it much more!!!!

be HAPPY

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 2, 2005 00:51

just stick to the theater shows then - went to two of 'em last time at about $50 a pop.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 2, 2005 02:23

I hear ya...I caught the Holland gigs & 2 club gigs last tour (Wiltern was amazing...keef handed me 2 pics & I'm close up on the DVD). Just feeling a bit tapped out is all. That is SOO much money for a concert...just think I am going to pull back on the gigs this time.

Posted by: harrybigsack ()
Date: February 2, 2005 02:28

I'm taking a pass. I have seen miltiple shows every tour since 1972. Licks had its moments, but their played out live.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 6, 2005 07:19

just come to my bar-b-q on sunday--the band will be playing three 45 minute sets and the cover charge is only $5 american----euros are too difficult to exchange at the liquor store....i'm too !@#$%& cheap to hire security so al queda might sneak in and sabotage the microphone cables in an evil effort to embarass mick, but don't worry, you'll get your five bucks worth you drunken sods....ooops sorry. i guess i started a little early....burp...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 7, 2005 15:40

I'm moving into a new place in 3 months, lots of expenses (you have to pay the rent, the fees and the 2 months garantee, which makes 4 monthes of rent out on the 1st month).Plus the rent will be a bit higher than now...

I wish I'll be able to keep some money and make it to the US this spring for a couple of shows (the dollar's still low - I hope it will stay like that 'til the end of the tour).

What is sure is that I won't make as much concerts as in 2002-03 (2 US show 02 and 16 Euro shows 03). I think I'll be VERY happy if I could afford 8 shows in Europe, + 2/3 in the US.

I hope that 40% less shows for a little less money than 2002-03 will be possible....

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home