Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Ian Stewart 2003 book "STU" by Will Nash
Posted by: willnash ()
Date: August 10, 2022 20:01

GeirGG
Is it shipping from the UK? And if so is the shipping included? I live in Sweden, but I guess there will be all sorts of customs etc if it is shipped there? My son is studying in the UK, so I could maybe have it shipped to him.

Hi GeirGG - we add DHL shipping so customs straightforward but if you want more information please by all means email me direct - will@out-take.com

Posted by: BruceK ()
Date: August 27, 2022 19:49

The book arrived yesterday and I am 2/3 through reading it. It is by far the best book on the early years of the Stones that I have ever read (and I have quite a library of Stones books)! I have not been able to put it down. The text is fascinating and I have never before seen the vast majority of the photos. The list of interviewees is phenomenal and they are actually being open and candid (for a change). Outstanding job and well worth the price. It is on the same level as a high end book published by Genesis Publications printed on heavy stock paper and bound in leather. And did I mention that it comes with a signed Ronnie Wood print! Just an amazing addition to my collection!

Date: August 31, 2022 21:36

BruceK
The book arrived yesterday and I am 2/3 through reading it. It is by far the best book on the early years of the Stones that I have ever read (and I have quite a library of Stones books)! I have not been able to put it down. The text is fascinating and I have never before seen the vast majority of the photos. The list of interviewees is phenomenal and they are actually being open and candid (for a change). Outstanding job and well worth the price. It is on the same level as a high end book published by Genesis Publications printed on heavy stock paper and bound in leather. And did I mention that it comes with a signed Ronnie Wood print! Just an amazing addition to my collection!

Thank you so much Bruce - I am glad that you are enjoying the book.

The IORR 20% discount runs until 4th September - I can't extend it further as costs are increasing to bind new copies and I have no option but to up the web site price. Anybody who signs up for the instalment pre-Sept 4th of course get's the discount through.....thanks, Will

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 24, 2022 19:31

I am now a happy owner of this extraordinary book. Beautiful book, very large and heavy! Fabulous education on Stu. Cool print by Ronnie. Shipment was very fast. The Stones are my hobby and this book needed to be in my collection. A work of art!
Thanks, Will!

Date: September 26, 2022 13:01

Chitown23
I am now a happy owner of this extraordinary book. Beautiful book, very large and heavy! Fabulous education on Stu. Cool print by Ronnie. Shipment was very fast. The Stones are my hobby and this book needed to be in my collection. A work of art!
Thanks, Will!

Thank you so much Chiltown23 - with the fall in Sterling in the last week the book is 7% cheaper for US buyers than a week ago.

Date: October 26, 2022 20:16

There is a new review of my tribute book for Stu at [www.luxuriousmagazine.com]

Posted by: intinublado ()
Date: December 1, 2022 05:59

Hi Will, I've been trying to contact you privately these last days..... I don't know if you've read my messages or not.....
If not, please contact me....
Thanks a lot in advance....

Will Nash "Stu" book
Posted by: intinublado ()
Date: January 5, 2023 22:40

Hey guys,
I've been trying to contact Will Nash these last 2 months without any answer....
Anybody could help contacting him ??
Thanks in advance !
intinublado

Re: Will Nash "Stu" book
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 5, 2023 23:06

Me too, actually.
Hope he's OK...

Re: Will Nash "Stu" book
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: January 7, 2023 21:42

same here, tried two times to get a reaction.
Will, theres something to be solved, please!
cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 19, 2023 05:49

I am very sad to say that Will passed away unexpectedly. I met Will early on in my collecting journey and was honoured to contribute to the making of his amazing tribute to Stu. He will be very much missed

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2023 06:04

Oh dear ... That is very sad news to learn of .....

Rest in peace Will

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 19, 2023 07:15

Very sad news. RIP Will Nash.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 19, 2023 07:40

Sorry to hear such sad news!
RIP Will!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 19, 2023 07:45

My God that’s awful. Will RIP. Thank you for your wonderful homage to Stu.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 19, 2023 10:14

The book is great. I highly recommend it. So very sad to hear the Author has passed. His book lives on. Rest in Peace Will Nash.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 19, 2023 16:20

Oh no.
Rest in Peace.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: January 19, 2023 18:15

Terrible news. May he rest in peace.

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: January 20, 2023 02:26

Thanks, Matt Lee for letting us know about the passing of Will. Do you have any other details at all? His book on Stu is stupendous although I know so little about the man who slavishly crafted it. So sad. RIP, Will.

Steve

Posted by: woody ()
Date: January 20, 2023 20:09

WOW Such sad news,One of my favourite books.

Date: January 30, 2023 15:40

Any more details on Will's sad passing?

I can't seem to find anything online.

Thank you,
Steve

Will Nash passing?
Date: February 3, 2023 20:53

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has any more info at all on the sad passing of Will Nash who published the wonderful, 'Stu' book?

I don't even know how old the gentleman was but so grateful for his precious volume dedicated to Ian Stewart...

Thank you,
Steve

Will Nash's Passing?
Date: November 15, 2023 23:07

This was posted a few months back.

So sad, really nice guy who always answered my emails and his book on Stu is incredible.

Has any additional information come to light regarding the details of his passing? He seemed to be trying to sell off his remaining copies towards the end, so maybe to pay for medical bills?

Steve

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 17, 2023 08:29

Will's passing is utterly sad.

I cannot express my appreciation for people like Will, for people who commit to such an unbelievably challenging mission just out of their love for The Stones.

I have dreamed about owning this book and this will remain a dream. I firmly believe the book is worth every penny. Still, I will never be able to afford this beauty.

I understand why there was never a more affordable physical publication. It has been explained by Will himself here and elsewhere.

I would love to read the book even without those lovely photos.

So I was wondering if there is a PDF version of this book. That'd be the closest I get to the real thing...

This book should be available in at least PDF form to those who will never be able to buy this, otherwise this book of invaluable importance will only entertain a few lucky ones.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:14

I was lucky enough to obtain one of these copies last year, post divorce #2. An extravagant purchase I would have never have been able to make during my marriage, so I am even more grateful to own one of these copies. I was deeply saddened to learn of his sudden passing, but I do fully appreciate the quality of the workmanship and love that went into every page and detail of this work. Truly something to be cherished.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 19, 2023 19:18

VoodooLounge13
I was lucky enough to obtain one of these copies last year, post divorce #2. An extravagant purchase I would have never have been able to make during my marriage, so I am even more grateful to own one of these copies. I was deeply saddened to learn of his sudden passing, but I do fully appreciate the quality of the workmanship and love that went into every page and detail of this work. Truly something to be cherished.

I really want this in my coll. Is it time for me to get divorced? Hmmm...

No PDF, it seems... sad smiley

Oh, boy... What should I do? I am shattered...

I have always had an enormous respect for Stu, he seemed the most down-to-earth guy. Straightforward and true man. And that boogie.

I have so much respect for Keef and the boys for their loyalty. They seem so far from us, yet so close.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 24, 2023 03:14

I assisted Will with this monumental project and tucked a handful of copies away for future trades. I have a couple of the edition of 950 but also a couple of the contributor copies that are Roman Numeral and out of 125 (CXXV) and were never available to purchase. They are brand new sealed from the original binding. Email me on: mattleeuk@gmail.com to learn more.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home