Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Thoughts About Mick Taylor and the Stones
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 14, 2005 13:33

In our lifetime I would love if Taylor covered Moonlight Mile just him and his band and no collaboration with another artist. His guitar on the studio version is simply brilliant and his ending climatic looping ending delicate solo might be one of the greatest ending outro solos in rock. Just listen
to this delicate masterpiece and his vibrato and touch
are one in the same. This solo and vibrato is right up there with Hendrix's short masterpiece Little Wing both capture the player taking the vibrato to another level only they can conquer

If someone wanted to find out what a Soloist is all about all one has to do is listen to Taylor's masterpiece 'Spanish A Minor'. Taylor's masterpiece which began on piano and textured with stunning guitars and a wonderful synthesizer arrangement is the true essence of what a Soloist is all about. Here not through vocals or lyrics, Taylor paints a brilliant picture from start to end a true escape from the world through Taylor's composition one captures a true feeling of hope of promise something better and positive in a world filled with power, greed and money.
This composition is classic and would be great for a movie soundtrack. Only wish that Cameron Crow would get a hold of this music and use it somehow he always uses classic 70's rock in his movies. This uplifting composition is truly Taylor's gift to the world and would be great to hear in the halls of the rock and roll hall of fame.

Here Taylor is again at his best crafting a beautiful bluesy relaxing musical escape against the comforting piano arrangement by Max Middleton this musical piece works wonders from start to finish. Its just to damn short and leaves you wanting more more more my only recourse is to hit the replay button. Taylor could write
a whole record like this and that would be a gift to
all of us. Same with 'Here Comes The Rain' sit back and
relax to Taylor's interpretation of the blues.

Do you think Leather Jacket was one of the first songs Taylor wrote during his stay with the Stones. I think
the song has references pointed to sir Jagger. What about his song Stranger in this Town - truly one of his great wah wah solos his lyrics refer to Loving Cup and Hide Your Love' again pointed at the stones.

Taylor's bass playing on Tumbling Dice and also Fingerprint File is so Tayloresque like an extension of his guitar so melodic and different then Wyman. As I grew up I wondered who played the bass parts and noticed the different melodic style but never really took the time to see who played the bass until later on as a fan of the stones and Taylor

TWFNO solo is classic and all these years every time I listen to it that solo just stays with me all day. That solo is fluid, tonal heaven with the ascending and descending scale pattern. Its also haunting and sort of makes you escape within the framework of his playing. Truly great moment for Taylor with the stones and a great solo for all new fans to listen to and enjoy.

Taylor's brilliant delicate outro climatic looping solo that ends Moonlight is truly a great moment in rock history and is a work of art for future fans to find and truly figure out what an amazing piece of playing Taylor did with that ballad. Its amazing to me after all these years very little has been written about it by the rock establishment which would include rock journalists. I would of thought some artists along the way would of raved and talked about this song and what Taylor did with this song. Same thing can be said with 'Sway' which has developed more of a following from the fanatics like me but still I think most don't give Taylor the due and praise for his work .Just think about it what guitar god out there ever put together two brilliant timeless outro solos on one record like Taylor did on Sticky. Let me correct myself how about 3 you have to add CYHMK and its all on one record now that is classic,classic,classic and should be talked about more and studied.

Every time I listen to Dead Flowers I have this image in my head that Taylor is giving us all a lesson in guitar for all of us to take time and notice of proper timing, technique, finger placement and bends its like you can watch him play along in amazement in your head.

Anyone ever wonder what if Taylor's solos on Heartbreaker and If You Really Want To Be my Friend were longer and extended in the studio. First of all these short solos on GHS and IORR respectively are dynamite and you truly want to hear more after the listen. On Coming Down Again what if Taylor had a solo in the place of the sax solo wow just think you get a Taylor solo after one of Keith's greatest vocals on record.

The stones started in 63 formed with the idea and creation of Brian Jones to pay homage to the blues and that's what they did, doing blues covers to start off. Then the Beatles came on board and Andrew Oldham saw the great need for the boys to start writing their own material and one of the greatest song writing duos was formed jagger/richards and they began writing pop/rock material the counter punch to the Beatles. Hendrix came to England and the boys saw the need to change the pace a bit and started to write darker songs like JJF and Keith's anthem Gimme Shelter that ended the 60's and took the band and the nation into the 70's.Beggars and LIB proved that they could write quality material and Keith greatly matured as a guitar god with his use of open tunings thanks to Ry Cooder and his introduction into country thanks to Gram Parsons and Keith developed his unique style on acoustic. Taylor joined the band for Sticky and his guitar greatly changed the sound of the stones from the pop/rock to a more dirtier bluesy sound that took the stones to another level. Keith's idea of how the stones should sound started with Brian Jones no real distinction between the two guitars both players switching from rhythm to lead without any real impact one could hear on the records.But with Taylor in the lineup maybe Keith did not realize what a soloist like Taylor could add to the changing sound of the stones which happened during the Taylor era. They went from pop/rock to more of bluesy dirtier sound immediately and Taylor live brought life into the older material like Satisfaction and all the rest. Just watch the video Gimme Shelter and listen how great satisfaction sounds. Then the band put out the first classic GRUNGE record with Exile again Taylor helped greatly with his guitar and Keith's guitar settled in the background throughout the record.Then the stones put out GHS a fantastic creative record there ALTERNATIVE record with different kinds of music and IMO Jagger's has his finest vocals on any stones record.This record has a great loose feel and lets you escape within the music and no surprise its Taylor's guitar that again dominates the changing sound of the stones.The jagger/Taylor collaboration is clearly evident throughout the record and they both help each other for example. On Winter,Taylor gets Jagger to sing just listen to jagger;s opening vocals getting his notes down within the opening chord progression. When has agger every sang so soft and beautifully within the framework of the song. This is clearly evident to the listening ear. Then I think Jagger sends Taylor off into his brilliant tonal heavenly solo when Jagger sings 'wrap this coat around woman' you get the feeling that Taylor is trying to play the lyrics jagger is singing. So here we have two players feeding off each other. Then on Hide Your Love they jam together and you hear jagger say allright boy to Taylor that sends Taylor off one his brilliant solo. Taylor's impact in the studio on songs like I don't know the reason why, Travelin Man, Jivin Sister Fanny, Sway, CYHMK, Dead Flowers,Moonlight,Winter,TWFNO,100 Years Ago, Hide Your Love, All Down The Line, Shine A Light, the list goes on and on these songs his impact on the stones sound is paramount and timeless.

Taylor does it better than any guitar player playing in major scales and always playing some dynamic pattern up and down the fretboard.I can only think of one other player but I am sure there are others that have used major scales with asending patterns.The player I am thinking of is Dicky Betts who has used major scales in such a dynamic and dominant way throughout his career.Playing in major offers the player alot more to explore and create his solo piece.

I do not think Taylor made Keith a better player but I do think Taylor made Keith aware of how a soloist could fit into the band and contribute to the changing sound of the stones with Taylor in the band. Keith greatly matured as a guitar player with the making of Beggars and LIB and developed his own unique style that defined the sound of the stones. With Jagger I think Taylor had the greatest influence that made him a better vocalist .Jagger's vocals were limited and he developed a style that sang around the notes most of the time. But with Taylor in the band I think on songs like Winter, Moonlight, TWFNO, Hide Your Love etc Jagger came the closest to singing the melody that Taylor was playing. They collaborated and wrote some brilliant music whereas with Keith it was more okay I will come up with a riff in the studio and you come up with the melody it was that kind of relationship. I would of thought that MJ would bury the hatchet by know and collaborate with Taylor on some solo project. MJ knows and has said in interviews that Taylor helped him grow as a vocalist.

Taylor the gifted soloist and Phoebe Snow the gifted vocalist with the alto voice and the way she phrases and has control over her voice is clearly evident as Taylor plays on her 1989 record 'Something Real' on the song 'Stay Away' Taylor opens the song with his glistening guitar which sets up the mood of the song against Phoebe Snow's fiery voice with the song building up to Taylor's soaring solo at 2.20 mark. Snow's fiery voice builds the foundation for Taylor to solo and explore where Snow is singing a true wonderland for the brilliant vocalist and Taylor the soloist. Taylor guesting on her record his truly a great move and only wished he played on more of the record. Taylor's interpretation of Snow's distinctive sound sort of reminds you of how Taylor's solo career has evolved not with many records released but the quality of the two records released and defining his own distinctive sound. For all you Taylor fans I would highly recommend you get this record even though Taylor only plays on 3 songs (IM Yours, Cardiac Arrest and Stay Away) this is music that simply should be heard and appreciated.

I have collected many of the Taylor boots with him billed as The Mick Taylor Band and always enjoy Taylor as a vocalist and rather listen to him sing then the people who have came on stage and sang a few blues tunes. I don't know the names of these guest vocalists but have always wondered how great it would be if
Taylor got some great First Class Blues Singer to back up his band. My thinking is you have the best guitar player why not have a great vocalist from time to time to sing Mick Taylor tunes. The guy who sang CYHMK at the
Lone Star Cafe in NY with Taylor and Keith I thought his vocals were weak

Anyone out there think Keith was scared of what Taylor was doing in the IORR sessions. I mean Keith was not showing up in the studio on a regular basis and Taylor was there with MJ to help complete the record. I think that really forced the issue and Taylor's desire to quit the band more then the Jack Bruce deal. I mean if Taylor was given the song credit on that record I don't think he would of left the stones at that time. Again playing in a rock progressive situation would of been limited to some degree as far as Taylor's solo parts live with Jack Bruce. The key hear is not playing the different music but would of Jack Bruce and Taylor write new music where both would of got song writing credits. I think that was what Taylor was after the control over the music in the studio and again this would be easier as a solo artist vs. in a band situation. Again joining Jack Bruce really did not get Taylor where he wanted to go get control over the music.

I was thinking Taylor never really played side by side in a band situation with another great soloist or a rhythm player that could play melodic like Taylor. I understand that's why the duo of Taylor and Richards were so great each played there guitar parts and its awesome to pick out the different guitar parts especially on the live boots. The other day I listened to the boot from 1972 Plane Sex on the way to Pittsburgh and Keith's guitar is turned way up on Bitch and its awesome to hear his guitar parts against Taylor's chunky rhythm. Its a great version with Richards out front this time. It would of been interesting if Taylor at some point in his career play with another soloist just to see what music they could create. One stones song I wish Taylor played on was Beast Of Burden, and we all know the weavers did a great job with the feel of the song and doing a Curtis Mayfield groove but it would of been fantastic to see how Taylor would of added to the song. There are so many songs after Taylor that cry out for that vibrato as a change of pace from the weaver boys. We can all write what If's after Taylor but when you sit down and listen to those richards/jagger songs which many were good imagine if Taylor added his guitar. After Taylor the boys wrote good songs but not great records.

I was reading the book Journey with the rolling stones about the 72 tour and it was interesting that each member of the band made about $250,000 for the 72 tour.So from that standpoint all band mates were treated equally and fairly and all traveled first class but the real difference was in the studio and the song writing and locking out Taylor and Wyman.

Do you really think Taylor just laid down his guitar on TWFNO and walked out as the rumor goes all these years. My take since there was only one take and no OUTTAKES and since there is no break in the playing not sure if that could of happened. Yeah Keith for the IORR sessions in Germany wiped out Taylor's bass parts but I guess that's what always goes on with every band the greed and jealous of being a musician. That TWFNO lead is real intense and somewhat haunting. The winter solo is tonal heaven.

Winter is always playing in my head its sort of like TWFNO its stays with you FOREVER always there to recapture. I was thinking Taylor was a genius in the studio when he made his first solo record 1979.The way he laid down the piano, syntheseizer, on Spanish against the fine texture of his guitar. Sort of reminds me of what Peter Townsend did in the studio another genius. Also cant forget what Keith did on Beggars and Let It Bleed.

If Taylor was bored playing stones songs live and that was one reason to join with Jack Bruce then I would have to say playing 12 bar blues with Mayall could of been boring at times, waiting for your part and staying within the framework of the band. How can a soloist stay fresh and have freedom in a band situation. His freedom would always be limited because of the fact that you are in a BAND. I would think that Taylor had more freedom with the stones live then he had with Mayall just the fact that his playing took the stones to higher grounds. In the studio with the stones Taylor was exposed to all kinds of music and must of been an exciting time during his stay with the stones. Really IMO the only way Taylor was to explore new music which history tells us the last 27 years was to put out his own music as a soloist. He choose not to get in another band where most likely he would of been limited somewhat to what he wanted to do. He really has not yet achieved that progressive rock thing he wanted to do with Jack Bruce with just 1979 in his body of work. Sadly I think Taylor would of better off been in a band after he left the stones where he had songwriting duties which could of kept him motivated musically and financially. A soloist always has to have a band in place to perform live so why not have a real band situation as part of the whole Mick Taylor experience. Yes I know he plays with Max Middleton and some other same players at times but that seems to be on again off again and on the fly with no REAL Direction. Its just not the same as a Band Band situation. I think Taylor would of fit in great with the whole Southern Rock experience like with the Allmans and some other bands.

When you buy GS DVD it comes with a pullout and some brief articles about the stones during that time period. One writer said - That it was Taylor's request that the band play for the first time live brown sugar at Altamont. I thought that was unusual that Taylor was so out front and made such a request at that time.

Taylor has been with two bands his entire career the stones and with John Mayall. Many blast the glimmer boys for there treatment of Taylor with the song writing and not giving him his due .I was wondering how has Mayall helped Taylor over the years can't he use his influence some how and help out Taylor to introduce him to the right people in the industry. I know Taylor dislikes this side of the business but it makes common sense to maintain a close network of contacts for possible work in the future.

point counter point - IMO it does not matter how often a musician in this case Keith plays a riff or chord progression before he gets it down the way he hears it and gets that sound he wants on record. From 1962 to the late 60's it all happened in the studio to create new stuff the live shows where all about screaming girls and you could not hear the musicians. What Keith did in the studio was unique taking open tunings and playing them on electric sure he copied from his teachers but he developed his own style and sound and that's what all good musicians can do create new ways to explore music. Sure Taylor brought the shows to a higher level with the live arena shows that started the 70's and IMO the stones would of not achieved that greatness without Taylor's soaring solos when the live shows became important and playing back what you did in the studio now live became number 1.What Keith did in the studio and Taylor did live is timeless. I do not think what Keith did in the studio should take a back seat to what Taylor did live its all about the band and they truly were one of the best guitar duos in the studio and live.

MT said in that 1999 interview that they had alot of material left over from the A Stones Throw sessions. Why not put this stuff out if he chooses not to write any new current material. Yeah we have all these boots to listen from his current shows but it would be nice to hear anything new and see what direction he is going musically these days. Yes he does not have a record label but if he had lets say a small recording studio or the necessary equipment he could put out a new record and continue to do it his way which has been his track record without help from the record industry he chooses to stay away from and ask for some help in some way. Many artists today have no record label but still manage put put new material. I love the singer songwriter like Dylan and all the rest and I would hope that a soloist an artist like MT could sit down and write new material. I mean Taylor has the MUSIC inside to explore all he needs is to put down some lyrics and for once start to write songs. Is a soloist remembered for his last note or solo or for the songs he composes and writes I would guess its the body of work over his career that would be remembered and left for generations to enjoy. Are the music historians in the future going to take the time and listen and find Taylor's masterpiece '1979' and 'A Stones Throw' it would be easier if his body of work grows in the future.

Taylor brought the stones to a higher level musically and in the end it should be all about the music and all the effort that mj did and still does keeping the rolling stones money machine out front does not matter. But sadly you have to have personalities like mj and kr to have a successful band that takes care of both sides the business side and maintains that energy level to keep the band going and continue to write songs. If Taylor was never comfortable with the business side of things then how was he ever going to gain mainstream appeal as a soloist once he left the stones. The argument that Taylor made the stones famous IMO is not correct, they were famous already when he joined the band. Sadly, Taylor will never gain the mainstream appeal he deserves because he chooses not to play the game within the record industry and does not have that drive to take control over is career as a solo artist. Taylor's music is for the masses only if he chooses to take that step. I have been following MT closely the last three years and frustrated like others of his lack of new material A soloist should have that creative spirit to continue to create and explore music to new heights. I wish the best for Taylor

Re: Thoughts About Mick Taylor and the Stones
Date: January 14, 2005 14:02

Taylor on Fingerprint File?

Date: January 14, 2005 14:15

he plays bass keith plays wah wah

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 14, 2005 18:01

The story of the young guitarist who whithout even the time of realising what was happening jumped from JM's blues band into the shoes of BJ as lead guitar of one of the most popular acts in the world, and that after 4 years of great music and sell out tours (and with the possibility of earning amounts he could only dream of if he had remained with JM) decides to quit only because he did not receive credits for his musical contribution is absolutely unbelievable.

CW's drumming is a distinctive part of almost every single piece of music that the stones put out. I think he should have even more reasons to protest.

I believe that the truth is simply that is almost impossible to work with junkies / coke addicts etc. And it is absolutely impossible if you are a junkie / coke addict yourserf.

C

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: January 14, 2005 19:22

Wow, Alan, the drugs must be good at work today!

How about dividing it into Chapters and Verses and calling it a Gospel!

Oh, and throw in a few Parables while you're at it.

And on a more serious note...(not vibrato)......

isn't it sad/ironic that on joining the Bruce band he appeared to have even less freedom. From the few recordings I've heard you hardly notice the Maestro.

Was Bruce a much more of a difficult proposition than KR and MJ. I suspect so. His bands don't last too long.

(Love his playing though - and vocals).

Oh, and you missed the Passage in your Stones/Taylor Saga, in 1977, when they all meet up (happily ever after) on the John Phillips sessions. Or is that due in the next installment of this nevere ending theme?

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 14, 2005 21:22

Liddas - Taylor has said that the writing credits were "part of" his problem,
the "main" decider was that Taylor didn't think Keith could last much longer
back then with his drug consumpion, and there would be no Stones without
Keith, Taylor's mistake as Keith has a cast-iron metabolism!!!

Deidre - Actually Taylor "LOVED" playing in the Jack Bruce Band!! he has made
the statement that he was so bored at the end of his Stones days, seems like
forever on stage where he would actually be playing longer sets with J. Bruce
and the time flew by... His leads on the song: Smiles & Grins, on the BBC show,
Old Grey Whistle Test are one of my favorite Taylor moments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't know if you have heard/seen the end of that song but Taylor's leads are
magnificent!! IMO - MLC

Date: January 14, 2005 22:25

Actually saw the show when it first came out but not since. Looking forward to it some day.

Date: January 14, 2005 23:26

D. - it's available.... thru boot-leggers... one of my prized possessions...

MLC

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 14, 2005 23:46

I think the posting was most excellent, thank you! You opened up some good paths of thinking. The real fun thing is that I am listening to GHS when I saw your post. How appropriate. Saw Taylor twice in december with the excellent Wentus Blues Band. And one ting is for sure, the man still got his chops together.

"Lazy bones, ainĀ“t got no time to waste away"

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 14, 2005 23:47

Forgot: Anyone has recordings of Taylors latest adventures in Sweden?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ponymusic ()
Date: January 15, 2005 07:19

Hi Alan,

Step Across The Mountain... since you mentioned Mick's collaboration with Pheobe Snow in your post I would be curious to hear your observation/insite on his collaboration with what is one of my favourites (and I believe one of your's)... Joe Henry's Murder Of Crows. Of course then there are all those other great ones (not all official), Carla Olsen, Jim Lacey-Baker, Jimmy Woods, Bob Dylan etc. It really is a long list, isn't it?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: January 15, 2005 11:20

I love Mick Taylor and can't get enough of him. He did leave an enormous hole that has never been filled when he left.
I met him recently while on tour and mentioned that to him but he didn't respond.
Whatever Mick's reasons for leaving the Stones i get the feeling he would rather move on and get on with the rest of his life.

Date: January 15, 2005 14:36

Edward,

He did that 30 odd years ago.

It's the Stones who havn't moved on!

MCDDTLC,

Yup, I'm in no great hurry. But thanks, now I believe it will be worth it.

Yours consonantly,

D.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 15, 2005 22:20

A superb posting, drawing together a great many of the issues from the past few weeks regarding MT and his role both outside and within the Stones. It is unfortunate that so many on this site simply choose to view such postings as a Wood v Taylor match. It isn't and never should be.

Many thanks. A credit to IORR.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 16, 2005 01:44

Diedre, both MT and the Stones have moved on! It is a handful of fans that cannot!

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: January 16, 2005 02:00

nice post,thanks

john scialfa

Date: January 16, 2005 02:46

Kahoosier,

I know what you mean BUT>>>>>>

you shouldn't/needn't interpret the eulogising of Taylor fans (such as myself)
for their wishing him back. I don't really. An occasional re-union might be a gas. (And we (in Europe, at least) can get a live Taylor fix far more readily than a RS one).

I just wish Ronnie were more 'on song'.....and it's because he's not that Taylor's absence (which makes the heart grow fonder) is more apparent.

Yes, the Taylor years are in the past. But soon all this will be in the past. And, when the whip comes down, I think most of objective posterity will prefer the Mach 2 version of Stones' live history.

But there you go. Ya hdee dah. Good health to you.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 16, 2005 03:58

Taylor wont come back because it would be just like shagging an old girl freind ....The magic times are well and truely long gone.

ROCKMAN

Date: January 16, 2005 15:04

I wouldn't mind shagging some of my old girlfriends again.

Date: January 16, 2005 20:36

Yeah I wouldn't mind shagging some of your old girlfreinds too..!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 16, 2005 21:04

Boys, really!

Your old girlfriends have moved on!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 16, 2005 21:35

y'know, we really need to forget about this mick taylor thing and concentrate on the legacy of the truly greatest rolling stone......tony chapman! why don't we ever discuss his contributions to the band? what aboutall the greatdrum solos he brought to the mix??....and his lasting effects on the stones after all these years??? its unfair to focus so much on a guy thats been gone for so long, i agree, but you must admit...charlie watts is NO tony chapman!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: January 16, 2005 21:55

Rockman, I'll fix you up.

How about some of your cast offs?

Date: January 16, 2005 22:05

OK Logie...most of them have turned leso but I'll ask for ya.

ROCKMAN

Date: January 17, 2005 14:26

Yes Taylor's work on murders crow with Joe Henry is fantastic with all his
glistening solos and step accross the mountain is great.BTW Chuck Leavel
plays on that record to.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: January 17, 2005 14:29

OpenG:

After reading your initial post praising Taylor's work (which I really enjoyed), one thing comes to my mind: shouldn't you change your nickname from "OpenG" to "StandardTuning"?? winking smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: January 17, 2005 15:00

yeah but i get bored playing in standard tunings sometimes and keith got
me hooked on those seductive tunings

Date: January 17, 2005 15:29

Oh those solacious, seductive, Open tunings.

Date: January 17, 2005 18:25

Rockman - "Bands" get back together all the time!!!

Cream is getting back together, Motley Crew just re-formed, Black Sabbath,
Van Halen brought back David Lee Roth for a few weeks until that @#$%&
couldn't control himself and the Van Halen Bros. kicked him out again, etc.
So who's to say that somehow, someway Keith or Jagger might get a bug up their
Ass to perform some old tunes with Taylor, all we're asking for is (1) night
and to record it!!! If Ronnie was to say: @#$%& You Keith , I'm tired of all
your digs and I'm going back with Rod Stewart, who knows what might happen??

MLC

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: January 17, 2005 18:57

Bill Wyman has a better chance of coming back than Mick Taylor. Think about it, Bill is one of the original Stones. He was there in the early days, and like the rest of them (Jagger, Richards and Watts)he did play with Brian.

No, I don't think Bill would be invited back, but he has a far better chance than Mick Taylor. Remember, Mr Wood worked on salary because he didn't think the Stones would last another 5 years. Now, in 2005, 30 years later, Ronnie is a full time Rolling Stone (more a vetran than Mick Taylor) and no longer on salary.

As for the other bands mentioned above, Tommy Lee hasn't exactly been selling out the likes of Dodger Stadium. Neither has Vince Neil. Van Halen with David Lee Roth back on vocals was a huge mistake. David got to egotistical, he thought he was bigger than the band. Black Sabbath, Ozzie is paying for his drug use. Hell, listen to him talk, he's so incoherent.

A Cream reunion has a better chance of doing a larger gross at the box office.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home