Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

chet flippo
Posted by: tomcat ()
Date: January 19, 2005 01:16

Last year a friend of mine who is in his late 50's showed me his collection of Rolling Stone magazines dating back to 1967. He has almost every copt of the magazine albeit some are in less than perfect condition. He donated them to our local museum and they did an exposition along with photos from Eric Hayes who was a photographer at The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus. I had a chance to help categorize the magazines for the expo and was amazed at the articles of the Stones particularly written by Chet Flippo. His article re: the 1975 L.A. Forum gigs was fantasic. I was wondering if these articles are available free online?

Re: chet flippo
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2005 02:11

try and track down Flippo's great book "Is only rock n roll - my on the road adventures with the rolling stones" (originally published as "on the road with the rolling stones : 20 years of Lipstick, handcuffs and chemicals", which covers the 1975 - 79 in considerable detail and much of which is from those Rolling Stone pieces.

Its one of the best books on the Stones out there.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 19, 2005 20:05

I agree with you Gazza, - also they (Mick included)were still doing drugs with/in front of journalists during the period covered - & it has the best coverage ove the 1975 - 1980 period I've seen in a single book - including the appendix w/ everything the mounties confiscated from Keith & Anita during the '77 busts.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 19, 2005 20:55

yup,
Great book. A little self serving but gives a good look at the Stones on the road

Keith of course is completely straight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home