Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

To Potted Shrimp
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 13, 2005 21:50

Marc, did you listen to your Detroit tape again? Is it the Detroit Rock City tape, or maybe something new?

Mathijs

Re: To Potted Shrimp
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 13, 2005 22:12

I had a second listen. The first part (1 hour, 22 minutes) is Detroit Rock City Mono Soundboard (same music as my old audience tape). Jagger makes two references to Detriot, so that's certain. The rest is probably from one of the L.A. Forum shows (as you mentioned) but I have to check that to be certain. There was a black percussionist as a special guest at this show (not O. Brown, and I don't hear him very often tho) Also the Stones made a complete soundboard recording. So If the Stones camp is responsable for the release of this tape: why not the complete recording? The guy who gave me this recording said he couldn't make out the complete words on the disc, so that's how this mistake started. So most probably nothing new....

Date: January 13, 2005 22:22

Or the rest could also be from a new York show, because the L.A. shows do not match up (one to go, but that ones unlikely). If it's also not New York (from the well know earlier mixed cd's) I'll let you know, because then it must be something new with Symapthy for the devil as an extra from another show.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: January 13, 2005 22:56

It's easy to verify: if the source is different after Midnight Rambler then this 'new' release has only the well known 17 Detroit track added with well know LA and/or NY material.

Would be really surprising if the always missing Detroit songs (MR, RTJ and JJF) would be on this release....

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: January 13, 2005 23:14

Is Stones In my Shoe is the same (mono sound board or 8/10) as this release?

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: January 13, 2005 23:20

The 17 Detroit tracks are indeed on this release: [home.wanadoo.nl]
But as Mathijs already mentioned, there are more releaes with the Detroit tracks but as far as I know there was never a complete one.

Hendrik

Date: January 13, 2005 23:45

No there was never a complete one. That's why I was surprised! So still not a complete version..........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home