Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Back to Keith's Frog Hollow -*updated with story
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 22, 2009 22:06

The house where Keith lived - 1977-1979 - remember those shots of Keith and Marlon on the tire swing? Right here n the front yard - see that glassed in area to the right? We peeked in there - spring 1978 - crazed high schoolers - photos were hanging on a clothesline -- all of Jagger messing around in the front yard with Anita and Marlon

The place where Anita got booked after the Scott Cantrell shooting

The Frog Hollow sign is still there

Ken Regan pictures taken in the front yard and den:

Site of the infamous new year's eve '77-'78 keith richards yogurt incident smiling smiley (empty space on the right is where he parked his red e-type)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-23 05:47 by hbwriter.

Re: Back to Keith's Frog Hollow
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 22, 2009 23:20

That's a lovely house!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:23

"Site of the infamous new year's eve '77-'78 keith richards yogurt incident"

Pray tell, HB Writer!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:29

WOW!!! That Lewisboro cop-shop is the homeliest I've ever seen....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 23, 2009 05:40

people--we're all at a friend's house for their family's annual new year's eve bash

after midnight, beer is low - kegs are running dry - several of us make a run to the 7-11 on route 100 in somers.

amazingly, there is beer there at about 2am... so we're gathering it up..

an etype jag pulls into that space - the only other car in the lot is ours

it is about 2 degrees out - we basically ignore the scarecrow guy in the bulky fur coat, with little blonde kid and large black associate who have emerged from the car. But we do notice they are gathering up every cup of Dannon yogurt in the case to a point where "red," the goofy red-haired & freckly face guy there (we called him Red) gets them cardboard boxes to haul it all away. They're no more than an arm's length away from us at the case. But who's paying attention. It's late, we've had a few, etc...

As the scarecrow is soon at the counter paying with a check, Red is eyeing me like something is up--i think he's being robbed by this odd trio.

At the beer refrig, I nudge my two friends--we all watch--the trio leaves-tragedy averted. Then Red calls us over quickly as the etype revs up in the cold outside. The check is signed by Keith Richards and we see him pull away outside, with Marlon and the bodyguard.

For years, the check was under the front counter glass whenever Red was working - something like 46 cups of yogurt.

When he lived in South Salem, Keith was spotted once in awhile- but on this night we had him to ourselves and did not even know it.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 23, 2009 06:02

Nice 7-11 story hbwriter. Check out this link:

[www.northsalemrealestate.com]

BTW what street is the house on? My sister lives (29 years now) on West Lane - I believe a few miles away. I remember my sister telling me back in the early 80's that she had a interior decorator at her house and this same decorator had done some work for Keith and Anita a few years earlier. I think she told my sister that the house was not in the best shape or just kept unsightly!

Re: Back to Keith's Frog Hollow -*updated with story
Date: July 23, 2009 06:37

2000--thanks for that link!

it's on boway, which is off rte. 35

Date: July 23, 2009 10:07

Very cool...don't think I've ever seen photos of the house.
So many fun stories - like that recent Boston '75 chauffeur thread - never a dull moment!

Date: July 23, 2009 11:59

The house has been sold, so clearly its value was not diminished due to having been tainted by the suicide of Scott Cantrell .

Date: July 23, 2009 16:23

Bliss--few up there recall the incident--it's all yuppies now with little frame of reference smiling smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 23, 2009 16:35

Cool story, thanks.
but what does it say in the pic of the 7/11?

ARTILLERY SLURPEE ?eye popping smiley confused smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:51

I may be dense, but what would Keith need with 46 cups of yogurt ?

Date: July 24, 2009 09:32

Edith--we could never figure that out--it was the strangest thing--and they literally bought every cup in the case

i was more fixed on the fact that the young kid was out in the bitter cold in the middle of the night, but hey, no doubt he lived on keith's schedule

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: July 25, 2009 00:51

joeevajagger
Good example of what an idiot Keith is

I see you've been a registered user for a full hour now. ALL seven of your posts are ever so clever! Thank God summer break is almost over and you'll be back middle school soon!

Date: July 25, 2009 16:09

indy--thanks for covering that smiling smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 24, 2011 23:09

My theory is, and it is only a theory, that the yoghurts were for a bath!

Date: January 25, 2011 11:41

One thing I don't get; Anita looks healthy and relatively normal in the pic above, but in the pics after the shooting she looks deranged and MUCH heavier. How do you gain 30 kg in a few short months?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 25, 2011 11:57

Bliss
How do you gain 30 kg in a few short months?

Eating lots of yoghurt

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2011 15:01

....dunno but Mr De Niro gained about the same weight for Raging Bull .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 25, 2011 16:02

Bliss
One thing I don't get; Anita looks healthy and relatively normal in the pic above, but in the pics after the shooting she looks deranged and MUCH heavier. How do you gain 30 kg in a few short months?

what pics "after the shooting" are you referring to? Do you have a link with some before/after pics?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 25, 2011 16:15

Why did Keith need a bodyguard if he had 'the blade'?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: January 25, 2011 16:27

I asked a friend of mine who worked with drug addicts, recovering etc. about the yogurt. He said that (I have no way to confirm)it has something to do when some is trying to detox or come off of herion. I think he said it helps w sickness and to keep some easily digested food in the stomach. He didn't know I was asking about Keith when We spoke a little while after this thread was started. Can this incident be correlated/dated with any of Keith's "detoxing" incidents in his book? Who know?!?!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: February 1, 2011 23:00

She gained weight because she began drinking and taking methadone. On top of that, she fell and broke her hip one night when she was drunk. She was very heavy at the end of the 70's and beginning of the 80's.

Bliss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home