Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phish Loving Cup
Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: July 14, 2009 07:26

Not sure how widespread Phish's acclaim has become for you guys, but they're 2009 comeback is recementing them as one of the greatest live acts in history.

Thoughts on their take on Loving Cup?(theyve been playing it a lot recently.. as well as for many years in the past)

Re: Phish Loving Cup
Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: July 14, 2009 08:30

@#$%& great! wish the stones would put chuck on a real piano again and slow the tempo down on this song (and many others)

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:28

Yeah, that was very good. Excellent piano playing and good tempo; both better than the Stones' current live versions. But I miss Jagger's singing and I prefer a more funky country-tinged lead guitar.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 14, 2009 13:54

Nice version. Is that the dude from Marillion?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 14, 2009 15:57

Never been a fan (of their songs that is, their musicianship is excellent). But credit where credit's due - this is a nice version.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 14, 2009 16:27

I saw them play at Sugarbush in Vermont in 1994 and they broke out a killer version of Loving Cup, I couldn't believe what I was hearing since at the time not even the Stones played this song live.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 14, 2009 17:44

I don't know their music either, but I do think this is very good.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 14, 2009 18:06

Pure shit. I can't stand Phish and this is terrible - Trey Assnatio shouldn't sing. They shouldn't be touching a Rolling Stones song.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home