Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please sign petition to enter Willy DeVille in R&R Hall of Fame
Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: July 6, 2009 21:13

Willy DeVille is dying of pancreatic cancer. Fans have started on online petition to enter him in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. You can sign the petition here:

[www.petitiononline.com]

An anecdote about Mick Jagger and DeVille from the liner notes to "Cadillac Walk: The Mink DeVille Collection." Ben Edmonds relates how Mick Jagger dropped by the Hollywood recording studio where Jack Nitzsche was producing "Cabretta," the first Mink DeVille album:

Jack had assisted on several Stones sessions, and it was his collaboration with Jagger on "Memo from Turner" that had me connect him with Mink DeVille in the first place. Jack put on a reel to show off his present work. Jagger listened to a couple of songs with polite disinterest, nodding approvingly to "Cadillac Walk." But when "Mixed Up, Shook Up Girl" came rolling out of the playback monitors, Jagger was immediately out of his seat and moving to its bittersweet mid-tempo rhythms. He danced with a grace one seldom sees in his herky-jerk stage performances, enveloped in the music and oblivious to the rest of us in the room. It couldn't have been more perfect if I'd dreamed it.

Re: Please sign petition to enter Willy DeVille in R&R Hall of Fame
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 6, 2009 21:18

only 410 total signatures
;((

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 6, 2009 21:56

Pietro,

have a look here

[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 6, 2009 21:56

Sorry to say it, but there are a lot of other artists who deserve to be inducted before Willy DeVille... I doubt this petition will go anywhere.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 6, 2009 22:35

He´s one of the greatest singers of our time! Give him some respect please! Cancer...I´m so sorry...
Björn

Date: July 7, 2009 20:52

@#$%&
Sorry to say it, but there are a lot of other artists who deserve to be inducted before Willy DeVille... I doubt this petition will go anywhere.

Shit, Jackson Browne is the R&R Hall of Fame. So I guess you do have a point -- you don't get put in the R&R Hall of Fame on merit.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 7, 2009 21:16

@#$%&

Leon Russell still isn't in the Hall of Fame. Here's his petition:

[www.petitiononline.com]

Date: October 27, 2009 02:10

BUMP!

Date: October 27, 2009 02:26

Signed for sure

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: October 27, 2009 12:47

Done!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home