Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Altamont Soundboard
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 9, 2009 07:11

stonesmusicfan
Could the Maysles have a complete taping of this show ?

of course they do, but they are not allowed to just release it as they see fit, they have to go through the red tape, plus its probably not even something they think about like we do

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 10, 2009 00:09

alimente
Mathijs
There's a whole story behind that and I will not go into details. But as we are all aware: these labels never closed down of course.
Mathijs

You're rewriting history, Mathijs! I know these people quite well. Flashback carried on for a while, but after he was imprisoned in the States (the Disneyland bust, of all places!) he called it quits. TSP stopped in time. I was there when TSP cleared their stocks, feeding my collection (and those of a couple of collector friends) with lotsa goodies for a clearance discount!

I do not think we should discuss this all here to be honest.

Mathijs

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 10, 2009 09:59

Mathijs
alimente
Mathijs
There's a whole story behind that and I will not go into details. But as we are all aware: these labels never closed down of course.
Mathijs

You're rewriting history, Mathijs! I know these people quite well. Flashback carried on for a while, but after he was imprisoned in the States (the Disneyland bust, of all places!) he called it quits. TSP stopped in time. I was there when TSP cleared their stocks, feeding my collection (and those of a couple of collector friends) with lotsa goodies for a clearance discount!

I do not think we should discuss this all here to be honest.

Mathijs

Well, in case it really would be still a legal business in Luxembourg, theres nothing to hide. But it isnt. Bootleggers tell all kind of stories, but the legal situation in all EU countries is perfectly clear, there are no loopholes or protection gaps anymore, not even for older recordings, and in particular not for recent live shows! Its 50 years EU-wide, and that outrules any circulating Stones or Beatles stuff. And Ive read recently that the EU talks about increasing this to 75 years, just google around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 10:05 by alimente.

Posted by: HeatherAnnePeel ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:47

I have the famous audience recording of the show, which is great as a historical document, but the sound quality is pretty dismal. I would love to hear the soundboard, and even better have it, as I think the Rolling Stones '69 tour was Rock's greatest tour, ever. I have many boots (LP and CD), including the following from '69:

LA, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, New York, Miami, Altamont.

The Altamont concert was amazing from a musical standpoint. It was, without a doubt, the most visceral music the Stones ever made, like Robert Johnson's recordings - it was that intense. Anyway, I hope to hear and acqure the soundboard of the Altamont set someday. It appears that the snippets referenced at the beginning of this thread are no longer available?

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 12, 2010 21:38

HeatherAnnePeel
Anyway, I hope to hear and acqure the soundboard of the Altamont set someday. It appears that the snippets referenced at the beginning of this thread are no longer available?

Yeah, anyone want to post these, and any others that may be available? It would be much appreciated.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 12, 2010 21:47

see hot stuff merge altamont

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 00:23

HeatherAnnePeel
I have the famous audience recording of the show, which is great as a historical document, but the sound quality is pretty dismal. I would love to hear the soundboard, and even better have it, as I think the Rolling Stones '69 tour was Rock's greatest tour, ever. I have many boots (LP and CD), including the following from '69:

LA, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, New York, Miami, Altamont.

The Altamont concert was amazing from a musical standpoint. It was, without a doubt, the most visceral music the Stones ever made, like Robert Johnson's recordings - it was that intense. Anyway, I hope to hear and acqure the soundboard of the Altamont set someday. It appears that the snippets referenced at the beginning of this thread are no longer available?

i totally agree with that and the 69 tour,and the yayas box set was worth the price, would pay a lot more for the rest.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 13, 2010 00:34

According to this article the show was recorded and the sound engineer still has the SB tapes

"We sort of felt like we got taken," says Alamo resident Bob Matthews, a recording engineer on several Dead albums who rolled tape at Altamont.

According to Matthews, who recorded the performance and still holds the tapes, the band delivered an inspired second set that closed with "Street Fighting Man," a song that might have rung the closing bell on the Woodstock era.

So looks like there is at least one SB copy of the show out there

[www.insidebayarea.com]

Also here is an interesting article on the making of the film "Gimme Shelter".

[www.salon.com]

One of the Film Directors, Charlotte Zwerin, mentions getting an uncut copy of
the complete performance to review:

"The performance of 'Gimme Shelter' was one of the most powerful things I'd ever
heard. At one point the Maysles sent me tapes of the entire Stones performance
uncut; it's out of a horror movie."

So the more I read the more I am convinced Albert still has a bunch of
incredible 69 tour audio/video in the vaults........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-13 00:35 by oldschool.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 13, 2010 00:39

I always loved the version of Gimme Shelter that closes the film. It is apocalyptic. Wish they would release it.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 00:54

71Tele
I always loved the version of Gimme Shelter that closes the film. It is apocalyptic. Wish they would release it.

it is a great version but misses the intro and most of keiths solo..

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 13, 2010 02:33

straycatblues73
71Tele

it is a great version but misses the intro and most of keiths solo..

On the "Shot Of Salvation" boot CD it is complete - GREAT soundboard quality.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:30

I so missed this post! Can somebody please post the intro again it doesn't seem to be on Chris M's site anymore.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 04:37

Hi All: On the second disc of DAC 198 - Olympic Studio Sessions track # 17 claims to be an unmixed Soundboard from Altamont. The 1st version of Brown Sugar(Altamont) can be found on Youtube...[youtu.be]

Can Someone please repost

Thanks,
Soulsurvivor

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2022 11:25

soulsurvivor1

Here you go :
[www29.zippyshare.com]

Date: July 6, 2022 16:31

What gets me about that show, is that beyond all the zillions of horror stories, the murder, The Angels, the bad organization, the end of the sixties - through it all, the Stones ended up playing a bad-ass set of rock'n roll. Way better than the famous Hyde Park, or Miami Festival.
Once they got to the second part of the set, they were cooking.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 8, 2022 17:47

dcba
soulsurvivor1

Here you go :
[www29.zippyshare.com]

When I go there I see a notice that I have requested a file, but there is no way to download it. Clicking on anything it takes me elsewhere. Can you please explain how to actually use this link?

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: July 9, 2022 13:40

blivet
dcba
soulsurvivor1

Here you go :
[www29.zippyshare.com]

When I go there I see a notice that I have requested a file, but there is no way to download it. Clicking on anything it takes me elsewhere. Can you please explain how to actually use this link?

I had the same problem. To get around it, once you open the zippy page, use your mouse to hover over the 'download' link, then right click on your mouse and selelct 'open link in new tab'. You will bypass all those ads and in the new tab, you'll be able to download properly. (I have a Microsoft O/S, don't know what instructions might be for an Apple, but instead of clicking on the 'download' button you need to open the link in another page.)

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 9, 2022 15:30

Palace Revolution 2000
What gets me about that show, is that beyond all the zillions of horror stories, the murder, The Angels, the bad organization, the end of the sixties - through it all, the Stones ended up playing a bad-ass set of rock'n roll. Way better than the famous Hyde Park, or Miami Festival.
Once they got to the second part of the set, they were cooking.

Spot on! unbelievably good. A bit slow in the beginning, but menacing. one of my favourite shows ever.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2022 16:15

Tension .... drags out the best in one .... ask LD she knows ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 9, 2022 16:51

thkbeercan
blivet
dcba
soulsurvivor1

Here you go :
[www29.zippyshare.com]

I had the same problem. To get around it, once you open the zippy page, use your mouse to hover over the 'download' link, then right click on your mouse and selelct 'open link in new tab'. You will bypass all those ads and in the new tab, you'll be able to download properly. (I have a Microsoft O/S, don't know what instructions might be for an Apple, but instead of clicking on the 'download' button you need to open the link in another page.)

Many thanks, that did it!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home