Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tuff year so far...
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 5, 2009 10:06

sonyzzz "a shot" sounds like a bad moon risin'..
Is it sumfin I aint understandin' here?
Ya mean like a vodka shot?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 5, 2009 18:50

Thanks Edith Grove for the invite to Dixie!! Anything is better than living in the Berkshires where there is NO INDUSTRY, no new businesses and the only thing we have is tourism and folks are not travelling as much these days. And No, his NUTS are MISSING IN ACTION, have been for a very long time!!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 6, 2009 03:00

ouch!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 6, 2009 03:15

Here's a good way to pick up a few extra bucks, and you might even get to kick someone in the nuts!

[www.southparkstudios.com]

M.I.A.
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 6, 2009 03:22

mickschix
And No, his NUTS are MISSING IN ACTION, have been for a very long time!!

Wow - Now that's tough stuff! when was his D-Day?

The male Regiment of IORR salute and would like to acknowledge his merit with a ...

Purple Heart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-06 16:21 by open-g.

Date: June 6, 2009 04:17

grinning smiley You guys are a riot! I love it! The Tooth Fairy cartoon was priceless. I'll be sure to give the boyfriend his Purple Heart, carefully attaching it to where his NUTS are SUPPOSED to BE!

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 6, 2009 18:15

The bad economy has reared it's ugly head at my house as well. A couple of months ago my boss had to cut my pay by 10 % also.It's a small company, only three of us including the boss. If not for our good loyal customers who are also cutting pay and laying people off we would really be in trouble. My wife just lost her job On Monday after 10 years and I have been with my company for 10 years. My boss say's we will have to look at the situation again in September. He is very good at dealing with economic downturns, we have been through them before but he say's that this one is a little more perplexing because it is so deep and far reaching. He doesn't see much improvement soon and he believes that it will last through next year. I am basically working 5 days per week and being paid for 4. One more pay cut and I will actually make more money sitting at home and drawing unemployment. Always look on the bright side though! That's more time to listen to the Stones.

Date: June 6, 2009 18:36

Well, I know all about your frustration EST 62 because my nightmare continues as we speak. I am laid off and have been faithfully making my EXPENSIVE Cobra payments for health insurance BUT the Cobra folks have not activated my card, claiming they'll get to it. In the meantime, I had to see an allergy doctor and of course when they submitted my card, coverage was denied. NICE! All I do is WAIT, for interviews, for activation, for some signs of life but there are none! the economy is DEAD!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 6, 2009 18:57

I work for GM, need I say more grinning smiley ?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 6, 2009 19:09

Hi mickschix - Sorry to hear of your situation. If you have not done so already, you may be able to apply to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). In some cases this program will pay 65% of your COBRA premium and is good for 9 months. I'm currently on it (got laid off in January), so its worth a try.

Good luck...

Date: June 7, 2009 04:20

I'm already doing that 2000, thanks for mentioning that though. Don't you find it still a lot to spend every month, being on unemployment? We all have other bills!! In Massachusetts we have an additional program called Medical Securities where 80% of Cobra is reimbursed....I am waiting to get $$ back but it takes 4-ever with the mounds of paperwork out there for us unemployed folks. I just want a JOB so this insurance nightmare will be over.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2009 05:18

mickschix
I'm already doing that 2000, thanks for mentioning that though. Don't you find it still a lot to spend every month, being on unemployment? We all have other bills!! In Massachusetts we have an additional program called Medical Securities where 80% of Cobra is reimbursed....I am waiting to get $$ back but it takes 4-ever with the mounds of paperwork out there for us unemployed folks. I just want a JOB so this insurance nightmare will be over.

Good luck Debra. Nothing is easy these days.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 7, 2009 06:57

Thanks Sweetcharmedlife!! You're so right, not like the good ole days when if you WANTED to work, you could actually find a job!

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: June 10, 2009 23:39

Wow, this has been a tough year. My wife has been laid oiff for a year, and I've been out since January. Hey Debra, I live in Ma also. Unfortunately I worked in RI. I have to collect unemployment in RI, MA won't let me collect. RI unemployment is $100/week less than MA (crap) and that MA COBRA reimbursement, I'm not eligible for it. Plus my daughter just graduated high school (with honors) and will start at Providence College in the fall. Unfortunately after scholarships etc., we will need another 25-30K in loans (if we can get them).

Most companies I've talked to that I've interviewed with, end up putting the position on hold, due to the economy. And to top it off, 2 of the recruiters I was using, got laid off!!!!

Thank God for the Stones music to help me through. Hopefully we will all be back to work soon...........

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Date: June 11, 2009 01:28

Wow Saturn, so sorry to hear of your troubles! Yikes! Guess I'm lucky I live in Taxachusetts. That sucks that R.I unemployment is so much less than Mass. What are we supposed to do when we continue to look, every day, and sure I can take a job that pays $9.00 or less per hour but that's LESS than unemployment. My Medical Security reimbursement is nowhere in sight and I have to pay June followed by July Cobra.
Do you see that we will all find jobs this year?? I'm worried!!
Luke, I didn't know you were having a rough time too!! So, it's better now with wifey gone?? Do you have a new job? Hope so.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home