Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Exile Re-release
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 3, 2009 17:10

Mick wants to remix it, no one else.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: June 3, 2009 18:41

skipstone

Mick could erase Mick Taylor, Bill, and Nicky Hopkins.

A better Exile featuring Woody, Darryl & Chuck.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 3, 2009 18:46

Haristone
skipstone

Mick could erase Mick Taylor, Bill, and Nicky Hopkins.

A better Exile featuring Woody, Darryl & Chuck.

Just like the cover of "Rarities!"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 3, 2009 19:02

Stargroves
Maybe they'll send it to all fan club members as the promised DVD? eye rolling smiley

That would be bad news because it means Hell is already freezing over!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-03 21:06 by open-g.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 3, 2009 20:53

"They will do "Loving Cup" (with Jack White III) from Shine A Light, perhaps ..." (unquote)

- Oh God I hope not. I have no idea why the current fixation with Jack White with some of rock's elder statesmen, but White's so-called 'singing' completely ruined 'Loving Cup' on Shine a Light and renders it unlistenable to these ears.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 3, 2009 22:01

I just hope they go into their vaults (like Led Zep did with their DVD) and pull
out some Live footage from the 1972 & 73 tours..
and the reaction from the "buying" public is overwhelming, to what the Stones
sounded like , LIVE in those years..

Man do I HOPE!!!

MLC

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: June 3, 2009 22:31

Dont worry, Mick will find a way to @#$%& this up!angry smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 4, 2009 02:27

you bet he will, he always does

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 4, 2009 10:20

SwayStones
kleenex
Just got off the phone from a friend who works at Universal. The Exile re-release does come with a DVD live show (she doesn't which show, together with additional unreleased tracks and alternative versions). She has already seen early concepts for the packaging options.

All she knows of release date is "in time for Xmas market".

Sounds good

Did not they say now "Exile release " will come out only at the beginning of 2010 ?

Received this morning from AFP :

"Exile On Main St." (1972), qui ressortira en version deluxe en 2010 (et non à la rentrée comme initialement prévu).

"Exile will be released in delux version in 2010 (and not in the last months of 2009 as initially foreseen /planned )

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-04 10:20 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Anthony ()
Date: June 4, 2009 10:43

It would be cool if they did something similar to what the Zappas did with "Freak Out"a few years ago.
COuld get
Cd 1 Exile (original)
Cd 2 Exile (remixed/remastered)
Cd 3 Exile out-takes and studio takes (vocal takes etc)
Cd 4 Live stuff
DVD of one of the shows mentioned above

On another note, I thought I remembered hearing about some kind of "overture" made that Jagger played on a radio station once. Is this correct?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 4, 2009 11:07

It always amazes me how irate people get about a non official statement!

Its all hearsay??

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 5, 2009 15:51

LieB
Steven
How much of MSG was really filmed when Cavett's crew was there? We've seen the beginning and end, perhaps the rest is in the can somewhere?
I've also been wondering the same thing, but I think if the Stones release some '72 live stuff, it will probably be their own more professionally recorded material.

Regardless, those Dick Cavett clips -- officially available in pristine quality on the "Dick Cavett's Rock Legends" triple-DVD -- are amazingly good. I remember someone over at the Shidoobee forum contacted the Dick Cavett publisher (?) and asked if they actually had the rest of the show on film. I don't remember the exact response (as reported on Shidoobee), but they didn't wanna reveal if they had any or not. Sort of like "yes, but we don't wanna tell ya anything about it". Probably contractual restrictions on it.

LieB - your memory is excellent. I contacted the production company who put together the Dick Cavett DVD. Their response to the question of whether they had access to the complete show was that they could not confirm or deny it.

Personally I would be disappointed if they made a live Exile DVD from recent sources. But it might be possible to reconstruct a legit 1972 show from various source altho I'd prefer an unedited whole show...if indeed such a show exists. Presumably Rollin Binzer filmed both the 1972 Houston shows in their entirety. Then we have the Cavett footage, plus the recent MSG footage (quite possibly unusable). There is always the possibility that other film exists that the we're not aware of.

Date: June 5, 2009 15:57

Oh there won't be any live Exile from recent sources - that was just a bad idea someone mentioned that I was sort of having fun with.

The irony, of course, is that there are recent sources of Exile material. Although really the only good release so far has been Sweet Virginia on Stripped. Tumbling Dice is pretty good but I'd rather have the whole live track than that screwed up warm up very quickly edit segued to live. Other than that it's all crap.

Date: June 5, 2009 17:53

I'm going to assume this release will be underwhelming and crappy until proven wrong...

Date: June 5, 2009 18:13

Its always good to wait till somethings released before you gripe eh?

Date: June 5, 2009 18:22

Not griping, but based on past history, preparing...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 5, 2009 18:28

StonesFanatic

yep, we are preparing ourseleves, Ablett - can u give every member $1 for every time we get a piss-weak release from the Stones ?

you would be poor my friend....

Date: June 5, 2009 18:39

LOLZ

Date: June 5, 2009 19:12

Happy bunch. If you don't like, don't buy. Aint no gun to your head.

Your all getting worked up about something that aint even been officially mentioned yet?

Sound a tad ridiculous?

Date: June 5, 2009 19:52

No, you sound ridiculous...this is the same argument on every @#$%& band messageboard I belong to..and usually we turn out to be right!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 5, 2009 22:38

ablett
Happy bunch. If you don't like, don't buy. Aint no gun to your head.
Yes, of course we don't have to buy it. But if they just release stuff that sucks when we know for sure that there are tons of good stuff they could release, well then we do have the right to complain. We also have the right to vent our opinions about the Stones recent material and express our uncertainty over this whole Exile project based on that. Not always very positive, but certainly better than complete silence. Just my humble opinion.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 5, 2009 22:41

Father Ted -- Ah, cool to hear that my memory served me right. smiling smiley

I agree that live Exile material from recent years is pretty unlikely. A compilation of already released material would be extremely lame (in this case), and there have been Exile stuff released on pretty much every live CD or DVD the last 15-20 years (correct me if I'm wrong).

Date: June 5, 2009 23:55

"No, you sound ridiculous...this is the same argument on every @#$%& band messageboard I belong to..and usually we turn out to be right!"

Eh, so your correct cause your slating a 'product' that has not even officially been announced OR you no what the damn things gonna contain?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 6, 2009 02:28

Matt
I also hope for a total remix of the album. The sound is muddy, even in mono (
Mats
Mono? There were mono tracks from Exile? Please tell us more!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 6, 2009 03:00

StonesFanatic

Definitely.

Stones promises are the most dangerous thing a fan can believe in. The only antidote is pessimism.

Date: June 8, 2009 18:36

Justin
StonesFanatic

Definitely.

Stones promises are the most dangerous thing a fan can believe in. The only antidote is pessimism.

Heh...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 8, 2009 22:36

skipstone
Oh there won't be any live Exile from recent sources - that was just a bad idea someone mentioned that I was sort of having fun with.

The irony, of course, is that there are recent sources of Exile material. Although really the only good release so far has been Sweet Virginia on Stripped. Tumbling Dice is pretty good but I'd rather have the whole live track than that screwed up warm up very quickly edit segued to live. Other than that it's all crap.

All Down The Line from Paradiso as released on the Wild Horses CD single is pretty good in fact.

However, lets beg and pray that they wont jump on Erik Snows bad idea to compile an Exile show from recent sources. The 1972 shows are too good to be missed. Just hope theres not the usual "copyright issues".

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 8, 2009 22:41

"lets beg and pray that they wont jump on Erik Snows bad idea to compile an Exile show from recent sources"

- well yeah...what's the point in that?

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: June 9, 2009 00:33

Erik Snow was being sarcastic with that remark about an Exile live disc sourced from recent shows.

It was a joke. I think he even said so.

Date: June 9, 2009 01:43

I think they should release the Licks hack edit of Rocks Off to promote something.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home