Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tongue-Shirts all around in Germany
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: May 25, 2009 10:56

I live in Bonn, Germany. These days there is a new fashion style: many young people, most of them 15-25, wear black Tongue-Shirts! Seems to be hip or cool to wear a Tongue-Shirt.

But I BET, they aren´t fans and many of them don´t even know the Stones. It´s just the Shirt.

Funny Thing!

Priest

Re: Tongue-Shirts all around in Germany
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:03

can u supply a foto?

r u a member of stonestreff or, hopefully not, but also/or bluestreff?

The Plexiglass

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:36

Two years ago here in Finland there were also a lot of tongue-shirts to be seen used by the kids - most (if all) of whom had probably any idea of its origin. They were sold in some cheap-clothes-store, and seemed to be a kind of 'in' thing to wear. Funny to see, though.

- Doxa

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:53

Yeah, I see them regularly...I think even H&M sells them now, at least I saw some there last year.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 25, 2009 12:09

Last year on my holiday I went to a neat store. Had many bands tshirts, The Stones lottttttttttz. Got some n ice ones and not too expensive.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 25, 2009 13:44

i dont like that. it happened to motörhead and ramones shirts too.
one of the ugly side of globalization. nothing has got any value anymore. it just sells good. looks cool. @#$%& that! i dont want H&M to sell those shirts...

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 25, 2009 15:14

It´s nothing but a fashion thing for teenage airheads who don´t know squat about rock n´roll.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:24

guitarbastard
i dont like that. it happened to motörhead and ramones shirts too.one of the ugly side of globalization. nothing has got any value anymore. it just sells good. looks cool. @#$%& that! i dont want H&M to sell those shirts...

Too late - H & M have been selling those t-shirts for at least 20 years! My very first bona fide Rolling Stones T-shirt was from H & M, before the "Urban Jungle" tour of 1990. The one with the multi colored tongues......As The Stones own the copyright, I don't think H & M would sell them without authorization - so somebody in Stones Corp has sanctioned the deal.

Maybe we should look on the bright side - H & M are stocking up on Rolling Stones t-shirts because a new tour is coming up? winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2009 09:48

It has become a fashion brand. Many people who wear the shirt have no clue about the meaning of it, and they have barely heard about the Rolling Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 13:50

THey are every where in Jakarta. Most probably because most the shirts Europeans and North Americans are buying are made for 20cents in Asia. But also with the young here, whether they live in the poor slums or in the business district, it is a cool symbol. Hindu god of Shiva with the bright red. Yeah, most of them haven't heard the stones, but I play in a band here and when I announce the stones and I have my shirt on, folks start grooving because they know its what they should do, with that tongue wagging on the floor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home