Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bobby Keys playing Chicago!!!
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 22, 2009 06:14

Well, just outside of Chicago at FitzGeralds in Berwyn on July 1 to kick off the American Music Festival with the great Joe Ely Band! And if seeing Bobby isn't great enough, the great David Grissom will be on guitar! So filstan, little queenie, 3dDteafoe and anyone else from the area, I strongly suggest you don't miss this!!!

Beast and pauly, it's worth a flight!

Re: Bobby Keys playing Chicago!!!
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:14

cool! remind us again soon - i do want to go!

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:18

Fitzgerald's is a great venue!! For anyone thinking of coming into town for the show, Buddy Guy is also playing a free show on July 4th @ Grant Park as part of the Taste of Chicago.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 22, 2009 16:58

sounds like a plan! stones are the featured artists today on 93.7, wxrt!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 22, 2009 17:43

cool. i'm seeing ely with his flatlander mates this weekend. nice to see bobby is reuniting with joe - they did some nice stuff together a coupla decades ago...coupla the best from west texas....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 22, 2009 18:12

would like to go, but if I am in Chi, likely to be in mid July.

But geez, Buddy Guy for free at the Taste? I have been to the Taste about 3 times in the last 20 years and I enjoy it. As I recall, there is a stage area somewhere right in there near the site which of course is right next to Lake Michigan. Is that about right??

Would also like to form a CAPS organization (Chicagoland Area Plexiglass Society), similar to BAPS (Bay Area Plexiglass Society).

plexi-man

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 25, 2009 23:39

Great to see Bobby will be playing with Joe Ely at the Great American Music Festival. This is always a good time in Berwyn and good value for the money. Mac was there last year I think. Always some good bands on the bill.I try and catch one day if I am in town, and this year it looks like it's a go. Happy to met up with some of you guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home