Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
the next record
Posted by: sflfan ()
Date: April 12, 2009 22:56

first time post here
my view on the next record,,
should be music that can be accessed from a web site
cd's will soon be gone
wishing the stones would do blocks(small time ) of recording sessions
post videos/audio tracks, of the songs in development
say record for 5 days/limit inter action to produce songs without all the crap
let the song grow with time
posting demo raw song...., overdub versions and old gems(like my baby)stripped
after a couple session a couple of club shows
take some time off then session and more show til enough material to
tour or post more songs
when bigger bang came out on sd card it was before its time(cd still had a place
the remastered cd seem like wasted time by reading comments on these boards
everytime new demo(training wheels) appear we all freak and run to find where to get these
think of 60 audio songs and half # videos at$2.50 to $3.00 a clip
mick ....just an idea

how many of us join the fan club x $$ for better seating

Re: the next record
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: April 12, 2009 23:11

I think that they should take it it easy with the new record.The best case scenario would be if they just got together and jammed for a while, see what they could come up with.They should forget about the past record and stop trying to make a classic stones record because they have changed a lot over the years and the kind of music people associate with the stones is simply not in them anymore.They may have something new to offer, as interesting and provoking than anything they have ever done.Take Dylan for instance.His approach to music has changed quite a lot over the years but he is still able to come up with something unique and exciting every time he enters the studio.It's not the same music that originally seduced his fans but it still bears his mark and it's almost just as relevant as his classics.I wish the stones would follow in his footsteps instead of coming up with mediocre stones-like albums like ABB.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 12, 2009 23:35

ABB was just so great (imo) / Shine a light is fantastic. I suppose you're waiting for Springsteen and Beatles ? (or U2) I really prefer The Rolling Stones. I like Dylan, but he doesn't really excite me (and, I'm sure, I'm not the only one.)

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: April 12, 2009 23:44

I love the Stones more than any other band except The Beatles and I think they are still the most amazing live act to see.I just found ABB to be almost obsolete.I believe they could do better.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 00:59

the next album should be a complete return to the blues

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:17

Something good about a possible new record: it would be better than ABB, it's not very hard to top that crap.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:24

get rick rubin and record the best left-overs of the last 25 years (ala tattoo you)
and keep it all simple. now, that could be a record!

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:35

I seriously hope to be wrong here but I'm not sure a new record is on the radar at this point.

I mean, let's keep in mind that ABB is already 4 years ago...

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: April 13, 2009 02:00

Glass Slide
I seriously hope to be wrong here but I'm not sure a new record is on the radar at this point.

Let's keep in mind they once had a six year break between touring. tongue sticking out smiley

I believe there will be another record, maybe not in the next 6 months, but they will start recording again. A Bigger Bang wasn't the final Biggest Bang, I'd say (no, no reference to the DVD box intended). I like the ABB album, but somehow I feel it's not the final album of their career.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: April 13, 2009 03:43

CharliMoon
Glass Slide

Let's keep in mind they once had a six year break between touring. tongue sticking out smiley

I believe there will be another record, maybe not in the next 6 months, but they will start recording again. A Bigger Bang wasn't the final Biggest Bang, I'd say (no, no reference to the DVD box intended). I like the ABB album, but somehow I feel it's not the final album of their career.

Yeah true enough, however let's also keep in mind that at the time of the 6 year break they were in their mid-40s NOT their mid-60s. Big diff...

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: April 13, 2009 03:55

Glass Slide
CharliMoon
Glass Slide

Yeah true enough, however let's also keep in mind that at the time of the 6 year break they were in their mid-40s NOT their mid-60s. Big diff...

You're right. They are older now. And this might sound totally cliché now and it probably is, but you're never to old for the rock'n'roll and as long as they CAN pull it off and as long as they WANT to do what they do - which I believe they really do - and as long as they get this satisfaction out of playing music, I'm confident there will be another record once they feel the time is right.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: April 13, 2009 06:28

Time to return to their roots, as has been mentioned here a thousand times. But they really need to. I can see it now; THE STONES PLAY CHESS! An album of covers by Chess artists only; Muddy, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Bo Diddley, of course Chuck Berry, and so on. Man, would I love to hear that.

Date: April 13, 2009 08:45

sirdoug
Time to return to their roots, as has been mentioned here a thousand times. But they really need to. I can see it now; THE STONES PLAY CHESS! An album of covers by Chess artists only; Muddy, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Bo Diddley, of course Chuck Berry, and so on. Man, would I love to hear that.

totally agree..this is a no brainer........

Date: April 13, 2009 09:48

Another so-so record, and another money grab of a tour, with the same ole warhorses.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: April 13, 2009 13:21

stoned in washington dc
sirdoug

totally agree..this is a no brainer........

Totally agree too, If they did a good job of this I am sure it would be critically acclaimed (if that really matters?) They always sound the best when returning to their roots

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 13, 2009 13:25

They are a rock band. They should just record another Rolling Stones record.
All those "back to the roots" talk is just a statement that you don´t like
their songwriting nowadays (´97 to ´05). I do.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 13, 2009 13:41

TooTough
They are a rock band. They should just record another Rolling Stones record.
All those "back to the roots" talk is just a statement that you don´t like
their songwriting nowadays (´97 to ´05). I do.

well they still write some ok songs. but compared to their prime....it really sucks!!! and it has also got to do with growing old gracefully...so, yeah they should really go back to the roots!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 13, 2009 15:22

Agree with the roots album. No need to record just covers, they could come up with some old fashioned blues and country themselves as well. Who needs grandpa Jagger to sing about tits and cocks (Moon is yellow, etc), Bush and wiggling his skinny ass in video clips nobody watches (Rain Fall Down)?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 13, 2009 16:54

I'm not sure why ABB is slagged so much because I still think it's a fine album. It's way more intense than Bridges or Voodoo or SW or DW. It's guitar motivated, guitar driven and guitar laden and it snarls.

The songs, on the other hand, there are some that they should have left off. For starters, Streets Of Love, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Infamy, Rain Fall Down, Sweet Neo Con. And it would have been better had they put the two extra tracks on.

I dunno.

Next album? At this point if they did something that was the ones I just listed as wishing they'd left off...it would be something other than nothing. And that is not exactly a good thing. If ABB is their last album it's going to forever be remembered as the album that almost made it to #1 and that's about it.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: April 13, 2009 17:40

Return to their roots (blues/rock'n'roll/country) and stop trying to sound like The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 13, 2009 19:59

don't really see a roots album happening. jagger's obsessed with youth and relevance and all that....a roots album would be an indication of age and maturity. we can't have any of that....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 13, 2009 21:19

I don't expect a new album to be released. ABB was a perfect testimony in that sense, a great album eventhough it sold poorly. Can The Rolling Stones produce a Stones album now. Hard to believe when "Jagger-Richards" meet once a year or so. Except if Keith comes out one day with a Start Me Up kind of riffs.

Date: April 13, 2009 21:24

abb is the swan song? i think they need a do-over, if that's the case...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 13, 2009 23:35

"Back to their roots"??

An album of blues cover songs??

When will people let go of this idea that one day the Stones will put out an album of Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry covers?? Are you guys seeing a different band here? When has the Stones post-1969 EVER put out an album of covers?

Date: April 13, 2009 23:41

Justin
"Back to their roots"??

An album of blues cover songs??

When will people let go of this idea that one day the Stones will put out an album of Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry covers?? Are you guys seeing a different band here? When has the Stones post-1969 EVER put out an album of covers?

ummm...that's the whole point?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 13, 2009 23:44

The Stones don't do "themed albums." To me, they aren't artists that are flexible enough to devote an entire album to such an endeavor. Considering they are releasing albums so sporadically in recent years...there is no time or room for an album full of just covers.

Date: April 13, 2009 23:46

u could argue there is less time for an album of originals...

i would consider stripped as a themed album of sorts...along the lines of the unplugged series....

Date: April 13, 2009 23:52

We won't know until they do one so this thread is moot. So is what any of us thinks.

Date: April 13, 2009 23:52

skipstone
We won't know until they do one so this thread is moot. So is what any of us thinks.

i'll raise you and entire discussion board that is moot.

Date: April 13, 2009 23:57

Your and this mootness has been doubled and raised - I will triple the mootness.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home