Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 3, 2009 02:09

Just curious, how is Magic a failed record?
Sold well over a million and has some great somgs on it.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 3, 2009 02:28

Magic failed

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 3, 2009 02:39

trainarollin
Time to drop:

Outlaw Pete (replace with 2 other new songs that are 4 mins each)
Badlands
Out in the Streets (too quirky)
Radio Nowhere (from a failed record)

Time to drop Badlands and Out in the Streets???????????????
Get A Grip for F**k shake!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 3, 2009 02:56

trainarollin
Magic failed

Thanks for that detailed analysis.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 3, 2009 04:38

Is "Dark End Of The Street" by Percy Sledge?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 3, 2009 04:42

Chris Fountain
Mony Mony is actually a Tommy James & Shondells tune, which Billy Idol covered as previously mentioned earlier in this thread by another member.

Thanks, Chris. train lost all credibility with his post. I love the Shondells - plaese ceck 'emout. Standells too, but they're different.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 3, 2009 05:01

Elmo Lewis
Standells too, but they're different.

I love that dirty Water

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-03 05:01 by ryanpow.

Date: June 3, 2009 05:36

Rid the set of Badlands and Out in the Streets.

Throw in "Drive all Night" once in a while.

PS: Magic failed to deliver.

Date: June 3, 2009 05:55

trainarollin
Rid the set of Badlands and Out in the Streets.

Throw in "Drive all Night" once in a while.

PS: Magic failed to deliver.

Again you come off as an absolute tool. I saw 7 shows om the Magic tour. Each one literally better than the other. It's a shame he has abandoned the Magic material. Long Walk Home,Last To Die and Gypsy Biker are far better than Lonesome Day,Waiting on a Sunny Day and The Rising. But still a kick ass tour. I EAGERLY await addditional US dates....Elmo as for Dark End Of The Street. According to Nanker Phlegm:
Dark End Of The Street was written by the GREAT Dan Penn but many consider (including Penn himself) That James Carr's version is the definitive. I couldnt pick my favourite version, suffice to say that its a mighty song and Crr's does it more than justice. One of the great Deep Southern Soul songs of all time.

Date: June 3, 2009 06:05

Trying to decide what kind of Tool I would be? Probably something that would smash the Magic record.

Would I be a moron to suggest that I would like to hear the entire "Tunnel of Love" record performed? It's an awsome record.

Date: June 3, 2009 06:07

trainarollin
Trying to decide what kind of Tool I would be? Probably something that would smash the Magic record.

Would I be a moron to suggest that I would like to hear the entire "Tunnel of Love" record performed? It's an awsome record.

No,you wouldn't be. I love TOL. But stop bashing Magic. It's better than WOAD.

Date: June 3, 2009 06:19

To be fair, lets just say he has not had a decent record since The River?

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 4, 2009 01:42

trainarollin
To be fair, lets just say he has not had a decent record since The River?

Thought you were serious for a minute, now you are just being foolish.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: June 4, 2009 02:34

Elmo Lewis
Is "Dark End Of The Street" by Percy Sledge?

Percy;s is on of MANY MANY versions of this classic, see my previous post.

the burritos did a fine version as well.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 07:23

Gotta jump in here. Magic had some decent songs, bout 5 I think, but WOAD, for me, is a much much much better record than it, and I'm far happier to have the EStreet go out with this album than Magic, a huge disappointment to me vs its predecessor, The Rising.

TOL is far and away my favorite Bruce album, with Tougher Than the Rest my alltime favorite Bruce song. The Rising runs a close second.

I don't understand, Train, how you can say he's not had a decent album since The River and yet love TOL.....contradictory there, no? Plus, The Rising is classic Springsteen, and personally I love Tom Joad and We Shall Overcome as well. A great album. With the exception of Devils and Dust, Bruce does accustic better'n almost anyone out there.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 07:54

Say, that iTunes only live EP Bruce did, that's not available anywhere on a promo disc or something is it? I know there's the PBS exclusive thing I have to pick up - just haven't justified the $100 price tag on it yet. Same with the Neil Young box in this economy.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 4, 2009 12:19

Nils Lofgren is in Sweden now for three concerts, he brings his friend Bruce to support him.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 4, 2009 15:56

VoodooLounge13
Say, that iTunes only live EP Bruce did, that's not available anywhere on a promo disc or something is it? I know there's the PBS exclusive thing I have to pick up - just haven't justified the $100 price tag on it yet. Same with the Neil Young box in this economy.

If you are referring to last year's "Magic Tour Highlights" EP, that was in fact released on official Columbia/Sony promo CDR's in both the US and the Netherlands, but these would probably set you back a few hundred bucks each.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2009 16:01

There was a PBS exclusive 5-track CD of the Seeger Sessions "Live In Dublin" shows,consisting entirely of songs which werent included on the double live CD.

Its pretty hard to get and finding it on e-bay will cost a packet. Absolutely superb EP though, including a glorious version of "Ghost of Tom Joad".

Date: June 4, 2009 16:28

Gazza
There was a PBS exclusive 5-track CD of the Seeger Sessions "Live In Dublin" shows,consisting entirely of songs which werent included on the double live CD.

Its pretty hard to get and finding it on e-bay will cost a packet. Absolutely superb EP though, including a glorious version of "Ghost of Tom Joad".

Although I am not a fan of Bruce's "Seeger Sessions" phase, I must agree that the PBS EP isn't half-bad. The Dublin version of "Ghost" also was included on Hard Rock's "Serve2" Various Artists CD compilation in 2007 - I remember this was available on iTunes, but the Springsteen track couldn't be purchased separately; you had to buy the full album in order to get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-04 16:28 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: June 4, 2009 18:29

I'm sure that was much cheaper than the PBS CD! I ended up settling for a CD-R copy myself.

There's another version of TGOTJ out there on a charity record - a studio duet with Pete Seeger.

What youre saying about not being able to buy a track separately was the same with the version he and Seeger did of 'Go to sleep you weary hobo' on that charity album a couple of years ago. I suppose you can see the point. Having a major artist on the record helps sales, but if people are only downloading that one track it defeats the purpose of the record.

Date: June 4, 2009 18:57

Gazza
There's another version of TGOTJ out there on a charity record - a studio duet with Pete Seeger.

Yeah, I have that, too. Would be a great version if Pete Seeger wasn't mumbling about on it...the old geezer doesn't sing, but basically just recites the verses, like reading a poem. He really ruined this one.

Gazza
What youre saying about not being able to buy a track separately was the same with the version he and Seeger did of 'Go to sleep you weary hobo' on that charity album a couple of years ago. I suppose you can see the point. Having a major artist on the record helps sales, but if people are only downloading that one track it defeats the purpose of the record.

Absolutely, makes a lot of sense to me, and I don't have any gripes about that. The most recent example is the new Bernie Williams album, "Moving Forward", which exclusively features an acoustic (and very nice) live rendition of "Glory Days" with Bruce and Patti as a bonus track - you can't buy that individually either.

Bruce's version of "Hobo's Lullaby" is awesome, BTW.

Date: June 4, 2009 20:52

'Hobo's Lullaby', yes...no wonder I couldnt find it today on my ipod under 'G' !

Wasnt aware of that Bernie Williams release. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: June 4, 2009 22:44

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: JK ()
Date: June 4, 2009 23:02

I´m sure someone has posted this.. Cindy Mizelle (Steel Wheels tour) is singing backing vocals for Bruce.

Date: June 4, 2009 23:03

Pro-shot video from tonight's opener in Stockholm, "Who'll Stop The Rain" (wait for the commercial to finish):

[www.expressen.tv]

Date: June 4, 2009 23:08

JK
I´m sure someone has posted this.. Cindy Mizelle (Steel Wheels tour) is singing backing vocals for Bruce.

Yup. This is probably some kind of exchange for Patti Scialfa singing backing vocals on the Stones' "One Hit (To The Body)"... winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2009 23:13

OhNoNotMeAgain
Pro-shot video from tonight's opener in Stockholm, "Who'll Stop The Rain" (wait for the commercial to finish):

[www.expressen.tv]

Cool thanks.grinning smiley

Date: June 4, 2009 23:31

One more from Stockholm - "My Lucky Day":

[www.expressen.tv]-.

Date: June 5, 2009 00:03

Stockholm #1 6/4 1st of a 3 night stand

8:09

1. WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN?
2. Badlands
3. My Lucky Day!
4. Prove It All Night
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Out In The Street
7. Working On A Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad
collecting signs...
11. Raise Your Hand
12. I'm Goin' Down (request)
13. Cadillac Ranch (request)
14. Because The Night (request)
15. Wild Thing (request)
16. Waitin On A Sunny Day
17. The Promised Land
18. The Wrestler
19 Kingdom of Days
20. Lonesome Day
21. The Rising
22. Born To Run

23. Hard Times
24. Bobby Jean
25. Land of Hope & Dreams
26. American Land
27. Glory Days
28. Twist & Shout
29. Dancing In The Dark

10:52 "Thank you Stockholm... see you tomorrow!" ~ Bruce

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home