Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Billboard: Faces Reunion Plans Still Awaiting Rod's Nod
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 13, 2009 20:09

There was a story about this in Billboard, the link and the text are below. I didn't know there was still even a possibility of this. It doesn't sound very promising, frankly.

Link: [www.billboard.com]

A Faces reunion may still be in the offing this year -- but probably not a full-scale tour or recording project.

Keyboardist Ian McLagan tells Billboard.com that the latest idea, proffered by guitarist Ron Wood at a lunch in London with McLagan and drummer Kenney Jones, is "we do a couple shows and film it. Whether Rod (Stewart) wants to do that...I'm hoping he'll be into that 'cause it'll be such a lot of fun. It's what the three of us would like Rod to agree to."

The Faces, with Stewart's touring bassist, got together during November in London to play for three days in various configurations. McLagan -- who's currently touring to promote his latest solo album, "Never Say Never," which comes out March 3 -- says the sessions were "really, really great." The following month word leaked that the group would indeed tour, with the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea on bass, and that there would also be a new Faces album -- the first since 1973's "Ooh La La." In January both Flea and Stewart denied there would be a Faces tour.

McLagan says that Wood is currently in Los Angeles and plans to talk to Stewart about the latest idea. "I'll get a call eventually, and maybe we'll do something in June or July," McLagan says, " 'cause I don't want to do anything next year. I'm not gonna wait again. It's either gonna be this year...It's now or never! I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to waste energy trying to make it happen. I've worked for 30 years trying to make it happen. It's now in the lap of the gods -- or the hands of Rod, maybe."

The keyboardist adds that despite other press reports, Wood is "in great shape...and good spirits" and is not currently drinking. "He slips but he stops. He's finding his grace, and it's a struggle," McLagan says. "He's trying really hard."

While he waits for word on the Faces' plans, McLagan plans a full year of touring with his Bump Band for "Never Say Never" -- which is dedicated to his late wife, Kim, who died in a 2006 auto accident, and features some songs inspired by the tragedy.

"Music is the healer -- I know it as an absolute, stone cold fact," McLagan says. "I wouldn't be here today without the music and my band members, my musician friends. They kept me going. I'm doing much better. I'm fine now. But the tough times, I couldn't have done it on my own."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-13 20:10 by ohnonotyouagain.

Re: Billboard: Faces Reunion Plans Still Awaiting Rod's Nod
Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 13, 2009 20:29

cool

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 14, 2009 01:09

Will Rod Nod?
Will Rod Wink?
Is A Nod as Good as a Wink to the rest of the Faces?
How about to a blind horse?

I hope it happens!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 14, 2009 12:00

How about Ian on the road with the Stones? Get rid of the twinkly click track boy and get on with some boogie rock'n'roll!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2009 21:42

skipstone
How about Ian on the road with the Stones? Get rid of the twinkly click track boy and get on with some boogie rock'n'roll!

But then who would make up the setlists?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 14, 2009 22:07

mac will never be allowed to tour with the lads again - he knows it, too....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 14, 2009 22:08

sweetcharmedlife
But then who would make up the setlists?[/quote]

I thought that was Mick.
He seems to be the guy that plays it super-safe all the time.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2009 23:25

Edith Grove
sweetcharmedlife
But then who would make up the setlists?

I thought that was Mick.
He seems to be the guy that plays it super-safe all the time.[/quote]

Well Chuck kind of acts as the musical director. Which includes making up the setlists. Which he then runs through Mick. Give chuck some credit,he at least trys to get Mick to play some different stuff.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: March 16, 2009 00:28

So the Faces re-union is all set to go, once Rod give the OK.
hasn't that been the state of play for some time ? So whats new ?

Date: March 16, 2009 00:29

Nanker Phlegm
So the Faces re-union is all set to go, once Rod give the OK.
hasn't that been the state of play for some time ?

only the last 33 years. patience....

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 16, 2009 22:42

T&A

what is this about? I was not aware of a falling out between the Stones and Mac...

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: March 16, 2009 23:25

My assumption is that Mac and Woody had a little too much fun together (as in freebase) on previous tours.

Date: March 16, 2009 23:31

lettingitbleed
T&A

what is this about? I was not aware of a falling out between the Stones and Mac...

not so much a falling out, per se (mac did open for the lads in austin on the abb tour, after all)....rather that mick would prefer to keep the party boys apart for the sake of the act. mac will tell you the same....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home