Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IORRians F/X pedals and other guitar related stuff.
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 22, 2009 14:39

Here are mine.

Boss ME-50

Blackstar HT Dual. (awesome tone, can get American and British amp sounds out of it)

Dime Bag Wah Wah.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-22 14:41 by NickB.

Re: IORRians F/X pedals and other guitar related stuff.
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 22, 2009 16:17

No pics, but I have a modded GCB95 Dunlop Wah, a Small Clone Chorus, and a Bad Bob Booster.

I recently discovered the BYOC website. They sell kits to build your own clone pedal. I have the tremolo on order - very exciting!

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: February 23, 2009 03:56

Snapped some studio pictures today. It is amazing how easily and cheaply you can throw together a little recording studio these days. Hope this isn't too many pictures.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 23, 2009 18:33

I hate those Boss tuners. They drive me nuts.

I've got a Marshall Guv'nor G2 for mostly leads, a Dunlop wah-wah and a MXR 90 Phaser, all played through a Fender Super or Hot Rod Deluxe.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 16, 2012 19:13

I have 2 pedalboards, one for acoustic and one for electric although they double duty at times. Homemade from diagonally cut coke crates.

My typical signal path: Guitar, Mandolin or Dobro--> A/B box 1--->A/B box2--->original MXR Dyna Comp--->Pandora's Box rev 1--->Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller-->Fishman Amp1 and 1937 Gibson Tube Amp2.

The A/B boxes are run backwards to switch instruments on the fly and the Amps are run from the stereo outs of the DL4.

I also run a vocal channel effects send to an input on the DL4 so I can loop vocals and add harmonies on the fly.

The pandoras box has some great sounding drum loops as well as guitar effects. Basically a 1 man band set up. peace

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: September 16, 2012 19:56

Fender Stratocaster Classic 70's or electric dulcimer - volume pedal (cheap) - MXR GT-OD - EHX Nano Smallstone - Biyang Tri Reverb - Vox AC4TV

I'm currently trying to find a good delay pedal to ad to my setup but it's not easy on budget.
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, MXR Carbon Copy and TC Electronic Flashback all look and sound good. But the Strymon El Capistan sounds so freaking good and has a lot of cool features to play with. It's a little digital and sterile but can still do very convincing tape delay sounds. Too bad it's so expensive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-16 19:56 by tonterapi.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 16, 2012 20:04

His Majesty has some pretty cool videos of his effects pedals filmed at his palace of sound. Are you there HM?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 16, 2012 20:53

What are your addresses? I want to break in and steal your sh*t.

Date: September 16, 2012 21:04

tonterapi
Fender Stratocaster Classic 70's or electric dulcimer - volume pedal (cheap) - MXR GT-OD - EHX Nano Smallstone - Biyang Tri Reverb - Vox AC4TV

I'm currently trying to find a good delay pedal to ad to my setup but it's not easy on budget.
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, MXR Carbon Copy and TC Electronic Flashback all look and sound good. But the Strymon El Capistan sounds so freaking good and has a lot of cool features to play with. It's a little digital and sterile but can still do very convincing tape delay sounds. Too bad it's so expensive.

I can't say enough about the Line 6 DL-4 (List $329.00 USD). It models so many other types of delay boxes and does it well. As for the digital sound..it is 24 and 32 bit processing so if you hit it hard it seems transparent in that sense. The instant repeat loop function is alot of fun but be prepared to lose a few months entertaining yourself with it.... peace

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 16, 2012 21:14

Date: September 16, 2012 21:49

Naturalust
I can't say enough about the Line 6 DL-4 (List $329.00 USD). It models so many other types of delay boxes and does it well. As for the digital sound..it is 24 and 32 bit processing so if you hit it hard it seems transparent in that sense. The instant repeat loop function is alot of fun but be prepared to lose a few months entertaining yourself with it.... peace
I remember the DL-4 and they did sound pretty sweet. Especially the Memory Man mode. I had no idea that they were still in production! Must be 10 years or so?

But...I also remember that they had a tendency to break. Is the quality better now?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 16, 2012 22:55

jabhead
Snapped some studio pictures today. It is amazing how easily and cheaply you can throw together a little recording studio these days. Hope this isn't too many pictures.

I stored all my "studio" stuff away recently.

This is my studio now.

+

=

Built in effects (some really great ones IMO), microphone and the bass is still the fender telecaster (with the guitar to bass effect).

A studio in a pocket.

Date: September 16, 2012 23:32

tonterapi
I had no idea that they were still in production! Must be 10 years or so?

But...I also remember that they had a tendency to break. Is the quality better now?

Sounds like you know the ones smoking smiley....but they are a staple in so many big acts (Eddie Vedder, John Paul Jones, et al) I doubt they they go away soon. I recently sent 2! units back to them and they repaired the switches with some new revision stuff meant to be more durable, time will tell but they were GREAT about it and didn't charge me a dime for the repairs.

At some point it seems people give up with always having the newest technology and find one that works for them and try to stick with it. I've heard Allen Holdsworth talk about it once. The real journeys are mostly made on the fretboard anyway, imho. peace

Date: September 17, 2012 03:46

GravityBoy
jabhead

I stored all my "studio" stuff away recently.

This is my studio now.

+

=

Built in effects (some really great ones IMO), microphone and the bass is still the fender telecaster (with the guitar to bass effect).

A studio in a pocket.

I like your vocal.

Date: September 17, 2012 09:29

Naturalust
I recently sent 2! units back to them and they repaired the switches with some new revision stuff meant to be more durable, time will tell but they were GREAT about it and didn't charge me a dime for the repairs.
I did a "google" on it last night and was pretty shocked about how many complaints people had about the quality - even the new ones. Sad really since everyone agree that it's an amazing piece of equipment when it works.
Alright, at least they didn't charge you anything to fix yours and that's kudos to them.

If I find a used one for a cheap price I will definitely give it a chance.

Date: September 17, 2012 10:45

I like to play as much off the amp as possible.

However, on stage I use this gear:

Date: September 17, 2012 13:05

DandelionPowderman

LOL, Bard, you are hardcore; such a purist! haha...can you get anymore straight forward than that MXR box? One knob.

Re playing straight from amp - nowadays the new amps have so much f/x, channels, pre-sets already from the get-go.

Date: September 17, 2012 13:21

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

LOL, Bard, you are hardcore; such a purist! haha...can you get anymore straight forward than that MXR box? One knob.

Re playing straight from amp - nowadays the new amps have so much f/x, channels, pre-sets already from the get-go.

He he, you got that right smiling smiley

However, the MXR is really good if you like to solo or play some licks with your rhythm sound (like Keith, for instance). It doesn't distort, and you'll get a slight enhancement in sound.

My Biacrown era Hi-Watt-amp is very short on effects winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-17 13:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 17, 2012 14:52

Some of my gear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-17 14:56 by MingSubu.

Date: September 17, 2012 15:08

Holy Sh*t Ming, do you have enough stompboxes? I see you are into Fulltone too. That has become my choice too. I have the blue distortion and the black Octivider myself. I LOVE the Octivider. I use it as distortion unit. Dont even use the Drive pedal.
Got a Wah Wah (Fulltone), and a EH Phaser. The one box I really love is the UniVibe. Use that the most probably.
Those are nice amps. In Pic #5, what is the sequence of boxes on the floor?
I am always really interested in the way the sequence is laid out.

Date: September 17, 2012 15:55

Clyde(standard) -> PCE Lady Stardust -> Ultimate Octave -> GT500 -> HBE Psilocybe -> DMM -> Whirlwind A/B/Y -> AC15 & Tophat Club Royale

Date: September 17, 2012 16:53

@MingSubu: how many feet do you have?

Date: September 17, 2012 18:39

Lol, I usually don't use more than five, or six. Just like having options and finding new sounds. I do find pedals distract me at times. So...

As of late, straight into an amp. Maybe a boost.

Started taking lessons, I'm self-taught. So I'm focusing on my playing. Once I get to where I want to be. Then I'll start incorporating pedals back into my rig.

Date: September 18, 2012 22:43

Straight into an Amp is the the best path for sure! That covers an awfully lot these days BUT

I once did support for BB King in a university theater back in the 80's. We had a fender twin silver face from the local shop and he just simply turned every knob to 5 , plugged in, adjusted the volume and tone once more to hone in, then played to a packed house.

His tone came from his fingers and his heart. peace

Date: September 18, 2012 23:22

Straight into the amp is my fav too. Maybe only a tuner and booster pedal. I made some pedals myself: fuzz, tremolo, phaser, and it's fun to use those too, only just because you made them yourself. Heck, I get even warm feelings when I use my diy A/B box!

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:32

I have boxes and boxes of effects from 30 years of playing.

not even sure what I have around here.

Date: September 20, 2012 07:44

MingSubu
I'm focusing on my playing. Once I get to where I want to be. Then I'll start incorporating pedals back into my rig.

lol. More like you'll start subtracting pedals from your rig, once you learn how to do it with yer fingers who needs all the tricks? ....peace

Date: September 20, 2012 14:06

Naturalust
MingSubu
I'm focusing on my playing. Once I get to where I want to be. Then I'll start incorporating pedals back into my rig.

lol. More like you'll start subtracting pedals from your rig, once you learn how to do it with yer fingers who needs all the tricks? ....peace

Pedals can be useful to some people. No right, or wrong.

Date: September 20, 2012 18:50

MingSubu
Naturalust
MingSubu

Pedals can be useful to some people. No right, or wrong.

Yes of course I wasn't trying to insinuate a moral conflict here. I just find that, expecially in a band setting, the pedals tend to muddy the natural mix of instruments and can more easily detract from the song than add to it.

That being said, I couldn't live without my MXR Dyna comp, or perform solo without a couple of Line 6 DL4's to loop some backing tracks on the fly. Here is a simle recording done with two tracks of acoustic guitar and a vocal. peace

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: September 21, 2012 03:33

Pedals or No Pedals both are good, depending on what you are going for or feeling like.

I like pedals sometime just as another creative tool, if its fun its good.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home