Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
stones to tour!
Posted by: masha ()
Date: February 4, 2009 10:54

just heard on radio stones to tour america!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: stones to tour!
Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: February 4, 2009 10:56

With Davy Jones as a lead guitarist?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2009 11:05

Oh good...Bus or Rickshaw???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: February 4, 2009 11:22

Had to Google that Rockman ;-)

But no, I've read in the Mirror they will drive a Vélocipede-tandem-train with Cohl at the steering wheel. The press conference will be held while touring Golden Gate Bridge, followed by a little d-tour to pick up Ronnie at the day nursery.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2009 12:05

I am already in line for tickets!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 4, 2009 12:16

Just got mine. Front row at MSG. I have a spare if anyone wants one! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: February 4, 2009 12:43

Apparently there's an article in the Daily Express (page 20) - but i don't have a copy to hand to check this.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 4, 2009 13:06

"yesterday's papers"?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 4, 2009 13:14

Tickets are £10

support act is THe Beatles

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: February 4, 2009 13:41

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: February 4, 2009 14:37

I heared tickets for Germany will be available next monday. Tour start is roumored to be at Münsingen, little town 50 km south of Stuttgart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-04 14:37 by RollingStonesFan.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2009 14:53

LastStopThisTown
Apparently there's an article in the Daily Express (page 20) - but i don't have a copy to hand to check this.

the article isnt online as yet, but it does indeed quote a 'close source' as saying that they have a 'good offer' to tour the US later this year and are planning to do so.

That said, a lot of the article seems to be a case of putting two and two together and making five. It basically suggests that its only really coming about because Ronnie is available due to the Faces not touring (as if that would ever have taken precedence) and that a prime motivation for them touring is Ronnie's financial state. It also tellingly makes no mention of a new record - personally I'd be very surprised if the Stones, after having signed a new contract, would embark on a new tour without some 'product' to promote.

The funniest thing in the whole article was the 'source's remark about how they're in such good health for their age, citing that Keith "only eats organic food" (presumably his vodka is organic as well....)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 4, 2009 14:59

pure rubbish

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:00

This one, Gazza? [www.express.co.uk]

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:08

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:21

All the big acts are on tour this year - U2, Springsteen, AC/DC, Depeche Mode, Madonna... I don't remember a year like that. If the Stones would announce a tour later this year, the tickets would really not sell well I am affraid. It is not very wise that U2 still didn't announce the tour, Springsteen - or his management - was wise to do it fast. And then there will be a "weak" year 2010, when the Rolling Stones can jump in easily. Just my opinion, I think it makes sence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-04 15:22 by Happy24.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:31

2010, a "weak" year?
Well, ACDC will have ended the Black Ice tour by then, but U2 will probably be touring over both 2009 and 2010. Metallica will also be still touring in 2010.
And there will be a lot more bands : Aerosmith + Prince will release albums and probaly tour. Just to name a few.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:39

...if this is true, then it explains why Ronnie was is Amsterdam for a Stones meeting a week or so ago. No doubt the others were there too.

50:50 chance I think.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:51

Doc
2010, a "weak" year?

You are right, "weak" was not the best word, but I just guess that 2009 is already full, it would be quite difficult to add another big act as the Stones. Surely not impossible, just difficult. Let's wait and see.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:51

"A source close to the band" - UUGH!
Ronnie hard up - don't believe it
Keith - organic meals, as above, if true it could be BECAUSE he has a health problem, i.e not out of choice.
The only point of touring would be to promote the Universal repackage (released at the same time?)
I'm not convinced

Date: February 4, 2009 15:54

Sohoe
This one, Gazza? [www.express.co.uk]

Thats it - yes. It wasnt online when I checked a couple of hours ago.

ContactMusic as usual distort someone else's story for their own ends, and their headline suggests that its Ronnie who is pushing the band to tour.

As if Mick and Keith are going to decide what to do just because Ronnie thinks its a good idea.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 4, 2009 15:56

Sure wont be a off year for me! The Stones are about the only Arena band I would go see anyway-everyone else I can see in clubs or small venues. Thats how putrid the music scene is to me(but I'm just an old fart!)

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 4, 2009 16:25

I thought U2 and the Stones shared support crews(roadies) and that they cannot tour at the same time ?

US Tour 2009
Posted by: cinema ()
Date: February 4, 2009 16:26

[www.mtv.co.uk]

Rock Legends are reported to be gearing up for live shows…

Rock Legends The Rolling Stones look set to announce a 2009 US tour. According to reports by the Daily Express newspaper, the band are likely to hit the road before the end of the year.

A source told the tabloid that the veteran rockers have been offered millions to perform a series of live shows stateside “It’s a good offer… they may be well into their 60s but the lads can still out-rock most of the bands around today.”

The news will excite the Stones’ massive fan base, particularly because many were disappointed that guitarist Ronnie Wood may not get the chance to play alongside Rod Stewart on a Faces reunion tour this year.

Last month a spokesperson for Rod Stewart said that there are no plans for a tour this year, thus, freeing up Ronnie play for The Stones.

The Rolling Stones have toured pretty much non stop over the past couple of decades and their last two year extravaganza, The Bigger Bang world tour, grossed $558,255,524 worldwide.

Date: February 4, 2009 16:58

I hope they tour.. I'm bored..

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 4, 2009 17:06

LSTNT
I thought U2 and the Stones shared support crews(roadies) and that they cannot tour at the same time ?

I checked the official U2 WEBSITE and its not much better than the Stones'
No tour dates mentioned - unless I missed them

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2009 17:14

When was the last time Mick and Keith actually talked to each other?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: February 4, 2009 17:24

sweetcharmedlife
When was the last time Mick and Keith actually talked to each other?

I guess it was at London, August 26th, 2007.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 4, 2009 17:30

Maybe it'll be a tour with deluxe merch - extra tracks, they'll show live videos from the 74, 79 and 84 Euro tours...play outtakes...perform a 12" version of Miss You...

Date: February 4, 2009 17:34

LSTNT

Some of their crew are shared, but they can and have toured at the same time. Both of them toured the US in late 2005.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home