Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What on Ya-Ya's is overdubbed?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:18

Doxa
MILKYWAY
Sorry for the delay. A release of the full concert is forthcoming.

This is quite news, if true. And hidden here..

Something for the 60th Annniversary? Mick and Keith okayed it, since there probably is something else from ABKCO era they might use for their own upcoming Anniversary releases?

- Doxa

"There's talk behind the scenes..." read more

HERE

It's in my second reply.

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: November 12, 2021 16:17

MILKYWAY
frankotero
MILKYWAY
Sorry for the delay. A release of the full concert is forthcoming

Way to stir it up man.smiling smiley

Sadly, I can’t say more. I am as anxious as the next 1969 tour fan.

EDIT: There’s a few posters on this site a lot more familiar about 1969 tour and stuff related to it than me. Maybe they feel more comfortable giving info.

I don't think we are so anxious about 69 tour expertise. It's the knowledge of ABKCO (?) releases of complete 1969 concert(s).

And so far you are the only one who has posted about that. Or did I miss something?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2021 16:21

retired_dog
Doxa
MILKYWAY
Sorry for the delay. A release of the full concert is forthcoming.

This is quite news, if true. And hidden here..

Something for the 60th Annniversary? Mick and Keith okayed it, since there probably is something else from ABKCO era they might use for their own upcoming Anniversary releases?

- Doxa

"There's talk behind the scenes..." read more

HERE

It's in my second reply.

thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 12, 2021 17:13

DandelionPowderman
And the video songs are definitely not overdubbed smiling smiley

Prodigal Son is a pain to listen to, and eventually they just cut it short because of Keith's out of tune guitar.

It's a good box set just the same thumbs up

Your take on this is interesting. Since first watching the video of this on the expanded Ya Yas (and hearing the dry mono soundboard from the 69RSTRAX released at the end of 2019), my interpretation was that Keith screwed up and ended Prodigal Son prematurely thinking the tune was over (?). You then see Jagger on the video saying something to Keith...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-12 17:15 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 12, 2021 17:23

Yep, out of tune AND keith f*ck up !
There was one more verse to go...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 12, 2021 18:06

I was actually just listening to this yesterday (regular album plus box set extras). I didn't notice anything particularly bad about those bonuses, which I imagine aren't touched up in any way like the album is. I actually thought to myself at the time that maybe they didn't need to touch anything up because bonuses like Prodigal sounded great! Maybe I wasn't listening as intently? Or that the audio is better than the video. I've actually never watched the DVD that came with the box.

Date: November 12, 2021 19:19

RollingFreak
I was actually just listening to this yesterday (regular album plus box set extras). I didn't notice anything particularly bad about those bonuses, which I imagine aren't touched up in any way like the album is. I actually thought to myself at the time that maybe they didn't need to touch anything up because bonuses like Prodigal sounded great! Maybe I wasn't listening as intently? Or that the audio is better than the video. I've actually never watched the DVD that came with the box.

It's the version on the dvd that is bad. The audio version is fantastic.

Posted by: ChrisM42 ()
Date: November 12, 2021 19:53

The source of the original research completed in the 1990's

[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

Chris M.

chrism42@aol.com

Posted by: ChrisM42 ()
Date: November 12, 2021 19:58

Please Note: I have modified my thinking on Stray Cat Blues and Baltimore based on a recording that became available after my work listening to the music and transcribing the vocals to place the sources based on audience recordings.

So, Stray Cat Blues is: MSG 11/28/69 1st Show by process of elimination.

Thanks as always for the feedback,

Chris M.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 12, 2021 20:20

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

It's the version on the dvd that is bad. The audio version is fantastic.

Guess I'll have to watch the DVD!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 12, 2021 20:28

TravelinMan
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
Who cares if Jagger overdubbed some vocals.The fact is the instruments other than the rhythm guitar on Carol have no overdubs. And it is hardly noticeable.

And on Little Queenie.

And Stray Cat.

Mathijs

The overdubs don’t do much but add a crunchier rhythm guitar. Doesn’t make the album nor change its legacy, not even close.

Exactly, and I really think that it is time for a legitimate box set of all the MSG shows from 69 to be released warts and all. I know Jagger is a perfectionist when it comes to how he/and the band want to be presented, but the dry mono soundboard 69RSTRAX reveal that even with the blemishes (original vocals, and minus other instrumental embellishments etc), these recordings nonetheless still demonstrate the raw power, passion and energy of a re-born Rolling Stones in concert at the top of their game! Just my two cents.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-12 20:32 by Sighunt.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 13, 2021 00:02

Sighunt
TravelinMan
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
Who cares if Jagger overdubbed some vocals.The fact is the instruments other than the rhythm guitar on Carol have no overdubs. And it is hardly noticeable.

And on Little Queenie.

And Stray Cat.

Mathijs

The overdubs don’t do much but add a crunchier rhythm guitar. Doesn’t make the album nor change its legacy, not even close.

Exactly, and I really think that it is time for a legitimate box set of all the MSG shows from 69 to be released warts and all. I know Jagger is a perfectionist when it comes to how he/and the band want to be presented, but the dry mono soundboard 69RSTRAX reveal that even with the blemishes (original vocals, and minus other instrumental embellishments etc), these recordings nonetheless still demonstrate the raw power, passion and energy of a re-born Rolling Stones in concert at the top of their game! Just my two cents.....
Yeah!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 13, 2021 01:31

ChrisM42
Please Note: I have modified my thinking on Stray Cat Blues and Baltimore based on a recording that became available after my work listening to the music and transcribing the vocals to place the sources based on audience recordings.

So, Stray Cat Blues is: MSG 11/28/69 1st Show by process of elimination.

Thanks as always for the feedback,

Chris M.

You do a great job!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home