Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Semi OT: Cancer
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:32

I will try to place this posting in context so that it is not all about me.

A week ago, I was hospitalized to have a biopsy performed on my tongue, and to have a tracheotomy (a tube in my throat to facilitate breathing). A mysteriously swelling of my tongue was beginning to block my airway, so I got a trach --rhymes with "brake"-- so I can breathe, and a G-tube into my stomach so I can eat.

The pathology report showed that I have cancer, and treatment is imminent. One of the treatment strategies is to remove my tongue, although that is worse-case scenario.

I've had a week to absorb the news. You can read more in my blog: [pospedpaul.blogspot.com]

A question for the Stones community:

What kind of cancer did (does?) Charlie have? Can someone point me to the full story?

As a Stones fan, I've always held my tongue (and others') in high regard. I sure don't want to lose mine.

Re: Semi OT: Cancer
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:46

Best wishes Monkeylad.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:47

You are in my prayers.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:47

I am truely sorry to hear this, Monkeylad. My thoughts are with you and I know you'll make it out of this strong and healthy. God bless.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:51

Sorry I don't have info on Charlie's cancer, but I wish you the best, Monkeylad.

Posted by: wantedman09 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:53

Monkeylad,
First off, my sincere thoughts and prayers are
with you...

I believe C had cancer in his lymph nodes and had them removed.

"Charlie Watts has told how treatment for throat cancer left him paralysed.
The Rolling Stones drummer had his lymph nodes removed after he was diagnosed with the disease in June this year.
The 64-year-old is quoted in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: "When they do that the muscles go. You can't lift your arm. It's like being paralysed. It was a worry because of what I do for a living."
The rocker revealed he was still recovering from radiotherapy treatments when he flew to Canada to rehearse for the Bigger Bang tour.
He is quoted in Britain's Daily Express newspaper as saying: "I was 50 per cent fit when I arrived in Toronto. We had to tour and I didn't know if I could get through a song. You can't stop once you get going if you are a drummer."
Watts, who hasn't smoked since the 1960s, added: "I really didn't know if I could make it but it's amazing how quickly your body heals."
The musician believes he is clear of the disease following treatment at London's Royal Marsden Hospital.
Fellow Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have said they were confident their bandmate would win his cancer battle.
Richards is quoted in Britain's The Sun newspaper as saying: "There was no doubt Charlie would beat it. When he came back he looked exactly the same - like he's just combed his hair and put a suit on."
Copyright 2005 BANG Media International"

FIGHT ON, MonkeyLad! Don't let the fkers WIN!
Kick it, get well and I'll buy the first round!

Charlie in Austin, TX

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:04

Monkeylad keep your head high. You're in my prayers. Charlie is evidence that cancer can be beat.
Tommy

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:10

sucks you have to go through that. i suspect you won't have to lose your tongue...i would do as much nutritional support as possible - read about healing through diet. buy a juicer and a little book on juice recipes and immerse yourself in health.

i heard throat cancer with charlie - don't know about his lymph node status but usually lymph node involvement suggests that the cancer has spread from it's original site.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:26

Monkeylad - am very sorry you've had this news. But I've read your blog, and you have a great spirit, which will be so important. I agree with little queenie too - strengthen your body and your cells as much as you can to support the treatment that you will be receiving. Nutrition is important, and traditional Chinese medicine can also help, complementing our western medicine. But... you were asking on your blog for information on Scarf Chic. Laddie... you should remember... always look to The Master. Strength to ya!

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:22

Good luck. I wish you all the best.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: January 23, 2009 08:34

Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement. You all make me confident that I'll beat this cancer and be stronger for having done so. I truly value the support!

Monkeylad

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: January 23, 2009 09:11

Wish you all of the best. Think good and positive thoughts.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:25

best wishes, mate

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:16

Your blog title says it all - Think Positive! Keep that sense of humour going and note what LQ and STG say about nutrition etc. Take care and all the best for a swift recovery.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:44

I believe the worst thing is when people thinkin' begin spin in negative circles.
But always fulfil your medical schedule; still keep on fighting!

I will pray for you, Monkeylad! After all we are brothers smiling smiley ..

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:50

My best wishes go to you Monkeylad, fight hard and try to be as possitive as possible. You will do it.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:58

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 14:35 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 23, 2009 13:05

Hang in there, there's a strong community here wishing you the best

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 23, 2009 15:59

I'm thinking positive thoughts for you.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: January 23, 2009 16:56

I was diagnosed with cancer april28th last year. they found a tumour at opening of stomach. Chemo give me chance of surgery, there was serious (non cancer related) complications that made things touch and go for a while but they have confirmed that the surgery got all the cancer, still recovering but on the right path. Staying positive is very important and support invaluable. STAY STRONG.

GOOD VIBES GOING YOUR WAY

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:25

Best wishes from me.

All the best.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:40

Wish you all the best,Monkeylad
Power and strength
smiling smiley

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: January 23, 2009 19:09

Best wishes,everything will be ok

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 23, 2009 20:23

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Nanker - keep it up!

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: January 23, 2009 21:45

Good luck, man, hope you can always think psoitve under the circs, and keep a healthy diet!!!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 23, 2009 21:57

About two years' ago, a close friend of mine, Vinny, had a large swelling in the side of his neck which turned out to be cancer. Although it was successfully removed, it was discovered that this was "secondary", with the main problem being in the tongue.

Like yourself, he had exactly the same dilemna.

However, the hospital, by deciding to use a course of radiation, has, over several months, managed to remove ALL of it. He has been back in work for quite some time now, suffered no hairloss or any other signs of "wear and tear", and has even began light jogging.

So don't be worrying too much yet!!

It CAN be sorted!

Go to it, my man!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2009 22:09

Good luck with your treatment, and stay positive.

Hopefully it'll work out for you like it did for Logie's mate and Nanker Phlegm.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 23, 2009 23:00

This all makes for truely saddening reading.

All the best and I just hope everything goes OK

Alex

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: January 23, 2009 23:38

I can only underscore what others have said; all the best for you

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: January 23, 2009 23:52

I wish you the best!
Remember that the most people survives cancer.
I hope you´re one of them, you seems to be a strong person!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home