Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT - Springsteen Hating
Posted by: aerorock ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:18

I think the amount of people hating on Bruce here is crazy.... Bruce is without a doubt in the legendary league of rock musicians like the stones... give these an honest listen, and tell me he's not great

Re: OT - Springsteen Hating
Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:21

I like his first albums in the 70's....great music!

But when he came up with Born In the USA, I could not stand that FM-middle of the road sound....

I also think that when he sings, it's like he has something stick in his @#$%&....I don't know how to put it....

The Boss...yeah

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:24

hating is a strong word.

i agree with the above poster - he lost it very early in his career.

his "macho mugging" persona is very irritating. not saying i don't think he has talent....but he makes me uncomfortable to watch...and sometimes to listen to. i think it must be the same for a lot of people - i don't know many people personally who like his music...

different strokes for different folks....

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:25

I really like Bruce

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:40

he's an entitled whining worthy hammed up near talentless hack. he is rock n rolls answer to the chick flick.

OLDKR

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:43

Although I don't have any album of him he's not that bad, actually I think he's good

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:46

Talentless Hack?????? OLDKR please tell me your kidding.

Bruce is a great song writer and composer
Great Guitarist
Piano
Harmonica

but he is talentless??????

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:48

Ok, OLDKR, tell us what you really think. eye rolling smiley

Oh, well, it's good to see that the slagging is directed towards artists other than the Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

I like Bruce's music, you don't. Thank you and goodnight.

Posted by: aerorock ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:51

good to see him get some support.... I'm tempted to say that as far as the "big" acts go... theres nobody that is going to pour out more sweat and effort in a show to give your money's worth than the boss

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:53

In my opinion, Bruce is one of THE all-time greats, and arguably the greatest live act in the world.

The new album sounds a bit dodgy, mind.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:53

Imho the guy is OK but his band is of semi-amateur level : they play too much all the time. Learn to play only the notes that are necessary.
Plus their stage antics (as I have seen them on the "Live In Barcelona" DVD) are RIDICULOUS ("we're all bros and sis. Can you feel it in the audience?" Me I don't). I much prefer the stone-faceness of B.Wyman.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 18, 2009 23:55

There aren't many artists whom get any credit on this board. In all honesty this board can be fairly musically xenophobic.

Mathijs

Date: January 19, 2009 00:07

I like Dylan, ACDC, Neil Young, Tool, Izzy Stardlin and many others...

Dylan once said about Brooce sth like this : "his motivations are OK but his path is wrong".
I don't think ypu should try to jerk-off your audience, you should play to yourself and for yourself (like Bob does).

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 19, 2009 00:10

Bruce is one of the best writers/musicians of all time. He's a giving person, gave lots to different charities.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 19, 2009 00:12

i like the rosalita clip--i think the other one is for the birds

it's weird--his working man stuff was so based on his persona that when he got MEGA it seemed phony to me--a disconnect

Date: January 19, 2009 00:12

Plus the way the Republicans hijacked his song "Born In The Usa" proves there's something intrinsically wrong in what he does. He let his public character become a part of (right-wing) Americana even though he is himself somewhat left-wing.

Maybe Bruce's just a nice boy who cant say "no @#$%& you" :-)

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: January 19, 2009 00:18

He's overated and overhyped, Landau and his flunkies from day one were calling him the next Dylan. Sorry not even close.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 19, 2009 00:39

a quote i've used before - a buddy of mine once said..."bruce is okay, but he's no bob........seger. 'nuff said.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: January 19, 2009 00:56

I like Bruce still. Some. I used to worship the ground he walks on. His best stuff early on is an illustration of how you can get by on literally having more passion than ANYONE else. Is any of his stuff melodically inventive? No, I don't think so. Is it bordeline maudlin in a way no one else would dare do? Yes, often. But he's so, so SO damn passionate, relentlessly so, all the time, that he has triumphed over every melodic and technical shortcoming he's ever had. I understand why he's not some peoples' cuppa tea anymore though. But he can still move me here and there. "You're Missing" and "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" hooked me. So there's life in him yet.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:07

They crawl out of the woodwork and pile on their cr*p
You haven't changed
But all your friends are now listenin' to rap
And they all hate you
For making money while they stay caught in a trap

It must be a sin
For being rich
Fame and fortune
Yeah it can be a b*tch

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:28

IMHO Bruce is the only artist that gives the Stones a run for their money,great songwritter,musician,and a huge talent,and can sell as many stadiums or more than the Stones. To hate Bruce is crazy..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: January 19, 2009 01:34

i don't get it--why is it "springsteen hating" for people to criticize he guy or genuinely not like him/his music? these are just matters of opinion, that all--get over it

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:36

Mathijs
There aren't many artists whom get any credit on this board. In all honesty this board can be fairly musically xenophobic.

Mathijs

Especially you with The Stones.

Date: January 19, 2009 01:46

and please don't forget--springsteen's politics turn off a lot of people--not even the side he takes as much as the fact that he takes a public side at all--many people want their music free from political posturing, even if they agree with the stance--and sorry, but The Boss doth protest too much for many

i have an old friend--BIG singer in a HUGE 70's/80's arena band--i remember once in the early 80s after a show at Brendan Byrne arena, backstage at dinner--someone says to him, "you ought to start taking stances on stage for what you believe in--you have the power--they'll listen to you!"

he said:
1. just because i have a mic doesn't mean i have a right to do that to people--they didn't come here for that and i'm not abusing the privilege of having an audience
2. what the f--- do i know?
3. about half that crowd is democrat, about half is republican--why chase away maybe half of our audience?

right on.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:51

oldkr
he's an entitled whining worthy hammed up near talentless hack.

OLDKR

Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: January 19, 2009 02:01

John Fogerty is the great American songwriter IMO

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 19, 2009 02:29

I listened to it and hes not great IMHO.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: January 19, 2009 02:32

aerorock
give these an honest listen, and tell me he's not great

he's not great.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 19, 2009 03:06

I like the Stones, AC/DC, Springsteen (but only WITH the E Strett Band). I like U2 and Queen (pre 1980).
Can't Stand the Dead, heck, I even liked the BeeGees until SNF.
It's all a matter of how the music of these bands affect us.
I understand how anybody can like or dislike any artist (with maybe a few exceptions). Our brains are all wired differently. Imagine how boring life would be if we all liked the exact same things.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 19, 2009 03:56

Some of the best studio songs and, especially, live shows EVER.

If you're even posting here hating, you haven't seen him with the E Street Band. Ya don't know what you're missin'.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home