Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT - Springsteen Hating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2009 15:37

stop hating on the boss, do you know he has SILVIO DANTE working for him ?i would not mess with SILVIO !

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 20, 2009 15:45

The Greek - I don't hate him. i love his music and think that after the Stones he is the best live act out there i just hate the politics.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 20, 2009 15:45

For years people have been making fun of Mick & Keith...saying that they
have become caricatures of their former selves. This could easily be
said of Bruce too. It's like an old guy putting on a Bruce SPringsteen
costume. He's aging more gracefully than some but...

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 20, 2009 15:56

The Greek
stop hating on the boss, do you know he has SILVIO DANTE working for him ?i would not mess with SILVIO !

I'd be worried if it was Paulie. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 20, 2009 16:24

I wonder if Steven got to keep the hairpiece?

Date: January 20, 2009 18:02

i heard a interview with steven van zandt and he was asked if it was easy to channel SILVIO just prior to filming scenes for the SOPRANOS and steven van zandt ansewred that when he put the suit on and came out of the trailer he was SILVIO DANTE .look out !!!

Date: January 20, 2009 21:45

I don't hate him. I just find him boring.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 20, 2009 22:13

Ok, are you finished? Good! Then maybe we can talk about his music? Outlaw Pete is - as I see it - a return to the rock opera...Born to run, Jungleland and the 75-78 stuff. Eight minutes of things changing...One problem only...Gene Simmons won´t look too kindly on the I was made for loving...thing in this piece. Otherwise...I love it! That´s my honest opinion. Now - let me hear yours! SMILE!!!

Date: January 20, 2009 23:04

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 20, 2009 23:10

Bjorn
Ok, are you finished? Good! Then maybe we can talk about his music? Outlaw Pete is - as I see it - a return to the rock opera...Born to run, Jungleland and the 75-78 stuff. Eight minutes of things changing...One problem only...Gene Simmons won´t look too kindly on the I was made for loving...thing in this piece. Otherwise...I love it! That´s my honest opinion. Now - let me hear yours! SMILE!!!

Honest to god, I thought "Outlaw Pete" is one of the most overwrought, ridiculous things I've ever heard. I shudder with embarrassment thinking about it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 20, 2009 23:24

sweet neo con

41 shots is a true story. Bush is an ass....and Grass should be legalized. Next?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 20, 2009 23:25

Ok, R! I hear you.

Date: January 21, 2009 00:10

I'm sure Springsteen's take on 41 shots is only his side of it. There are two sides to every story.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 21, 2009 00:12

There are. Both are contained in the same song. Unfortunately most people dont get past the title.

The Stones' "Heartbreaker" which deals with a similar scenario is actually much more one sided.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 00:18 by Gazza.

Date: January 21, 2009 00:20

Gazza - is Heatbreaker actually about a real incident???

Date: January 21, 2009 00:23

Could be. The two stories related would hardly be unusual occurrences in any country after all. Even if its apocryphal or based loosely on a real event, it still makes a hard-hitting point.

'41 shots' actually sympathises with the dilemma the cop finds himself in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 01:03 by Gazza.

Date: January 21, 2009 03:54

Gazza - I pspoke out of turn. I have not listened to it in a while so I gave it a spin and yes I see that. I don't like the song that's why I never really listened.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:12

ah yes, I remember the furor over "41 Shots"... the kneejerk negative reaction in venues like the NYC tabloids was incredible (and this was before Sept. 11...). Then again, Bruce might only have himself to blame for courting the parochial, small-town mentality with his image-making on Born in the USA (though those songs were more complex than they were received as well).

as I recall, it was right after he released that song that he reunited with the E-Street Band for a tour, and did the song live. Has he played it on any tours since?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:17

some people have first impressions of an artist (dont like their voice, the way they dance etc..) and don't bother listening to all their music.
I didn't like Bruce too much at first but I listened to more of his music and quite enjoyed what i heard....he's very good but maybe slightly over-rated.

Mind you, if he sung a duet with Mick or Keith some people on this board would start to adore him....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:21

Eleanor Rigby
some people have first impressions of an artist (dont like their voice, the way they dance etc..) and don't bother listening to all their music.
I didn't like Bruce too much at first but I listened to more of his music and quite enjoyed what i heard....

that's true - that's happened with me many times. with bruce, though, it was the complete opposite experience - the more i listened, the less i liked, try though i may...

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 21, 2009 10:01

I can't stand Bruce Springsteen

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: January 21, 2009 11:24

It's an amazing artist and the best live act (with the e estreet band)

The first song of the new album "Outlaw pete" it's great

<

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 21, 2009 13:05

Eleanor Rigby

Mind you, if he sung a duet with Mick or Keith some people on this board would start to adore him....

Didn't he sing "Come together" with Mick (and other artists) in some "Rck 'n Roll Hall of Fame" Jam a few years ago?

Date: January 21, 2009 13:41

oldkr
he's an entitled whining worthy hammed up near talentless hack. he is rock n rolls answer to the chick flick.

OLDKR

worst post ever

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 21, 2009 15:00

goingmad
It's an amazing artist and the best live act (with the e estreet band)

The first song of the new album "Outlaw pete" it's great

<

It's a rip-off of KISS' I Was Made For Loving You.

Date: January 21, 2009 15:09

i saw bruce once solo, and once with the e street band .let me tell you this guy puts on a show wow, and the e street band is awesome . bruce is right there with dylan and neil young .MASTER POET LAUREATE of our generation and above all else a great storyteller with music .pure genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 21, 2009 15:35

Wild Slivovitz
Eleanor Rigby

Didn't he sing "Come together" with Mick (and other artists) in some "Rck 'n Roll Hall of Fame" Jam a few years ago?

No...he did an improvised 'Come Together' with Axl Rose at the ceremony in 1994. The jam with Mick, Dylan and others was at the 1988 ceremony.

there's been quite a few of those superstar bunfights at those gigs down the years. They invariably are a bit of a mess, to be honest. I blame Paul Shaffer.

Date: January 21, 2009 16:44

Oh...don't blame Paul Schaffer! winking smiley The mess adds to the charm.

Howdy Gazza...been away the last few days?
I noticed you didn't chime-in on the Bruce threads until yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 16:47 by sweet neo con.

Date: January 21, 2009 17:43

Everyone's entitled to their own personal taste so hardly worth getting worked up about. So much bullshit to wade through to bother with for the most part.. its more amusing than anything else, actually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 17:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: Brano ()
Date: January 21, 2009 17:52

I don't hate him, but don't like him too much either. To me his biggest problem is that he looks so fake, even more than Bono (but Bono at least made better music). Most of his live performances/videos are embarassing to watch for me (especially those 80s/early 90s shows). He comes out dressed as a factory worker and starts singing with some angry righteous face grinning, then some fist clenching, tears ready to burst, and then he finishes it off with a little happy dance. Maybe he really isn't a phony but he sure leaves that impression with me and that's why I can't resonate with a single verse he sings.

And yeah, catchy melodies. It doesn't seem he can write many of those.

Overall, IMO good artist but doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dylan, Young and some others. Ooops, I just did that.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home