Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Track Talk: Bitch
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 6, 2021 13:13

JakeA
video: [www.youtube.com]

Here`s a good proof that MT can play aggressively is he wants. Rhythm guitar on Live with me is played exatcly same style as on Bitch.
And if you listen Bitch, extented versions ending and Live with me´s third verse there is almost same guitar riffs on both tracks.
In think case is closed

His playing in the second verse is exactly what I mean: no doubt it's great playing, but it is subdued, with lots of palm muted strokes. It's behind the beat, not pushing forward. It's the sound that is aggressive, which likely is just the studio compressor being pushed to its limits during mixing, but the playing is not at all like the main riff of Bitch.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-06 16:02 by Mathijs.

Date: January 6, 2021 13:57

Gimme Shelter Philly 1972 is a better example, Taylors counterpart during the verses. Timing almost ahead of Charlie, almost same scratch sound and driving the song in an aggressive way. There are more examples if you search the internet, even besides the Stones.

Date: January 6, 2021 14:15

TheflyingDutchman
Gimme Shelter Philly 1972 is a better example, Taylors counterpart during the verses. Timing almost ahead of Charlie, almost same scratch sound and driving the song in an aggressive way. There are more examples if you search the internet, even besides the Stones.

The same note-pattern indeed, but more licks and lead lines complementing Keith's rhythm than a comparison for the rhythm playing on Bitch?

Date: January 6, 2021 14:31

To my ears, yes. Good enough to be Taylor on Bitch. Or Morning Story, Gothenburg '75,almost heavy metal. The loose A string on Bitch doesn't make the difference. Let me put it this way, and then I stop on this subject: There are live tracks (Ya ya's and Brussels) where you hardly hear the difference between Keith and Taylor at moments when they play the same rhythm . Why not on Bitch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-06 14:43 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: January 6, 2021 15:08

TheflyingDutchman
To my ears, yes. Good enough to be Taylor on Bitch. Or Morning Story, Gothenburg '75,almost heavy metal. The loose A string on Bitch doesn't make the difference. Let me put it this way, and then I stop on this subject: There are live tracks (Ya ya's and Brussels) where you hardly hear the difference between Keith and Taylor at moments when they play the same rhythm . Why not on Bitch?

For me, there's a notable difference between them - mainly in how they use their right hand.

Date: January 6, 2021 23:58

DandelionPowderman

For me, there's a notable difference between them - mainly in how they use their right hand.

I notice some similarities as well. Great guitar team, to me the best the Stones ever had.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 7, 2021 04:58

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

The same note-pattern indeed, but more licks and lead lines complementing Keith's rhythm than a comparison for the rhythm playing on Bitch?

Taylor wouldn't be playing like that on a record. He could get away with it live, but the studio is a different ballgame.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 7, 2021 05:22

The Stones like it! It's on MADE IN THE SHADE, which it absolutely should be. It's on TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE, which is a fantastic comp. It made it on JUMP BACK and it's update, HONK.

It's also on SINGLES 1968-1971.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home