Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RollingStones.com membership
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: January 8, 2009 15:42

I was surprised to see this message in my inbox as I have not been on the RS site in eons. Is there a charge for this?

Greetings,

Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed. We look forward to spending another exciting your on-line together.

Username: xxxxxxxxxxx
RollingStones.com Membership: Virtual Ticket Account
Next Renewal Date: 01/08/10

If you have any questions, please visit [www.RollingStones.com]

Cheers,
RollingStones.com

Re: RollingStones.com membership
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 8, 2009 15:48

You are screwed. Not only are they most likely doing to charge you but, that being the case if that is correct you just paid for a whole lot of nothin'!

But really, I don't know.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 8, 2009 16:20

My "legacy platinum" membership renewed automatically in August, costing me $100. I was pretty sure that there would be a tour this year. Damn.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 8, 2009 16:21

yeah, the automatic renewals cost the same as the "deliberate" renewals.
but if you cancel it right away, they'll refund the money.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 8, 2009 16:29

Well, I started my membership by writing a number of my ticket in 2006. It was supposed to be for 1 year. Yet I still have the membership (I guess, haven't tried in a very long time) and I recived that message as well. But they can not charge me, I never payed anything and they don't have any number of my card or anything. Anyone else has this "problem"? :-)
To be honest, during those 2,5 years I spent maybe 30 minutes in the "members only" section. It is quite useless really. There is much more interesting stuff here...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 8, 2009 16:40

smile: well, if it's a free membership that's renewing, and the charge for the automatic renewal costs the same,
they should still refund the 0 fee if you cancel it. :E

in other words: sorry, i didn't read the original post too thoroughly!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:13

yea same deal I did it with my ticket number in 05 and still can log on. They don't have my info, so they can't charge me.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:21

that's what I was hoping, I can't recall if they have credit info from me or not...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:24

Turner
that's what I was hoping, I can't recall if they have credit info from me or not...

check the "my account" tab to find out...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:33

I got the same damn thing today.

A few months ago I thought I cancelled my two paying memberships by calling them (on the advice of Gazza who gave me all contact info inc fone #).

They did it right away over the phone (and I know that on one of them, I was quite close to renewal time) and they refunded both 100 fees which actually showed up rather quickly as a credit on my credit card account. Couldnt believe it.

Far as I know, I still have at least one free membership.

But this one from today is unclear if it is a renewal of a free one or a paying one.

Guess I will know when I see my statement.

But Gazza has a lot of knowledge about this and how to get your money back. Perhaps he will post here.

And did u notice their slopiness:

We look forward to spending another exciting your on-line together.

maybe they meant they look forward to spending your money.

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:33

why did so many of us all get this e mail from them at the same time??

p

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 8, 2009 17:37

timbernardis
why did so many of us all get this e mail from them at the same time??

p

Hmmm....strange indeed...coincidence? Noooo...there must be something behind it! :-)

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 8, 2009 22:21

Those bastards. I got that e-mail too but I didn't realize they were going to attempt to charge me. Fortunately the card they on file for me is no longer active.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 8, 2009 23:12

Turner

This is the free membership, costs nothing, and doesn't give you any rights to buy tickets, when/if available.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 8, 2009 23:55

Another ploy to sell all that leftover merchandise.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:36

drbryant
My "legacy platinum" membership renewed automatically in August, costing me $100. I was pretty sure that there would be a tour this year. Damn.

same - we can get get refunds though. i need to do that. the membership hasn't helped me since '03.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:10

I also recieved the
"Greetings,
Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed. We look forward to spending another exciting your on-line together [...]"

...can't remember how I got the membership in the first place; if it was a free membership - or if I bought it while getting the Slane Castle ticket.

How does one go abouts to get a refund? Can't find any "get refund"-option at "my account" at RS.com...

First time I visited RScom in over a year

EDIT: Nevermind....following T&A's advice; I see they don't have any card-info on me....thanks heaven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 14:18 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:32

A couple of years ago they changed the default option on everyone's membership to 'auto renewal' - doing so without notifying the members. I mentioned this on here at the time and a lot of people then changed their options to prevent this happening to them in future.

Never ceases to amaze me why people are still willingly giving these con-artists money. Their entire operation is based on deceit and vague half-promises which end up unfulfilled.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:37

Gazza
A couple of years ago they changed the default option on everyone's membership to 'auto renewal' - doing so without notifying the members. I mentioned this on here at the time and a lot of people then changed their options to prevent this happening to them in future.

Never ceases to amaze me why people are still willingly giving these con-artists money. Their entire operation is based on deceit and vague half-promises which end up unfulfilled.

Yes I remember, Gazza - and I did turn the "auto renewal" to OFF - so this a surprise.

...when thinking a bit more; I never did buy a RScom membership, but had to pay an extra fee when getting the Slane ticket from ticketmaster

...and Happy new Year to you

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:39

Who actually runs this scam?
I assume it is endorsed by the Stones and/or their management....otherwise their lawyers would soon be after them, I would have thought.
I mean who/where would you write to if you wished to make a complaint?

Date: January 9, 2009 14:43

Ultrastar run the site. Cohl's son Jake is involved in managing it. And of course its endorsed by the Stones - its their official site.

Addresses and phone numbers are on the site itself - its based on New York

If you need to mail them, write to support@rollingstones.com. Expect an automated reply to begin with, but they'll usually write back in a few days.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:49

I received the mail too.

Greetings,

Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed. We look forward to spending another exciting your on-line together.

Username: ****
Next Renewal Date: 01/09/10

If you have any questions, please visit [www.RollingStones.com]

Cheers,
RollingStones.com

I also suscribed with a ticket concert in 2007,but of course it coasted nothing;
there's so much more interesting stuff here!!

I am wondering if they could use the credit card number I gave to buy stuff on the RS Store?
What do you think?
I can't access to the "my account" part,don't know why..

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:56

My account was automatically renewed as well. However, I checked and:

a) The credit card number attached to my profile has expired - so no transaction on this card anymore, it doesn't show up on my bank account;

b) my account, which originally was a platinum membership, got refunded when I didn't use the code to buy tickets. I also remember turning auto-renewal off once.

Now my account appears as a free membership - as when I log on I am offered to upgrade it to a platinum.

So I'd say free memberships are, as are platinum memberships, set to expire. And auto-renewal is activated for free memberships too, and so they are renewed, for free.

Posted by: exedexes ()
Date: January 11, 2009 14:54

hey drbryant, i saw you're the lucky owner of an exile book....
Have you made some numerised copies of it ?

I would like to buy some scans of this book

Could you help ?

Thank you

Nills

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 11, 2009 15:24

Gazza

Did you get all the beers for warning us?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 21, 2009 15:34

Before more damage is done on people's credit card accounts: Go to MY ACCOUNT on rollingstones.com, and edit the credit card number. Just make up a new number with the right number of digits. This prevents the scoundrels at RS.com from accessing your credit card account without your permission to do so.
Good luck!

Date: January 21, 2009 15:38

Harm
Gazza

Did you get all the beers for warning us?

Nope.

You're all a shower of lying bastards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 15:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 21, 2009 16:44

Addicted
edit the credit card number. Just make up a new number with the right number of digits. quote]

NOW i know who kept charging 100$ from my credit card every fxxxx year!!!
smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 16:46 by farawayeyes2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home