Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I Would Say There's Been a Little Mistake Here: Here is the True King of Rock n Roll !!!
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:00

And his birthday is October 18th!!!

Re: I Would Say There's Been a Little Mistake Here: Here is the True King of Rock n Roll !!!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:05

No he is the creator and Mr Rock and Roll. But Elvis is King.

Re: I Would Say There's Been a Little Mistake Here: Here is the True King of Rock n Roll !!!
Date: January 8, 2009 03:09

creator = God, higher than King.

P

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:12

Don't forget Little Richard!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:18

timbernardis

And his birthday is October 18th!!!

I'm actually on your side this time Plexi. Chuck is the real King of Rock & Roll. Elvis was overrated.drinking smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:42

johnnie johnson

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:48

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 04:10 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:49

Rocket 88 is still considered to be the TRUE first r n r single-hmmm who did it??

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:50

scottkeef
Rocket 88 is still considered to be the TRUE first r n r single-hmmm who did it??

Wasn't that Ike Turner?

Date: January 8, 2009 03:50

scottkeef

Ike Turner?

I've still never heard the original recording.

Date: January 8, 2009 03:51

jackie brentson is the true king of rock and roll! congrats jackie!!

Date: January 8, 2009 03:55

T&A
jackie brentson is the true king of rock and roll! congrats jackie!!

That's right, and Ike appeared on the record as well.

Date: January 8, 2009 03:58

Date: January 8, 2009 03:58

The story is Ike's amp fell and busted the speaker on the way to cut the record-thus you get that fantastic sound! (May be an urban legend) It did carry the name Jackie Brenston but it was Ike Turner's band.
Edith Grove,the original recording is on alot of compilations including the cd
that Keith picked the songs for UNCUT Magazine. Thats the one I have it on!

Date: January 8, 2009 04:02

Thanks T&A!
Thanks scottkeef!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:06

timbernardis

P

Creator of rock n roll?

Nonsense.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:24

fiftyamp
Don't forget Little Richard!

He is the "self-proclaimed King (or is it queen)" of Rock n Roll

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:29

C'mon all! Everyone knows that Johnny Rotten is the King.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:30

ChrisM
C'mon all! Everyone knows that Johnny Rotten is the King.

Hey hey, my my

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 8, 2009 04:43

Jackie Brentson ...
Pretty safe bet Jackie had heard Jimmy Liggin's Cadillac Boogie - 1947
And then The Georgia Peach borrowed Ike's 88 intro for Good Golly Miss Molly ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 8, 2009 04:54

And round and round we go.........................!!

Date: January 8, 2009 05:40

Gazza
timbernardis

P

Creator of rock n roll?

Nonsense.

Gazza - look at second post in this thread.

Grove - no, not the stamp (i would like to have that, tho), I took it from his web site.

Sweet - finally, you've come to your senses!

p

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 8, 2009 06:00

Great as he is, I would not credit Chuck with creating rock and roll. There are a few who pre-date Chuck by a few years such as Ike Turner.

Date: January 8, 2009 07:41

who has been the most influential rock n roller over the years in terms of influence on generations of bands and fans?

p

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 8, 2009 08:27

Now let the huge rocker from Tupelo/Memphis have his birthday
in peace and quiet wherever he is. smileys with beer

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 8, 2009 09:01

Who is the TRUE KING? Not of just rock & roll...everything?

Read the New Testament

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 8, 2009 09:06

Yep True! Berry is The King and The Creator of Rock'n'Roll.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: January 8, 2009 10:16

There's Only One King of Rock'n'Roll - That's Little Richard .spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 8, 2009 10:25

trainarollin
Who is the TRUE KING? Not of just rock & roll...everything?

Read the New Testament

You are a blasphemer. The Divine Being that fits your description is THE PLEXIGLASS ! ! !

Plexi

Verbreitet die gute Nachricht an die Deutschen: DIE PLEXIGLASS GOSPEL!
Check out the Plexiglass Gospel in German on the boards!!

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1000499
[[]]
/

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2009 11:09

As far as I am concerned, the Republic of Rome and French Revolution had the right tactics to deal with the kings... (never understood the need of Americans to cry for kings of this and that...Read the bloody Constitution there and get the moral right!)

RSVP

- Doxa

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home