Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

o/t : Paris hotel
Posted by: Uncle Thud ()
Date: January 4, 2009 23:19

Hope everyone enjoyed / is enjoying the holidays.
My wife and I are taking our first trip to Paris and, as many of you live or have traveled there to see the Stones, I am wondering if you could recommend a nice hotel or B&B.
Something centrally located but NOT touristy, a bit on the quaint / romantic side, quiet, and not too expensive. Minimal English would be fine.
Any thoughts / recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Re: o/t : Paris hotel
Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: January 4, 2009 23:24

I've visited Paris multiple times and I would recommend the Hotel le Royale on the Boulevard Raspail. Here's a website:

[www.hotelleroyal.com]

I found it was reasonably priced, very nice rooms, simple but good breakfast.. It's pretty small and very calm. And it's central enough in my opinion. And there's some nice café's and restaurants around it.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Date: January 5, 2009 00:16

Thanks Simon!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: January 5, 2009 00:19

I really enjoyed Hotel Nestle back in 2000...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 5, 2009 07:30

You might also want to check out Hotel Perreyve, rue Madame near Luxembourg Gardens. www.hotelperreyve.com

Keep us posted. We can fill those great hours in Paris for you. WWW.Frommers.Com
has a great message board...Put Paris in the Search Box.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 5, 2009 07:35

Rick Steves has some great recommendations in the Rue Cler neighborhood and great things to say about that area.

And I know personally there are some at a reasonable rate that he recommends, trying to recall the names.

ricksteves.com

p

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 5, 2009 08:52

There's a rather nice Red Roof Inn off Eifel Blvd.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 5, 2009 08:55

Hotel du Champ De Mars [www.hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com] (super clean, perfect location, beautiful decor, around $100.00 per room/per night) or Hotel Relais Bosquet (bit more expensive - bigger room, one block away from first hotel). Both are on Rue Champ De Mars in the 7th next to the daily fruit, vegetable, meat, cheese, fish, flower, everything else, etc very athentic street market (cobble stones, no cars) on Rue Cler. Check out [www.ruecler.com]

First time visitors to Paris usually don't stay in the 7th cause they think they must stay in the Latin Quarter or the Champs-Elysees area (I should know, I was one of them on my first half dozen trips to Paris till I got lucky and heard about the 7th) which is not PACKED with annoying tourists and over priced food like the Latin Quarter/Champs-Elysees is... see what [www.tripadvisor.com] has to say about all the different districts - there's 20.

Took me almost 20 years to discover the 7th, which has easily convinced me I would never look for a differnet place in any other area in Paris - proper vibe is TOTALLY authentic, nothing beats it.... Great restaurants, Cafes, Bars everywhere, Eiffel Tower a 10 minute walk - check out [www.Paristriptips.com] for massive amounts of info.....the best area in The BEST CITY IN THE WORLD !!! Bon Voyage.....

Date: January 5, 2009 09:02

timbernardis
Rick Steves has some great recommendations in the Rue Cler neighborhood and great things to say about that area.

And I know personally there are some at a reasonable rate that he recommends, trying to recall the names.

ricksteves.com

p

Check it out, what Tim was talking about is what I was talking about --- see it/stay there before it gets too big....... Rick Steves is the man, his favorite country is India and he;s all for legalizing Pot (surprised me too) GO RICK GO, keep finding GEMS like the 7th !!!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 5, 2009 09:10

Area St Georges - Notre Dame De Lorettes is acctually ok.
From there ya can spot the famous windmill & many night flies,
but its actually ok. A few hotels on the east side of the street.
[www.ideamerge.com]

Date: January 5, 2009 09:29

What disrtict is that in BB? Sounds like mucho tourists......

Date: January 5, 2009 09:58

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 09:58 by Baboon Bro.

Date: January 5, 2009 09:58

Good half (English) mile from the tourist hords, Helter..

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 5, 2009 13:32

Thanks HelterSkelter for those great links. Most of the times I've been to Paris I've ended up staying in the Latin Quarters or in the Montmartre area, but next time I'm gonna check out the 7th district.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 5, 2009 17:28

What about the Paris Hilton? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 17:29 by Koen.

Date: January 5, 2009 20:00

Thanks Everyone for all the recommendations!
We're really looking forward to our trip!
I'll let you know where we stay and supply a review.
Thanks again.

UT

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 5, 2009 20:59

Here's a nice map to browse. Click the map to enlarge. I enjoyed the outer arrondissements. The the 15th, 18th, 19th 20th.

[www.plandeparis.info]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home