Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Lou Reed / The Velvet Underground
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 14, 2009 11:04

The best albums:

Transformer
Berlin
Sally canĀ“t dance
Coney Island baby
R&R heart
The Bells
Street hassle
Growing up in public
New sensations
Ecstacy

Smile!

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: January 14, 2009 14:22

My favourite Lou:

1/ The Velvet Underground & Nico
2/ The Velvet Underground
3/ Loaded
4/ 1969 (live)
5/ Transformer
6/ Berlin
7/ Coney Island Baby (special edition including outtakes)
8/ Take No Prisoners (live)
9/ The Blue Mask
10/ New York

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: January 14, 2009 15:08

cc
Zack
I love Lou's first solo album. I don't understand why it's not more popular.

maybe because it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can? And doing inferior versions of songs the Velvet Underground had done wonderfully doesn't help, though at the time few people would have known those alternative versions.

but for me, that's one of his worst albums. Thank goodness Bowie stepped in to really start his career with Transformer. I wonder what would have happened to Lou Reed if Bowie hadn't done that?

I couldn't disagree with you more. The production's nothing to write home about but it's not awful. Besides, none of those VU songs demoed at the Loaded sessions was out at the time, unless I'm mistaken. They were still Lou's songs. I will enjoy this album just the same.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 14, 2009 21:05

Zack
cc
Zack
I love Lou's first solo album. I don't understand why it's not more popular.

maybe because it sounds like it was recorded in a tin can? And doing inferior versions of songs the Velvet Underground had done wonderfully doesn't help, though at the time few people would have known those alternative versions.

but for me, that's one of his worst albums. Thank goodness Bowie stepped in to really start his career with Transformer. I wonder what would have happened to Lou Reed if Bowie hadn't done that?

I couldn't disagree with you more. The production's nothing to write home about but it's not awful. Besides, none of those VU songs demoed at the Loaded sessions was out at the time, unless I'm mistaken. They were still Lou's songs. I will enjoy this album just the same.

well, why do you think it's not more popular then? Or was it a rhetorical question? If you like the album, you're obviously going to "disagree" with whatever reason we can come up with for why others don't like it.

Date: January 14, 2009 23:41

ell I obviously got to get looking again. I really looked good and hard for a while. Lou has always been one of my favorites; and I have always had all his albums on vinyl. But SH and Bells and RRHeart..must check up again.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:47

I did manage to get RNR Heart a year or two ago, a lesser Lou effort, but still worth having.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 16, 2009 07:42

I just checked and both SH and RNRH are available via Amazon.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home