Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Angie Brussels 1973 #1 - best ever Stones performance?
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:20

apologies if this is repeating previous threads, but i believe this performance is simply a masterpiece & the best the Stones have ever produced live with any song.

if you have not heard this song from Brussels first show 1973 - DO SO !!

I'm not a big fan of the studio version, but this live version is brilliant, mainly due to Taylor & Preston solos, but moreso with Jagger's brilliant vocals...he actually puts everything into it....you truly believe what he is singing.

the best.

Re: Angie Brussels 1973 #1 - best ever Stones performance?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:43

I agree with you, Angie has NEVER been done as well as this live again. The 75/76 tour version was just a disaster and the versions from 89 onward while true to the original have never reached the power that the 73 tour version possessed. IMO

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:44

We all Brussels 1973 freaks out here so if someone never heard Angie he me rise

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 31, 2008 18:21

I was there. So it was the greatest !!!!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2008 18:49

Eleanor Rigby
apologies if this is repeating previous threads, but i believe this performance is simply a masterpiece & the best the Stones have ever produced live with any song.

Its an outstanding version for sure but if you fast forward your Brussels CD a little bit you'll soon find what is possibly the greatest live performance of any song in the history of rock 'n' roll.

Clue - it lasts about 13 minutes.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 31, 2008 19:42

Gazza
[Its an outstanding version for sure but if you fast forward your Brussels CD a little bit you'll soon find what is possibly the greatest live performance of any song in the history of rock 'n' roll.

Hmmmm, could it be the only live version of 'Gomper' ever performed which was inexplicably cut from the tape, and not to be heard since?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 31, 2008 19:46

Gazza
Eleanor Rigby

Its an outstanding version for sure but if you fast forward your Brussels CD a little bit you'll soon find what is possibly the greatest live performance of any song in the history of rock 'n' roll.

Amen-brother! And why this 13 minute gem along with the rest of Brussels has never been commercially released makes me scratch my head every time this show is brought up....How much longer do we have to wait? Sad, Sad, Sad.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 31, 2008 19:54

Why this 13 minute gem along with the rest of Brussels has never been commercially released? Good question!

An official release of such dynamite material probably would lead the general public to comparisons with current Stones and consequently would let remarks about current performances of Midnight Rambler and other stuff like "they nailed it ... tonight they played the best version of ... ever!" appear more ridiculous than they already are.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2008 20:03

alimente
Why this 13 minute gem along with the rest of Brussels has never been commercially released? Good question!

An official release of such dynamite material probably would lead the general public to comparisons with current Stones and consequently would let remarks about current performances of Midnight Rambler and other stuff like "they nailed it ... tonight they played the best version of ... ever!" appear more ridiculous than they already are.

I doubt the general public would get too worked up making comparisons.

Other great artists dont seem to have any qualms with releasing vintage performances which would also draw similar comparisons to how the songs are performed 30-40 years later. Dylan's Bootleg Series being a prime example.

Plus, if they were that concerned about some inferiority complex about modern day versions, they would surely be more reluctant to put out a live album from EVERY world tour theyve done since 1975.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2008 20:33

The 73' Brussells performance I would consider as the best ever by any rock band!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 31, 2008 21:14

I have a version of Angie from Brussels 73 that lasts 5 minutes. I suppose it's from the second show. Mick's voice is soar. What is the name of the Bootleg with the first Brussels show on it? The MP3 I have calls the second show "Brussels Affair"
Thank you,
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2008 21:24

I think it's Bedspring Symphony

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 31, 2008 21:28

Thank you slew
Happy new Year!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 31, 2008 21:30

Yes, it's like a three act play. Mick sounds like he's moaning in agony.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home