Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL 2009!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:18

Skipstone - first rule of stand up comedy, NEVER REPEAT THE SAME JOKE TWICE AT THE SAME SHOW. Your shark fin soup joke was funny a few weeks ago, now put it in it's coffin and bury it.....

Baby Boomers squinting? We all get older, it beats the alternative. Tell you one thing, my generation wasn't stupid enough to be sold something (texting) that used to be free (conversation). When your group gets older you won't even remember how to talk to each other (OMG !!! Gimme a keypad to communicate) - see ya' at the local undertaker's skipper me lad.....

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 31, 2008 10:32

HelterSkelter
aerostone
See a lot of you are from europe so you just dont know how important woodstock is.... see The Who play there again would be EPIC

aerostone, why don't you just mellow out, zip the hyper active lip, and stop insulting Europeans with your know nothing comments. Since the average European is about 100 times more aware about EVERYTHING than the average American is I think they KNOW about Woodstock. I usually divide my time between Paris and Los Angeles so I happen to know FIRST HAND through friends and talking to many different informed groups of people, from taxi drivers to people working in restaurants and cafes, not from some stupid anti-European radio talk show with a yapping retard.... Just hush up and LOOK, LISTEN, and LEARN...... I believe it will do you a lot of good ......

I think Chumley here is right regarding the European/American thing.
Johnny Hallyday is better than Elvis Presley.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 31, 2008 10:48

Can't wait to see a crowd of people who want to "live the spirit of '69" again. Will be funny and embarrassing at the same time. Maybe even more embarrassing than seeing all these "Keith Richards circa 1975/76" wannabees at Rolling Stones concerts.

Woodstock '09 will be a desaster. That's fo' sho'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-31 10:49 by Bimmelzerbott.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:04

The only reason Woodstock '99 was a disaster was because of some of the violent acts they booked to appeal to young/rap/hiphop white wannabee kids and they set the location on an old concrete air force field three times further away than Woodstock '69 & '94 from New York City!!

I expect many will bring their kids this time and it will be in a lovely setting and FREE! Free Concerts always brings out good spirits in people!

Be There or Be Square!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:12

DREAMTIME
shortfatfanny
DREAMTIME
Sir Craven of Cottage
Weren't Woodstock 94 and 99 both disasters? Why don't they come up with a new idea rather than re-heating Woodstock.

Woodstock '94 was Great!!

Awesome sets by Metallica, Aerosmith, Green Day & more!!

No fighting or fires on a concrete field like '99

'94 even had Naked Mud Sliding but no Lake for swimming.

Hi Dreamtime,
there´s a possibility to chose the size of the letters.
If you want the black fat option that´s fine but you should take the "normal"
size because leading the blind is one thing but shouting at them a different
one,know what I mean ?
Just have a try...

I DON'T LIKE SQUINTING & WHO IS TO SAY WHAT NORMAL IS? THE ROLLING STONES' FANS ARE OLDER & MOST WEAR GLASSES FOR READING. WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF THE ABOVE WAS THE NORMAL FONT SIZE!! WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WEAR GLASSES!! IT'S LIKE THE LARGE PRINT NEW YORK TIMES. THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ALSO DON'T BUY INTO GEEK CULTURE, AND I AM ONE!

you can always skip the post if it hurts your eyes? is there a rule for when members can use the larger font options? i would use color also but it doesn't seem to work for me.

happy new year.....hot smiley

Glad you got it in the end,DREAMTIME,
and if there are some doubts left,you may have a brief look into the "forum help
and policies section".
If you agree (including that not eveything has to be written with capital letters) I could explain next time the secrets of
the color

...and if you don´t,take this one

But in any way have a nice 2009

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:21

DREAMTIME
The only reason Woodstock '99 was a disaster was because of some of the violent acts they booked to appeal to young/rap/hiphop white wannabee kids and they set the location on an old concrete air force field three times further away than Woodstock '69 & '94 from New York City!!

I expect many will bring their kids this time and it will be in a lovely setting and FREE! Free Concerts always brings out good spirits in people!

Be There or Be Square!!

DREAMTIME - unfortunately you´ve missed your chance !!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 31, 2008 23:29

HelterSkelter
aerostone
See a lot of you are from europe so you just dont know how important woodstock is.... see The Who play there again would be EPIC

aerostone, why don't you just mellow out, zip the hyper active lip, and stop insulting Europeans with your know nothing comments. Since the average European is about 100 times more aware about EVERYTHING than the average American is I think they KNOW about Woodstock. I usually divide my time between Paris and Los Angeles so I happen to know FIRST HAND through friends and talking to many different informed groups of people, from taxi drivers to people working in restaurants and cafes, not from some stupid anti-European radio talk show with a yapping retard.... Just hush up and LOOK, LISTEN, and LEARN...... I believe it will do you a lot of good ......

Ya know what my little brilliant brainiac whipper snapper - I will take "The British Invasion" of the 60's - Beatles/Stones/Who/Kinks/Animals/Pink Floyd/Yardbirds/Hollies/etc. etc. over Iron Butterfly/Blue Cheer anytime, anywhere, anyhow... BTW, you spelt my name wrong. it's Chomsky Jr., Not Chumley.... I thought you were Chumley, comparing Elvis to Johnny - DUMB !!! (actually, missed my entire point completely - no big deal, to be expected, tain't no big surprise)

tomk
I think Chumley here is right regarding the European/American thing.
Johnny Hallyday is better than Elvis Presley.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:47

I thought the whole deal with Woodstock '94 and Woodstock '99 was to showcase the hottest CURRENT bands, with only a few oldies acts thrown in for nostalgia purposes. This was done to ensure that people would actually show up. If Woodstock '94 had been merely a reunion of surviving '69 performers, attendance would have been low. Even in '94, at the age of 35, I considered myself too old to spend three days sitting in filth. I'm certainly not going to do it now. People in their 50s don't want to do this anymore, do they?

Come to think of it, Woodstock '69 also showcased the hottest then-current bands. Most of them had only been recording a short time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 15:50 by tatters.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2009 17:54

tatters
Even in '94, at the age of 35, I considered myself too old to spend three days sitting in filth. People in their 50s don't want to do this anymore, do they?

Wouldnt imagine so. They'll get enough time to do it when they're in their 80's.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 2, 2009 17:58

Oops. I thought it sounded familiar.

This whole thing just makes me laugh, this Woodstock thing.

What a horrible idea. People truly are dumb enough to go to something that has a name and history attached to it that happened...once. And then there are the people who think - it's just a BAD IDEA.

And guess what? HA HA! Whoever it was that posted the $100 water and $200 umbrella and so on - people are gonna make a ton of money off of that kind of garbage because people are going to be able to say I was there mannnnn.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 2, 2009 17:59

way back in 1994 i blew off woodstock to go see the worlds greatest rock and roll band in the world the ROLLING STONES at giants stadium (saturday).we drove down the thruway early saturday morning flew right by saugerties (concert site) go in to new york early morning played around in central park for a few hours then went to THE TAVERN ON THE GREEN had a magnificent feast,then went across the lincoln tunnel to giants stadium and enjoyed the STONES in support of there VOODOO LOUNGE tour and let me tell you the great time we had .i would not trade it for NOTHING .that how strong my love is for the STONES (GET IT HA HA ).really the STONES were AWESOME . on the way home that night on the thruway we smelled the bonfires from way back and as we got closer to saugerties we seen a bunch of zombies wandering around on the thruway ,what a freaking mess .

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 3, 2009 01:15

Gazza
tatters
Even in '94, at the age of 35, I considered myself too old to spend three days sitting in filth. People in their 50s don't want to do this anymore, do they?

Wouldnt imagine so. They'll get enough time to do it when they're in their 80's.

You know what I mean, though, right? Three day rock festivals are a young man's idea of a good time. My idea of a good time is hearing great music performed live in a venue that would be considered intimate relative to the performer's degree of fame. If you've seen a band you love in an arena, the next thing you should want to hope to someday do is see them in a theatre, or maybe even a club. The last thing you should ever want to do is go in the opposite direction and see them in a stadium, or even worse, at a festival, playing to hundreds of thousands of people. I can't think of worse circumstances in which to listen to music.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: January 3, 2009 01:31

The Greek
way back in 1994 i blew off woodstock to go see the worlds greatest rock and roll band in the world the ROLLING STONES at giants stadium (saturday).we drove down the thruway early saturday morning flew right by saugerties (concert site) go in to new york early morning played around in central park for a few hours then went to THE TAVERN ON THE GREEN had a magnificent feast,then went across the lincoln tunnel to giants stadium and enjoyed the STONES in support of there VOODOO LOUNGE tour and let me tell you the great time we had .i would not trade it for NOTHING .that how strong my love is for the STONES (GET IT HA HA ).really the STONES were AWESOME . on the way home that night on the thruway we smelled the bonfires from way back and as we got closer to saugerties we seen a bunch of zombies wandering around on the thruway ,what a freaking mess .

I went to W'94 and still got to see the Stones in Jersey on the last night, Monday so I had 4 days of music!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:05

Baboon Bro
As long as one could take a decent pee-wee break during Baez smiling bouncing smiley ..

No kidding! She seemed like a grouchy granny even way back at Live Aid!

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home