Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL 2009!
Posted by: martin1978 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 22:23

b]It is now Confirmed!!![/b]

Woodstock Festival 2009, Is a planned festival to occur August 15th & 16th, 2009 in New York and August 22nd & 23nd,2009 in Berlin, Germany. The event is currently being planned by Michael Lang, promoter of the previous Woodstock festivals. Approximately 200,000 - 300,000 people are expected to attend each of the two locations. The event is planned to be free of charge at both locations and is said to include most of the original Woodstock Festival performers. The slogan of the 40th Anniversary festival is "For a green World“ – It's a free concert from now".

Anlässlich des 40. Jahrestages des legendären Woodstock-Festivals finden im August 2009 zwei Konzerte (New York/Berlin) mit nahezu dem original Line-Up (u. a. Santana, Joe Cocker, The Who, Neil Young & Crazy Horses, Grateful Dead, Joan Baez, Country Joe and the Fish) sowie aktueller Top Acts statt. Unter dem Motto „For a Green World“ stehen neben der Musik auch ökologische Aspekte im Vordergrund. Als ultimative Konzert-Location dient dabei der Flughafen Berlin Tempelhof, dessen Flugbetrieb im Oktober 2008 eingestellt wurde. Michael Lang, der damalige und heutige Organisator des Festivals, rechnet mit 200.000-300.000 Zuschauern.

[www.woodstock.com]

Re: OT: WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL 2009!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 29, 2008 23:39

As long as one could take a decent pee-wee break during Baez smiling bouncing smiley ..

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: December 29, 2008 23:41

After Altamont and Woodstock´99 Mike Lang should never be allowed to promote anything other than children´s birthday parties.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 29, 2008 23:54

CAN'T WAIT !!! (over the PA system)....people, listen up, we want you to know that the brown laxative being passed around is not of the best quality, it won't kill you but we recommend skipping the experience if possible......it was picked up at nearby Wal Mart and is said to be a Chinese import contaminated with concrete mix powder - so, use it at your own risk.....OK, here they are now on the main stage, SHA-NA-NA !!! give them a big hand will ya folks !!!!

Date: December 30, 2008 00:01

Weren't Woodstock 94 and 99 both disasters? Why don't they come up with a new idea rather than re-heating Woodstock.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 30, 2008 00:03

Tornandfrayed
After Altamont and Woodstock´99 Mike Lang should never be allowed to promote anything other than children´s birthday parties.

What evil have the kids done for this?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2008 01:04

martin1978
The event is planned to be free of charge at both locations and is said to include most of the original Woodstock Festival performers. The slogan of the 40th Anniversary festival is "For a green World“ – It's a free concert from now".

If its including "most of the original performers", they might be best advised to change the slogan to "I see dead people".

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 01:55

there should be an age restriction to these events... 50 y.o. and above.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 30, 2008 06:23

This is Great News!! I marked my calendar!!

'Who' would have thought that 40 years later we could gather again to celebrate and once again try to educate the next generation how to BE GREEN!!

Since they will be FREE concerts I expect a DVD to raise money for GREENING!!

I met Michael Lang in '91 at ROCK N RIO II. He was down in Brazil keeping up with festival operations and consulting.

Let's hope they bring Woodstock back to the original site where it's actually GREEN!

"Cause there ain't no cure for The SummerTime Blues!!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-30 06:29 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 30, 2008 08:03

Okay, free admition. However you will probably not be able to carry anything inside except for a single bottle of water.

This means:

20 ounce beer $9.00
Hot Dog $8.00
20 ounce soda $7.00
Bottled Water $6.00
Nacho Grande $12.00
Parking $50.00 (Vans $100.00)
Overnight Parking Permit $100.00 additional
Shamwow Shower Facility $10.00 per use
CitiBank ATM Surcharge $10.00
Verizon WiFi Hospitality Tent $25 for an hour of WiFi

VIP Special Packages $5,000 (Includes a T-shirt, camping spot within 1,000 yards of the main entrence, tote bag full of sponsorship crap, no artist access, semi private toilets and worthless VIP laminate)

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 30, 2008 09:25

And to think some of you went through the roof
when John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) did an advert for butter.
Thank God they never did anything for the 40th for Monterey.
They could do a 40th for Altamont.
"Our generation will get it right this time, we promise."
I can see Jann Wenner leading the way on that one,
and Obama giving a speech. "We know what happened here
40 years ago was a tragedy..."
Wait a minute. Don't give them any ideas!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 30, 2008 09:56

trainarollin
Okay, free admition. However you will probably not be able to carry anything inside except for a single bottle of water.

This means:

20 ounce beer $9.00
Hot Dog $8.00
20 ounce soda $7.00
Bottled Water $6.00
Nacho Grande $12.00
Parking $50.00 (Vans $100.00)
Overnight Parking Permit $100.00 additional
Shamwow Shower Facility $10.00 per use
CitiBank ATM Surcharge $10.00
Verizon WiFi Hospitality Tent $25 for an hour of WiFi

VIP Special Packages $5,000 (Includes a T-shirt, camping spot within 1,000 yards of the main entrence, tote bag full of sponsorship crap, no artist access, semi private toilets and worthless VIP laminate)

Don't forget the access to the "gold circle" near the stage. The Shamwow shower sounds worth it.

Posted by: aerostone ()
Date: December 30, 2008 09:57

Seeing the who at woodstock would be sick!

Date: December 30, 2008 09:58

They should add DMB, the Peppers, Pearl Jam, Velvet Revolver w/ a new singer, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, and maybe Cream for good luck

It'd be awesome

Date: December 30, 2008 10:04

Sir Craven of Cottage
Weren't Woodstock 94 and 99 both disasters? Why don't they come up with a new idea rather than re-heating Woodstock.

Woodstock '94 was Great!!

Awesome sets by Metallica, Aerosmith, Green Day & more!!

No fighting or fires on a concrete field like '99

'94 even had Naked Mud Sliding but no Lake for swimming.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 30, 2008 10:16

I'm looking forward ALTAMONT FREE CONCERT with original performers - and quite many of them are still alive (Sonny Barger not?). A good place to bring Mick Taylor back...

HYDE PARK 40th Anniversary would be another good one...

- Doxa

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 30, 2008 11:19

aerostone
Seeing the who at woodstock would be sick!

Why?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 30, 2008 11:31

Yeah, why the excitement? Just another festival added to the season. There are enough great festivals to go to, so why just the name Woodstock gets some people excited is beyond me.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 30, 2008 11:33

DREAMTIME
Sir Craven of Cottage

Hi Dreamtime,
there´s a possibility to chose the size of the letters.
If you want the black fat option that´s fine but you should take the "normal"
size because leading the blind is one thing but shouting at them a different
one,know what I mean ?
Just have a try...

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 30, 2008 18:52

No matter how you feel about it, it certainly is an Interesting concept. If they're talking about the Grateful Dead they may as well throw in Creedence Clearwater Revival, Ten Years After, Jefferson Airplane and Johnny Winter as well.

Personally I can't see 200,000 50-60 year olds going to this thing. I'll watch it on the internet or cable TV instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-31 02:18 by Duane in Houston.

Date: December 30, 2008 19:15

aerostone
They should add DMB, the Peppers, Pearl Jam, Velvet Revolver w/ a new singer, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, and maybe Cream for good luck

It'd be awesome

....as awesome as a fart....

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:15

Red Hot Chili Peppers led the crowd to start lighting things on fire...well documented.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:53

Can't go back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-06 21:23 by schillid.

Date: December 30, 2008 22:57

See a lot of you are from europe so you just dont know how important woodstock is.... see The Who play there again would be EPIC

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:05

....i can't make it - i'm watching paint dry, that weekend.

Posted by: django ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:53

aerostone
See a lot of you are from europe so you just dont know how important woodstock is.... see The Who play there again would be EPIC

Wrong. Through the movie and the first LP set it became a global event very quickly.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:44

aerostone
See a lot of you are from europe so you just dont know how important woodstock is....

Absolute bollocks.

Date: December 31, 2008 02:58

shortfatfanny
DREAMTIME
Sir Craven of Cottage

Hi Dreamtime,
there´s a possibility to chose the size of the letters.
If you want the black fat option that´s fine but you should take the "normal"
size because leading the blind is one thing but shouting at them a different
one,know what I mean ?
Just have a try...

I DON'T LIKE SQUINTING & WHO IS TO SAY WHAT NORMAL IS? THE ROLLING STONES' FANS ARE OLDER & MOST WEAR GLASSES FOR READING. WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF THE ABOVE WAS THE NORMAL FONT SIZE!! WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WEAR GLASSES!! IT'S LIKE THE LARGE PRINT NEW YORK TIMES. THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ALSO DON'T BUY INTO GEEK CULTURE, AND I AM ONE!

you can always skip the post if it hurts your eyes? is there a rule for when members can use the larger font options? i would use color also but it doesn't seem to work for me.

happy new year.....hot smiley

Date: December 31, 2008 05:44

aerostone

aerostone, why don't you just mellow out, zip the hyper active lip, and stop insulting Europeans with your know nothing comments. Since the average European is about 100 times more aware about EVERYTHING than the average American is I think they KNOW about Woodstock. I usually divide my time between Paris and Los Angeles so I happen to know FIRST HAND through friends and talking to many different informed groups of people, from taxi drivers to people working in restaurants and cafes, not from some stupid anti-European radio talk show with a yapping retard.... Just hush up and LOOK, LISTEN, and LEARN...... I believe it will do you a lot of good ......

One more thing, THERE IS NO BAND CALLED "THE WHO", there's Roger and Pete doing their songs, when half the band is dead there is no band anymore - it's not them......

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 31, 2008 06:24

I find the whole 'green' thing to be a wad of bullshit. Get over yerself with being green - you ain't no Kermit The Frog. You might be green when you buy recycled pencils but they are made from recycled newspaper and there is a lot of water used - and flushed out into wetlands - to do that - a lot more than brand new wood as well as newspaper requires. So buying recycled pencils - not really a good idea. It's similar to buying Guns N' Roses tickets or shark fin soup - you're just encouraging a really bad thing to keep going.

And this Woodstock thing? It's an awful idea, this Woodstock thing. Yes - baby boomers can all get together and squint.

Have it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home