Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Did the Stones pass the torch to AC/DC?
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 3, 2009 16:29

slew
andyjs - What are you 18? you sure act it!

Yep

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: January 3, 2009 20:37

andy js
FrankM
AC/DC isn't in the same league as The Stones and anyone that thinks so is off their rocker

Correct. The Stones haven't been in AC/DC's league for at least 20 years

Totally agree Andy. The Stones are the varsity and AC/DC is the junior varsity lol.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 20:43

youre shite frankm , keep your mouth closed please

Date: January 3, 2009 20:50

Shite because I think The Stones are far better than AC/DC as most people would?
I think your shite there buddy.

Date: January 3, 2009 20:51

I guess Mexicostone is the iorr censor.

Date: January 3, 2009 22:42

most people would?
Are you kidding or just have nothing else to say?
I never really care about sales , but they show what most of the people like.
The stones have shitty sales these days , also at concerts.
ACDC sells out everything , they've already sold out every show for the european stadium tour in about a week before it will happen in 6 months.
That's how more people likes acdc than the stones.
Unfortunately , there are guys like you who still think everybody loves the stones.
Please shut up and stop messing with acdc.
The stones stopped being in any league of rocknroll since the 80's , they're just a memory since then..

Date: January 3, 2009 22:44

FrankM
I guess Mexicostone is the iorr censor.

I guess youre the iorr shite.

Date: January 4, 2009 03:06

Seems like everybody here against acdc has just shut up.
yeah , for some of you old farts , it's hard to accept acdc rocks better than the stones.
As well as you , frankm.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 4, 2009 03:41

It's subjective (the topic) and I couldn't care less about "the tourch being passed". I have seen each band live about 15 times. I guess if they both came to L.A. and did a one off the same day at different venues, I would go to the AC/DC show. It's all a matter of opinion.

There are no other active artists that I have seen as many times as I have seen the Stones or AC/DC. I have seen Bruce & E Street Band about 9 or 10 times.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 4, 2009 17:05

mexicostone - without knocking AC/DC I would be willing to bet that the Stones have played to more people since 1989 than any other act out there. Wether they still rock harder is a matter of opinion. If you are looking at the the last leg of the 2006 tour I feel that it should not have happened I believe the market was saturated at that point as far as the Stones go. The ticket prices are way too high to do two U.S. legs.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 4, 2009 17:11

Torch or not, it means nothing. Like this thread.

Date: January 4, 2009 19:21

FrankM
Totally agree Andy. The Stones are the varsity and AC/DC is the junior varsity lol.

If i knew what the hell that meant, i'm sure i'd have a comeback!

What the @#$%&'s a 'Varsity' and 'Junior Varsity' ?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 4, 2009 20:51

The Rolling Stones didn't pass the torch to nobody, but I just watched the AC/DC SARS concert in Toronto 2003 and it totally blew me away.
Brilliant guitars and lots of raw energy. AC/DC rocks big time.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 4, 2009 21:16

yes acdc were brilliant at sars

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2010 12:55

Great read! And yeah it's obvious ACDC are talentless alcoholics that were VERY lucky in life...
(Andy where are you? We need you here! >grinning smiley< )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-02 13:14 by dcba.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 2, 2010 19:24

This is hilarious!

What torch - ha ha. The one that went out in 1974?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2010 21:39

AC/DC are doing the whole soundtrack (ala Who Made Who) to Iron Man 2 - comes out tomorrow in 3 variations (at least at Walmart): Single cd, CD/DVD combo, and CD/DVD collector's edition with AC/DC stickers, mini poser I believe, and a comic book. No new material on it though, unfortunately...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2010 21:44

skipstone
This is hilarious!

What torch - ha ha. The one that went out in 1974?

thumbs up

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 20, 2010 00:02

*Did The Stones pass the torch to AC/DC* I dont think so. AC/DC are good.. but theyre not that good.Im an AC/DC fan but i find it hard work and tiring to watch Angus dressed as a school boy especially at his age and running around with no shirt on.Just wish he would do something different for a change..ya know what i mean.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 20, 2010 00:18

AC/DC bores me. End of story.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 00:32

AC/DC rocks, but that's all they can do...no diversity at all...since the beginning it's the same for every song...I find it pretty annoying

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 20, 2010 00:54

I only know the song Black Bettyhot smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:27

Come on... AC/DC being in the same class as the Rolling Stones?

They are like the real life Spinal Tap. Don't get me wrong I get a kick out of them and I like some of their popular singles, but to put them in the same class as The Stones, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin as the original poster did is comical.

Bon Jovi sells a lot of records and I think it's safe to say nobody will be comparing them to the Stones. Besides, didn't AC/DC go through a period where they couldn't give their new records away?

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:29

What is AC/DC?

Date: April 20, 2010 02:49

TWENTY times the live band the Stones are now even at their age

Its sad for the old crumplies to admit. But if you want to see a great RNR band in concert, there is only one left on the planet

And it aint the Stones

Date: April 20, 2010 03:04

AC/DC..Moscows 1991 concert would of been a first for them to have armed soldiers in full uniform at one of their concerts.Or were they just employed as security staff for the day.Would of put a bit of a downer on things if ya had one of them standing beside ya.Mind you a few of them were smiling smoking smileyand getting into it a bit..was good to see.

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:31

to each their own...
obviously i love the stones.
i don't believe they have consciously passed the torch.
but i feel it is safe to say that ac/dc are seen as the classic rock touring powerhouse who can deliver. the stones perhaps have a slight backseat to them.

i know every single person who has discussed the stones/acdc show in toronto back in 2003 said that ac/dc blew the stones away in every sense of the word. that even coming from some die hard stones fans.

i'll take their word for it.

again though, just depends what you like.

Date: April 20, 2010 04:30

Canadian sway..ya right..AC/DC have got plenty of good stuff theres no doubt about that.In 2003 at the Sars concert in Toronto.When *The Guess Who* come out and done *American Women*...Well I dont know how many times ive watched that on DVD it was excellent and by the look of the crowd they thought the same..yea.smoking smiley

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:47

I've seen both ac dc and stones and I have to say they are a difference kind of group.In an Ac/Dc concert the energy is up all the time and is great and it was the best concert I've ever been, but Stones are far superior even if they have some performance problems these days.
Ac dc are great but it's just one dimension of rock and it isn't that hard for everyone to enjoy it. On the other hand Stones have a wide range of music and that's why I love them, because they've tried everything in music.Also live they are a much more sophisticated act than Ac Dc. When was the last time ac dc challenged theirselves either live or in albums.They do the exact same thing over and over again.

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:07

I have been a huge Stones fan for over 30 years and have 6,000 Stones songs on my iPod. I have never bought an AC/DC album (I have 5 AC/DC songs), but I read this entire thread and the AC/DC side is winning the argument about popularity. The top selling iTunes Stones songs are all on Hot Rocks, released on December 20, 1971. If the Stones broke up within a year of the Beatles, their iTunes top 24 songs would be the same today. They have released 3 albums since the 80's and apparently few care. But for me, like lots of you on IORR, I find magic in their songs unknown to the masses - Let it Loose, Sway, Moonlight Mile, Worried About You, Before They Make Me Run, Misty Roads, I Need You, Almost Hear You Sigh, Think I'm Going Mad, I Am Waiting... I imagine the majority of AC/DC fans would throw up if they had to listen to those. I love their hits, but those are the songs for me that make the Stones my favorite for decades and separate them from the rest. I am so damn lucky to know these songs.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home