Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Voodoo Lounge Giants Stadium VHS Tape
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 21, 2008 00:01

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 20:03 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 21, 2008 00:31

Indeed, you're right! Didn't see that. But selling DVDRs is still some kind of rip-off I think...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-21 00:32 by midnrambler.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 21, 2008 07:51

Hi, everyone

They are probably DVD-R copies. What makes me think that way is that, in at least 3 cases, they use artworks created by 'Wattswood'

[us.st12.yimg.com]

[us.st12.yimg.com]

[us.st12.yimg.com]

Why do I know that?

I am Wattswood, and I've created hundreds of Stones' dvd artworks, mostly for the various trees on Shidoobee. I'm sure many of you already have many of my artworks on your shelves (they have my signature on the back + a logo that says ''Do Not Sell. Do Not Buy.Trades only''). I made them for all to use/enjoy for free. However, I must say that I don't like to see them on websites that use them to sell dvds. Not that they should ask for my permission 'cause I have no copyrights or whatever. It's just that it kills the idea of ''free sharing'' for me.

Daniel from Canada

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-21 08:00 by daniel t.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 21, 2008 21:49

skipstone
That would be so cool! Especially since that PPV Voodoo show is next to impossible to find! And of course, they didn't do Shattered at that show.

Hi Skipstone

Well, the transfer worked so I can burn you a copy. Email me your address and I'll stick the DVD in the post.

Cheers
FT

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 22, 2008 09:09

Cool beans man!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 22, 2008 16:34

I purchased the Giants Stadium VHS show from the merchandising section at the Syracuse Voodoo Lounge show that I attended in 12/94. Although the Stones were a little ragged around the edges at Giants Stadium as it was recorded 6 or 7 dates into the Voodoo Lounge tour, I actually prefer the performance of this pro-shot video rather than the pay-per-view Miami show recorded in 11/94. My only complaint with the Giants Stadium souvenir show was that it was not complete as the following tunes were left out: Beast of Burden, Wild Horses (a good version and a tune that had not been performed in a long time up to this point), All Down the Line, I Can't Get Next to You, I Go Wild, Happy, and Love Is Strong. Interestingly enough, Godfather records not too long ago released an upgraded CD companion of this show in excellent soundboard that features the COMPLETE show. Makes me wonder if we will ever see the complete Giants Stadium video some day...

PS- I have been purchasing Stones (and other rock) videos from Stellar Products for a while now and even though their product is DVDr, the prices and response to orders is pretty reasonable.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2008 00:50

Will you be putting the show on a torrent Father Ted?

Could you please post the link for it if you do?

Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home